Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
draw | draws | drawn | drawing
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Draw"
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total.
- A person who can draw out the spiritual portion from this material world and who can live alone, depending only on the Supreme Spirit, not on the material world, is called a paramahamsa
- Actually the President means the servant of the voters, and as soon as the voters do not like him... Just like Nixon is drawn back
- After reaching Vrndavana, where everyone lives eternally, very peacefully and happily, they encircled Vrndavana, drew all the carts together in a half circle, and in this way constructed a temporary residence
- All nicely dressed and ornamented, their (King's) earrings glittering, they were then seated on chariots bedecked with gold and jewels and drawn by decorated horses
- Another example (to show that the practice of mystic yoga is not sufficiently strong to control the senses) is Prince Agnidhra, whose attention was drawn to the movements of Purvacitti, the Apsara, simply because he heard the tinkling of her ankle bells
- Arjuna said: O infallible one (Krsna), please draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those present here, who desire to fight, and with whom I must contend in this great trial of arms
- As long as a person is illusioned by material gains, he petitions the respective demigods to draw some particular benefit which is, after all, illusory and nonpermanent
- As soon as soft-hearted people such as women hear those transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna, they immediately become attracted to Him. Soft-hearted women and girls are therefore very easily drawn to the Krsna consciousness movement
- As the rivers draw water from the sea through the clouds and again go down to the sea, similarly our energy is borrowed from the supreme source, the Lord's energy, and it must return to the Lord
- Because we do not understand what is dhira, we think that "This man is sitting idly and drawing four thousand rupees." Because we know, "Unless one is active like dog, running there, running there, he is not a busy man"
- Beggars always present themselves as possessing nothing, and this may be very good for them because in this way they are assured of not losing their money and of always drawing the attention and compassion of others for the sake of collection
- Dancing girl, when she was on the stage, she saw that her relatives are there as visitors. So she began to draw the veil. So this is not required. You are a dancing girl. Now you have to dance. You cannot be shy. You must freely dance. That is your duty
- Distribution of books means propagation of our mission. If we can distribute KRSNA book in thousands upon thousands, automatically the Krsna Consciousness Movement will be spread up. You have rightly drawn the attention of the GBC on this point
- He (a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy) desired to enjoy the company of a prostitute, and therefore his wife went to her and became her maidservant, just to draw her attention for his service
- Human civilization should be so arranged that never mind, it is so mixed up, you have to gradually draw him again to the sattva-guna. That is human civilization. Not that drag him again to the tamo-guna
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated August 21, 1975 with enclosed copies of the master plan and cost estimate of the Hyderabad land. Who has drawn this big scheme
- I am pleased that the press arrangement is proceeding nicely, and you will be pleased to know that my Guru Maharaja drew a picture in which He gave great importance to the symbolic representation of the press next to the mrdanga
- I am so glad that somebody has donated sufficient funds to construct the throne. Your design appears to be very nice, nicer than the design which I gave you drawn by Gaurasundara
- I have also received from Madhudvisa Swami one copy of the Constitution that you have drawn up there
- I have seen the copy of the newsletter drawn up to send to influential people, etc. there in Canada and it is very nice. So you can send such newsletters to all our life members in India also
- If you (Usa) can identify him from your dream, I (Citralekha) shall bring you peace of mind. Now, let me draw some pictures for you to inspect, and as soon as you find the picture of your desired husband, let me know
- If you can draw such searching students to this real platform, spiritual platform of Krishna Consciousness, it will be a great service to the western students, as well as to Lord Krishna
- In dreams Kamsa saw various kinds of ghosts being carried in a carriage drawn by donkeys
- In great stupidity, Rukmi stood before Krsna, telling Him repeatedly, "Stop for a minute and fight with me!" After saying this he drew his bow and directly shot three forceful arrows against Krsna's body. Then he condemned Krsna
