Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Elevation"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- A person who has lived in Dvaraka for six months, for one month, or even for one fortnight, there is awaiting elevation to the Vaikuntha-lokas and all the profits of sarupya-mukti (the privilege of having the same four-handed bodily features as Narayana)
- A pure devotee, without embarrassing himself by trying for elevation in so many ways, stays in the safest position as a servant of Krsna, and thus his life is eternally safe without a doubt
- A sannyasi, one who has understood the self, should be engaged in elevating the self and associating with the Superself. Our Krsna consciousness movement is meant for elevating the living being for promotion back home, back to Godhead
- All these different items are favorable in elevating saintly persons situated in santa-rasa to the advanced stage of devotional service
- Although Putana was an evil spirit, she gained elevation just like the mother of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clear that the cows and the elder gopis who offered milk to Krsna were also elevated to the transcendental position
- Anyone who does not give evidences, proof, from the sastra, then na siddhim sa avapnoti, he does not get at any time success, na sukham, neither any happiness in this material world, na param gatim, and what to speak of elevation in the next life
- As far as fruitive activity is concerned, the contamination is the desire for elevation to a higher standard of life, and for speculative knowledge the contamination is the desire to merge into the existence of the Absolute Truth
- Because of their (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) great desire to love Krsna, they never desired anything like elevation to the heavenly planets or merging into the effulgence of Brahman to become one with the Absolute Truth
- Being elevated to the heavenly planets or other material planets does not mean attaining an eternal life of knowledge and bliss. At the end of the material world, all attainments of material elevation will also end
- Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, or Vedic literature, or any scripture. For whom they are meant? Those who are godly, for their elevation, so that they can elevate more and more. It is not for the atheistic persons
- Bhakti-yoga begins if a person has the firm conviction that simply discharging devotional service to the Lord in full transcendental love can elevate him to the highest perfectional stage of life
- By elevating oneself to the highest platform of loving service, one can automatically be relieved from the bodily concept of life and see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face
- Charity is sometimes performed for elevation to the heavenly kingdom and sometimes with great trouble and with repentance afterwards: "Why have I spent so much in this way?"
- Civilization means elevation. The aim is how to become disconnected with this material body. This is civilization. Otherwise that is not civilization. It is animal life
- Economic development or supremacy over the world can be finished at any moment by the cataclysms of material nature. Even elevation into a higher planetary situation, as men are now seeking on the moon planet, can also be finished at one stroke
- Elevation to the ecstatic stage of life is generally attained through association with pure devotees, while elevation to that stage by the special mercy of Krsna or His devotee is very rare
- Elevation to this stage of ecstasy can be possible in two ways. One way is constant association with pure devotees. The other way is by the special mercy of Krsna, or by the mercy of a pure devotee of Krsna
- Even the worms, birds and beasts are assured of elevation to the highest perfectional life if they are completely surrendered to the transcendental loving service of the Lord
- Everyone enjoys play-acting, only there is at present a dearth of proper material for elevating the general mass of people to the proper standards. Practically, the whole world is going to hell
- I am so glad to read that you are doing very well and keeping always engaged. This is the key to elevating in Krishna Consciousness that we always keep our thoughts, our words and our actions centered around our life and soul, this being Krishna
- If a fruitive worker thinks that Lord Krsna is an ordinary mortal, he does not attain the goal of his fruitive work - elevation to the heavenly planets
- If an impersonalist can, however, come in contact with a pure devotee, his transcendental position can be changed for greater elevation
- If he has got elevation, he has degradation. This is common sense affairs. If you become rich, you can become poor also. Why that once you become rich and there is no question of becoming poor? Is that guaranteed
- If one is situated in Krsna consciousness, then that path is guaranteed for his elevation to the perfectional stage. If one does not take to this path of self-realization, then he is surely to be conducted by the influence of the modes of nature
- If opulence is used for sense gratification it is the cause of degradation, and if used for the service of the Lord (Krsna) it is the cause of elevation
- If the confidential devotees do not take up the task of elevating everyone to Krsna consciousness, then who will do it
- In other words, those who are attached to Srimad-Bhagavatam do not care for any kind of benefit derived from elevation to the higher planetary kingdoms, or for the liberation which is conceived of by the impersonalists
- It is devotional service alone which purifies the heart of the devotee and elevates him to the ultimate realization by which he, established in faith, renders service unto the Supreme Lord
- Krsna consciousness movement, or the Hare Krsna movement, has been inaugurated to revive brahminical culture very easily so that people may become happy and peaceful in this life and prepare for elevation in the next
- Krsna is very kind. He has given us different opportunity for elevating to our transcendental life in different ages
- Krsna said, "They (the brahmanas) are now engaged in performing Vedic sacrifices known as Angirasa, for they desire elevation to the heavenly planets. All of you please go to them"
- Material elevation
- Material enjoyment includes activities such as great sacrifices for auspicious activity, charity, austerity, elevation to the higher planetary system, and even living happily within the material world
- Material opulence can be the cause of degradation and also the cause of elevation, according to the purposes for which it is used
- Men of small knowledge are very much attached to the flowery words of the Vedas, which recommend various fruitive activities for elevation to heavenly planets, resultant good birth, power, and so forth
- Milk is necessary for the performance of yajna. Sages know how to use milk to elevate human society to the perfection of life
- My predecessors, Vaisnavas, they were so generous that they felt very much afflicted for the suffering of the human society. Sri Rupa Goswami tried to elevate them to real path of happiness by introducing this Govinda Ganamrta
- One should live a life of piety, follow the religious rules and regulations, marry and live peacefully for elevation to the higher status of spiritual realization
- One who has perfect brahminical knowledge rejects the process of elevation to higher planets and accepts nivrtti-marga; in other words, he prepares himself to go back home, back to Godhead
