Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
flute | flutelike | flutes | flute's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Flute"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- All the cowherd boys had unlimited calves. Similarly, their canes, flutes, lotus flowers, horns, garments and ornaments were all unlimited. They cannot be limited by writing about them
- As he (King Uttanapada) proceeded in this parade, there were auspicious sounds of conchshells, kettledrums, flutes, and the chanting of Vedic mantras to indicate all good fortune
- One (cowherd boy) would say, "I will go there and touch Krsna," and another would say, "Oh, you cannot go. I’ll touch Krsna first." Some of them played on their flutes or vibrated bugles made of buffalo horn
- One of the gopis began to play on a flute, and another praised her the way Krsna's boyfriends praised Him while He played on His flute. One of the gopis took another gopi on her shoulders, just as Krsna used to take His boyfriends
- Some of them played horns and flutes, and others danced and sang. Some of them offered betel nuts, and others waved camara fans about Him
- Suddenly a cowherd boy blew on his flute, and immediately the Lord was struck with ecstatic love
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "As soon as they heard the flute-playing of their boys, they immediately stood up and mentally embraced their sons, who had been created by the direct internal potency of Krsna"
- The city (Indrapuri) was filled with the sounds of mrdangas, conchshells, kettledrums, flutes and well-tuned stringed instruments all playing in concert. There was constant dancing and the Gandharvas sang
- The clouds in personified form beat various types of drums, known as mrdangas, panavas, murajas and anakas. They also blew conchshells and bugles known as gomukhas and played flutes and stringed instruments
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The lovable Supreme Lord is the supreme shelter. The Lord is the supreme subject, and the devotees are the object. The coming together of a subject and object is called alambana. The object hears, and the subject plays the flute
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The vibrations of various musical instruments, bheris, turyas, vinas, flutes, mrdangas all joined together to make a beautiful reception. While Krsna was entering, the whole city was cleansed, all the different streets & roads were sprinkled with water
- They are accustomed to playing on their flutes made of palm leaves, and they all have buffalo-horn bugles ornamented like Krsna's with jewels such as indranila and with gold and coral. They are always jubilant like Krsna
- While Krsna danced, some of the cowherd boys sang and others played on flutes; some bugled on buffalo horns or clapped their hands, praising Krsna, "Dear brother, You are dancing very nicely"
- While the King (Yudhisthira) was taking the avabhrtha bath, many groups of professional singers sang as vinas, flutes, gongs and cymbals were played, and thus a tumultuous sound vibrated in the sky