Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
formula | formulas
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Formula"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A quantity of gold is counted by a measurement called a bhara. According to Vedic formulas, one bhara is equal to about twenty-one pounds, and one mound equals about eighty-two pounds
- According to this formula, the gosvamis who are descendants of Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu are certainly devotees, but devotees coming from other families should not be discriminated against
- Bhakti formula, anyabhilasita-sunyam (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.1.11): "You have to make your heart cleansed of all material desire." Then spiritual life will begin
- Big, big advertising, "United Nations." All nations, you... Because all the cats and dogs united. What they can do? If the all the world's cats and dogs meet together to make a formula, will they be able?
- Blood transforms into milk. To drink milk is auspicious, but to drink blood is inauspicious, although they are one and the same thing. This formula is applicable in the case of cow's milk also
- Either the world is run on the principle of communistic philosophy or capitalistic philosophy, it will never be happy. Here is the formula, that everyone should be satisfied with the profit that he can easily make. That's all
- Everyone wants to eat, sing and dance, Through this formula - dancing, singing and eating Krsna prasada and hearing philosophical discussion, transcendental topics from Bhagavad-gita - so don't you think it is very happy?
- I am getting to be an old man. I have given you the formula how to preach; you are young boys and girls, our future hope. Now you follow the principles, apply your intelligence, and everything will come out successful by the Grace of our Lord Krishna
- I am glad to learn that your program is to do some work independently, and at the same time to do work for our Krishna Consciousness Movement. This formula I have already accepted, and I have given you permission according to your leaning
- I started the New Vrindaban scheme on this formula (varnasrama)
- If one is limited by some formulas only, he is described as an animal which is bound up by the chain of the master and cannot move beyond the length of the chain. So we are concerned with persons who are not chained by anything
- If one simply sticks to the religious formulas and formalities but does not become elevated to the position of love of God, he is considered to be a chained animal
- If the husband is first class and the wife is chaste and faithful, then the home is heaven. This is the formula
- If we become attracted by the rituals only or formulas, and quarrel on that point
- If we perform everything nicely and always seize every opportunity to preach about Krishna, that is our formula for success
- In all the standard scriptures and in yoga practice formula, the whole aim is to concentrate one's mind in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is called samadhi, samadhi, ecstasy. So that ecstasy is immediately brought by this chanting process
- In order to be recognized by Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one should chant the holy name of the Lord continuously, twenty-four hours a day. Unfortunate persons who cannot accept this formula prefer to execute some type of pseudomeditation
- In this age of Kali the greatest common formula of sacrifice is the sankirtana-yajna
- In this age of Kali there are many differences of opinion for self-realization, or transcendental life, or religious life, but this common formula, chanting of the holy name of God, can be accepted by everyone
- ISKCON is meant to establish a clear, practical common formulation of the common ideal of all theists, and to defeat the unnecessary dogmatic wranglings that now divide & invalidate the theistic camp. This common ideal of theism is to develop love of God
- It doesn’t matter of whether it is Christian religion or Hindu religion or Muslim religion the formula is, sa vai pumsam paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhoksaje. That religion is first-class which teaches the follower how to love the Supreme Absolute Truth
- Kanistha-adhikaris devotees follow the routine formulas and sometimes quarrel among themselves, considering one type of devotion better than another
- Krsna consciousness is the necessity. It is not a religious formula or some spiritual recreation. No. It is the most important thing that we should imbibe in our life
- Now it is your duty that you always must keep yourselves fit in Krishna's service. The formula is very simple and if you will follow undeviatingly then your rapid advancement in Krishna Consciousness is certain
- Now you have got the formula how to achieve very quickly the supreme perfectional stage, and it is up to you if you will practice it seriously or not
- Of course, I am old man. I may die. If you have taken up this formula very nicely, then you will go on preaching, and it may be spread all over the world. Very simple thing
- One can become free from the control of material nature as soon as he surrenders his soul to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is the preliminary formula
- One is expected to understand these three formulas of knowledge concerning the Supreme Lord - that He is the supreme enjoyer, that He is the proprietor of everything, and that He is the best well-wisher and friend of everyone
- Our only formula is anyone who is not Krsna conscious, he has no good qualities - we reject him, whatever he may be
- Simply become more concerned with increasing the spiritual content of our lives, and in this way all other problems like management will be easily solved, not that they can be solved by making some legal formula and having big big meetings and talks
- So we're very shocked and astonished that so many people are coming to the West, to the United States, and posing as holy men and simply making business, charging money, and giving somebody some magical formula whereby they can become God
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given transcendentalists two formulas for dealing with this material world
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has therefore criticized the Mayavadi sannyasis with his second formula
- Still, whatever Madhvacarya has established as the formula for our party we practice as a party policy
- That religion is best which helps someone, the religionist, to develop love of God, Godhead. If you put to test all kinds of religion in this formula of Srimad-Bhagavatam, you'll understand which religion is best. You haven't got to ask anybody
- The formula of sannyasa is given - karyam: "But this is my only duty. That's all. Krsna consciousness movement should be pushed. This is my only duty"
- The Krsna consciousness movement issues a supreme call to all kinds of religionists, asking them with great authority to join this movement, by which one can learn how to love God and thus surpass all formulas and formalities of scriptural injunction
- The pancaratriki formula for training persons in devotional service is temple worship, whereby the neophytes get the opportunity to learn devotional service to the Lord
- The people, the whole human society, is missing this knowledge of spiritual nature. Therefore they are attached to this material nature, and here is a formula how we can become detached to this material nature and come to our original nature
- The Vaisnava cult conclusion should be taken. Otherwise we cannot preach. Without becoming Vaisnava, one cannot become guru. Without becoming guru, how one can preach? These are the formulas
- The whole worldly religious process is the same, I mean to say, experimental or formulas or rituals so that one may become dovetailed with the supreme consciousness
- There is no new formula. The same Vyasa-puja, the same philosophy. Simply we have to accept it. Then our life will be successful
- This formula prescribed by the Lord is universally applicable, even for the poorest man
- Try to follow the formula recommended practically by Srila Rupa Goswami, that 50% of one's income be spent for propagating Krishna Consciousness
- We have got such stock of real substance that alone it is sufficient to capture the readers, without such ordinary tricks and commercial formulas
- What Vyasadeva said, your guru will also say the same thing. Not that "So many hundreds of thousands of years have passed away. Therefore I will give you a new formula." No. There is no new formula