Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
forbear | forbearance | forbearing | forebearing
Pages in category "Forbearing"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- A devotee engaged in chanting the holy name of the Lord should practice forbearance like that of a tree. Even if rebuked or chastised, he should not say anything to others to retaliate
- A person who is very peaceful, forbearing, considerate and obliging is called dhira-prasanta. This dhira-prasanta trait of Krsna was exhibited in His dealings with the Pandavas
- A person who tolerates all kinds of troubles, even though such troubles appear to be unbearable, is called forbearing
- According to Bhagavad-gita there are eighteen items in culturing knowledge. By such culture of knowledge one becomes gradually prideless, devoid of vanity, nonviolent, forbearing, simple, devoted to the great spiritual master, and self-controlled
- Bali Maharaja endured all these severe tests and austerities is the mercy of the Supreme Lord. The Lord certainly appreciates the devotee's forbearance, and it is recorded for the future glorification of the devotee
- Brahmanas are generally very softhearted and forbearing because they have the power to control the senses and the mind. Daksa, however, was not forbearing
- By brahminical culture, the development of the dormant qualities of goodness, namely truthfulness, equanimity, sense control, forbearance, simplicity, general knowledge, transcendental knowledge, & firm faith in the Vedic wisdom, one can become a brahmana
- By such culture of knowledge one becomes gradually prideless, devoid of vanity, nonviolent, forbearing, simple, devoted to the great spiritual master, and self-controlled
- The devotees of the Lord are so forbearing that even though they are defamed, cheated, cursed, disturbed, neglected or even killed, they are never inclined to avenge themselves
- The great sage Visvamitra saw that Maharaja Hariscandra, along with his wife, was truthful, forbearing and concerned with the essence. Thus he gave them imperishable knowledge for fulfillment of the human mission
- The King's (Pariksit's) distressed condition was certainly unprecedented. The devotees like Maharaja Pariksit are powerful enough to forbear such (hunger and thirst) distresses, by the will of the Lord, and they are never disturbed
- The queens continued, "We think you have been attacked by insomnia, or, if we are not wrong, our dear Syamasundara has tactfully taken away your gravity and power of forbearance, which are your natural qualifications"
- The Supreme Lord is very favorable towards all activities performed according to brahminical culture, or the qualities of control of the senses and mind, cleanliness, forbearance, faith in scripture, and practical and theoretical knowledge
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (23) mati, attention; (24) dhrti, forbearance; (25) harsa, jubilation; (26) autsukya, eagerness; (27) augrya, violence and (28) amarsa, anger
- This child (Pariksit) will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as parents
- This child will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as his parents