Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
excess | excesses | excessive | excessively
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Excessive"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A devotee must execute his prescribed duties, which are glorious, without material profit. Without excessive violence, one should regularly perform one's devotional activities
- A vaisya can satisfy the Supreme Godhead by properly executing his occupational duties - engaging himself in producing foodstuffs, giving protection to cows, and trading if necessary when there is an excess of agricultural production
- According to Srila Rupa Gosvami, there are six impediments to the discharge of devotional service, and also six activities favorable to progress in devotional service. The first impediment is atyahara, overeating or accumulating more wealth than we need
- Actually, due to his excessive ecstatic love for Krsna, Uddhava became known in Dvaraka as crazy
- As there is a Siva-jvara weapon, there is also a Narayana-jvara weapon, which is represented by excessive cold
- Every devotee in his perfectional stage has a spontaneous attraction to the Lord. This attraction is sometimes called the "lusty desire" of the devotee. The lust is the devotee's excessive desire to serve the Lord in a particular capacity
- Excessive attachment for material things puts a man in such a bewildering condition of existence. Such fearfulness and loss of mental equilibrium take place in persons who are too affected by material conditions
- Expressions of ecstatic love in pride may be the result of excessive wealth, exquisite beauty, a first-class residence or the attainment of one's ideal goal. One is also considered proud when he does not care about the neglect of others
- If one develops this laulyam, or excessive eagerness for meeting and serving the Lord in a particular way, that is the price to enter into the kingdom of God
- If the color change takes place due to excessive jubilation, the hue turns red. Because such change of color is so rare, Srila Rupa Gosvami does not further discuss this point
- In this way (when Mercury does not move along with the sun, it forbodes cyclones, dust, irregular rainfall, and waterless clouds) it creates fearful conditions due to inadequate or excessive rainfall
- It (Mercury) creates fearful conditions due to inadequate or excessive rainfall
- Krsna is accepted as the friend of the cloud because both the cloud and Krsna satisfy the people when they are disturbed. When the people are burning due to excessive heat, the cloud satisfies them with rain
- Krsna told His other friends, "Subala is feeling too fatigued from mock-fighting with Me. So please do not disturb him anymore by inviting him to fight." This is an instance of laziness caused by dislike of excessive labor
- O greatest of all good men, by the combination of Kali and Harsh Speech were born children named Mrtyu (Death) and Bhiti (Fear). From the combination of Mrtyu and Bhiti came children named Yatana (Excessive Pain) and Niraya (Hell)
- On account of excessive parental affection for Balarama and Krsna, Nanda Maharaja felt tears in his eyes, and he embraced Them and started with the cowherd men for Vrndavana
- Once Sivananda Sena offered food to Lord Caitanya that had been cooked with excessive ghee, and the next day the Lord became sick and went to Murari Gupta for treatment
- Sometimes water becomes hard, very hard, ice. So that is not the natural position of water. Artificially, on account of excessive cold or by artificial means the water becomes solid. But the real position of water is liquidity
- Such funds (from tax collection and fines) were sufficient only for the state budget, and having no excess fund, the King was anxious to get more wealth in some other way in order to perform the horse sacrifice
- Such responsibility was there during the time of Ramacandra. As we have explained in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the king was so responsible for the comforts of the citizens that he was to see that there was not even excessive heat or cold
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Due to her (Yasoda) excessive labor, there were drops of perspiration on her face"
- That is our mission: Cow protection and agriculture and if there is excess, trade. This is a no-profit scheme. For the agriculture we want to produce our own food and we want to keep cows for our own milk
- That kingdom (The province of Kasi) is considered happy where there is no famine, pestilence or excessive heat and cold and where people are happy mentally, spiritually and physically
- The brahmana is always engaged in the worship of Lord Visnu. Therefore the brahmanas are eligible to accept all kinds of charity. But if the brahmanas receive excess charity, they are to distribute it for the service of Visnu
- The living entity is subjected to many tribulations brought about by air, water, fire, extreme heat, extreme cold, sunshine, excessive eating, unhealthy food, maladjustments of the three elements of the body (kapha, pitta and vayu), and so on
- The personified Vedas continued, "The influence of time - past, present and future - and the material miseries, such as excessive heat, excessive cold, birth, death, old age and disease, are all simply the movements of Your eyebrows"
- The populations on all the different planets began to feel the heat excessively and compared it to that of the samvartaka fire. No planet, therefore, is without living beings, as less intelligent materialistic men think
- The queens said, "We can appreciate your heart is full of anxiety for Syamasundara. You (the cloud) appear excessively eager to see Him, & we see that for this reason only, drops of tears are gliding down from your eyes, just as they are from ours"
- The summer season in India is not very much welcomed because of the excessive heat, but in Vrndavana everyone was pleased because summer there appeared just like spring
- The supreme head, being a trained king like Yudhisthira, kept all the inhabitants free from anxiety, diseases and excessive heat and cold. They were not only economically well-to-do, but also physically fit and undisturbed by supernatural power
- The whole economic question can be solved. If you have got excess, then you can trade, you can send to some place where there is scarcity
- There is a statement in the Lalita-madhava that Lord Baladeva, intoxicated from drinking excessive quantities of honey, once began to address the ants
- Those who act in an ordinary way and do not commit excessively sinful acts remain within this middle planetary system, and those who perform abominable sinful actions must go down to hellish life
- When excessive heat is counteracted by extreme cold, it is natural for the hot temperature to gradually reduce, and this is what occurred in the fight between the Siva-jvara and the Narayana-jvara
- When there is an extraordinary excess of ecstatic love, with all of these bodily symptoms manifested, one feels relieved transcendentally
- When there is excessive heat, one can somehow or other tolerate it, but when there is excessive cold, everything collapses. This is actually experienced by a person at the time of death
- When Vasudeva addressed Kamsa as dina-vatsala, this was excessive praise. Kamsa would accept calves as a form of revenue from his poor constituents, and therefore he was called dina-vatsala
- When you use bodily necessities in excessive proportion, that is called kama
- When, because of self-satisfaction or dislike of excessive labor, a person does not perform his duty in spite of having the energy, he is called lazy. This laziness also is manifest in ecstatic love of Krsna