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is meant for elevating the living being for promotion back home, back to Godhead. Seeking such elevation is one's duty in the human form of life
- Persons fond of performing ritualistic ceremonies for elevation to the higher planetary systems must offer sacrifices by killing animals. Lord Buddhadeva therefore rejected the authority of the Vedas because his mission was to stop animal sacrifices
- Practically there are three processes for elevating one to the platform of spiritual consciousness. These processes are called karma, jnana and bhakti
- Sages said, "Self-controlled person, in householder life, should give up the three kinds of material desires, namely the desire for the acquisition of material opulences, for the enjoyment of wife and children, and for elevation to higher planets"
- So if we want to elevate the social condition, we shall teach people to become purified. Without being purified, simply so-called performance of religious system will not help
- Some scholars recommend that knowledge and renunciation are important factors for elevating oneself to devotional service. But actually that is not a fact
- Sri Rupa Gosvami advises, therefore, that devotees who have already tasted the nectar of devotion should be very careful to protect devotional service from such dry speculators, formal ritualistic elevationists and impersonal salvationists
- Such a falldown (illicit sex) by the spiritualist may be compensated by another chance for human life in good families of learned brahmanas or of rich merchants for another term of elevation
- Such devotees are not interested even in so-called liberation, and they certainly have no interest in material activities for elevation to the heavenly planets for sense gratification
- Sudama thought, "Aspiring for elevation to the heavenly planets, liberation, all kinds of material opulence, or perfection in the powers of mystic yoga, everyone throughout the universe worships the lotus feet of Lord Krsna"
- The brahmanas were very much interested in the comforts of the material body and in elevation to the higher planetary residences called svarga-vasa. They were therefore completely unable to understand the position of Krsna
- The eightfold yoga mysticism is automatically practiced in Krsna consciousness because the ultimate purpose is served. There is a gradual process of elevation in the practice of yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samadhi
- The first and foremost concern of fruitive workers, elevationists, empiric philosophers and salvationists is to raise their material position. But devotees of Godhead have no such selfish desires
- The idea is that any man may be given the chance to become a brahmana, but if he improperly uses the position of a brahmana without actual realization, then his elevation to the brahminical position is not valid
- The kings said, "We now understand that such elevation (by performing great sacrifices) to a higher material standard may sound very relishable, but actually there cannot be any happiness within this material world"
- The material advancement of the Western countries and the spiritual assets of India should combine for the elevation of all human society
- The next stage in the process of elevation to love of God is sadhu-sańga, association with persons already in the highest stage of love of God
- The offering of benedictions in the form of material profit is never auspicious for the devotee. The statements of the Vedas which offer elevation to heavenly planets in exchange for great sacrifices are simply bewildering
- The position of an acarya is that he executes devotional service with no desire for elevation to a higher position of life
- The real elevation of human life rests on knowledge and renunciation. As stated in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, devotional service rendered to Krsna automatically produces perfect knowledge and renunciation
- The real perfection of yoga is elevation of the soul to a higher position or the liberation of the soul from material entanglement
- The spiritual master who initiates according to the regulations of the sastras is called the diksa-guru, and the spiritual master who gives instructions for elevation is called the siksa-guru
- The surabhi cow said, "Therefore, You (Krsna) are our Indra, You are the supreme father of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are the protector and elevator of all the cows, brahmanas, demigods and others who are pure devotees of Your Lordship"
- The Vedic promises of elevation to higher planets for a better standard of materialistic life are compared to flowery language because in a flower there is certainly an aroma but that aroma does not last for a very long time
- There are certain sacrifices to perform to attain a good son or to attain elevation to the higher planets, but sacrifices prompted by desires should be stopped
- There are four principles of elevation from conditioned life to the life of liberation, which are technically known as dharma, artha, kama and moksa (religion, economic development, sense gratification and liberation)
- There is a higher principle. In the Bhagavad-gita also the Lord says that one has to give up all other principles of elevation and take simply to the method of Krsna consciousness. That will help him in achieving the highest perfection of life
- There is no happiness in the material sphere - even in Brahmaloka - so plans and activities for elevation to higher planets within the material universe are carried out by those who are less intelligent
- This human form of life is meant for realization of the Supreme Brahman, the Absolute Truth, or, in other words, human life is meant for one's elevation to the post of a brahmana
- This is the duty of a sannyasi, to travel amongst all of our centres for elevating the standard of devotional service
- Unless one is advanced to this pure state of devotional service, there is a tendency to desire elevation to a higher material position
- Unless one is advanced to this pure state of devotional service, there is a tendency to desire elevation to a higher material position. A mixed devotee may desire to enjoy a comfortable life on another planet with a greater span of life
- Unless the senses are controlled, there is no chance of elevation to the platform of knowledge, and without knowledge and devotion there is no chance of liberation
- We have to elevate the human civilization from a platform which is on equal level with hog civilization. We should very carefully study and try to know whether the advancement of civilization which we have accepted is genuine
- We have to learn this art of elevation. Tapasya. That is called austerity, regulative principle; brahmacaryena, by celibacy, or by restricted sex life; samena, by controlling the mind; damena, by controlling the senses; tyagena, by giving charity
- Why in human society there is religion? The purpose is to elevate himself to the transcendental position. That is religion. Where there is no such aim to raise one from the fallen condition to the liberated state, that is not religion. That is sentiment
- Without understanding the transcendental pleasure of the Gita, the impersonalist wants to interpret it in his own way. If an impersonalist can come in contact with a pure devotee, his transcendental position can be changed for greater elevation