fortnight | fortnightly | fortnights | "two weeks" | "2 weeks" | "fourteen days"
Pages in category "Fortnight"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- A brahmana who is sufficiently rich must offer oblations to the forefathers during the dark-moon fortnight in the latter part of the month of Bhadra
- According to lunar calculations, two fortnights - one of the waxing moon and the other of the waning - form one month. That same period is one day and night for the planet Pitrloka
- As the moon, in its waxing fortnight, develops day after day, so the royal prince (Pariksit) very soon developed luxuriantly under the care and full facilities of his guardian grandfathers
- At the end of His (Caitanya) twenty-fourth year, in the month of Magha, during the fortnight of the waxing moon, the Lord accepted the renounced order of life, sannyasa
- At the end of His twenty-fourth year, at the end of the fortnight of the waxing moon, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left Navadvipa and crossed the river Ganges at a place known as Nidayara-ghata
- The Caturmasya period begins in the month of Asadha (June-July) from the day of Ekadasi called Sayana-ekadasi, in the fortnight of the waxing moon
- The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back
- The period (Caturmasya) ends in the month of Karttika (October-November) on the Ekadasi day known as Utthana-ekadasi, in the fortnight of the waxing moon. This four-month period is known as Caturmasya
- The Rasa-yatra, or rasa dancing of Krsna, takes place on the full-moon night of the same month (the month of Karttika (October-November). Utthana-dvadasi takes place the day after Ekadasi in the waxing fortnight of the moon in the same month
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Balarama), there is a very powerful demon of the name Balvala. He is the son of Ilvala, and he visits this sacred place of sacrifice every fortnight on the full moon and moonless days and creates a great disturbance"
- The Sixth Canto I have already completed and I shall begin the Seventh Canto within a fortnight. When I am relieved from the administration work, then it will be done
- The sun is rising punctually, the moon is rising punctually, the fortnight is going on, the season is coming punctually - everything. Why there should be no creator or no superintendent?
- This sandesh can be kept at least for a fortnight without damage, but cheese cannot be kept more than three days
- Those who know the Supreme Brahman attain that Supreme by passing away from the world during the influence of the fiery god, in the light, at an auspicious moment of the day, or during the fortnight of the waxing moon