- In Los Angeles it is very freely going on. In the name of Vaisnavism they are drawing salary, living comfortably, having sense enjoyment. This is not good, not at all. So you all high officers, you think over it and do the needful
- In order to draw the attention of the Lord, the Krsna conscious devotee has to serve Him in great love and devotion. Krsna cannot be pleased by any action other than transcendental loving service unto Him
- ISKCON is a non-lucrative organization, whose purpose is to promote the well-being of human society by drawing its attention to God. We are a non-sectarian society, and our members include people from Christian, Jewish and Moslem as well as Hindu faiths
- It is for this reason that in our Vedic culture the people used to keep a number of cows without any expenditure, and the milk drawn out of them was utilized for so many purposes, very, very useful in life
- It is said that the swan can draw milk from a mixture of milk and water; it can take only the milk portion and reject the watery portion
- King Uttanapada, being very eager to see the face of his lost son (Dhruva), mounted a chariot drawn by excellent horses and bedecked with golden filigree
- Krsna willingly stopped manifesting any further potency. The conditioned soul not only becomes bewildered but is completely unable to understand. The curtain of yogamaya was drawn so that Brahma would not become more and more perplexed
- Laksmana said, "All of them (princes) were very agitated because of their lusty desires, but without caring for them, my husband, in His form as the four-handed Narayana, immediately took me on His chariot, which was drawn by four excellent horses"
- Laksmana said, "Some with great difficulty drew the string from one end to the other, but being unable to tie the other end, they were suddenly knocked down by the springlike bow"
- Maharaja Bharatasingh gave one check and it was returned with remark "refer to Drawer." This is the first time that we've got such experience. I am therefore handing over the check which is enclosed
- Matali, Indra's chariot driver, brought Indra's chariot, which was drawn by one thousand horses. Indra then left his elephant and got onto the chariot
- Milking the cow means drawing the principles of religion in a liquid form
- Mucukunda continued, "Due to the action of cruel time, the royal body which was always decorated with golden ornaments during life & which moved on a chariot drawn by beautiful horses or on the back of an elephant nicely decorated with golden ornaments"
- My idea is I want to draw the attention of the authorities
- O Lord of Madhu, as the Ganges forever flows to the sea without hindrance, let my attraction be constantly drawn unto You without being diverted to anyone else
- One should decorate his body with gopicandana, wear neck beads, collect tulasi leaves from the tulasi tree, cleanse his cloth and the altar, cleanse his own house or apartment and go to the temple and ring the bell just to draw the attention of Lord Krsna
- One thing, I am drawing the attention of all the GBC that London affairs are not going very nicely. Of course it is improved since Mukunda has taken charge. The GBC should keep watch over London affairs. It is one of the most important centers of ISKCON
- One who is not able even to practice the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga, under the guidance of a spiritual master, can still be drawn to this perfectional stage by working for the Supreme Lord
- One who is thus drawn to the Krsna consciousness movement and tries to keep himself in constant touch with such consciousness certainly gets the supreme salvation, going back to Krsna in Goloka Vrndavana
- Out of great sadness, the gopis began to breathe very heavily. Instead of looking at Krsna face to face, they bowed their heads and looked at the ground, and they began to draw various types of curved lines on the ground with their toes
- People sometimes have eighty to ninety percent of their income taken away, and these taxes are lavishly spent for the high salaries drawn by the officers and rulers
- Presently I am in Calcutta where we just held a very successful "Hare Krishna Festival" and we were drawing 35,000 people daily for hearing discourses on Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita, for seeing Aratik and taking prasadam also
- Read the Krishna tape transcriptions and draw pictures as many as possible. Each picture should be very much attractive, colorful and nice so that people will appreciate these paintings also
- Regarding the drawing for the TLC, you can do it in the same lines as it was done previously. Your drawing for the room of Sanatana Goswami is approved by me. Also approved by me is the sketch by Pariksit Das
- Sanjaya said: O descendant of Bharata, having thus been addressed by Arjuna, Lord Krsna drew up the fine chariot in the midst of the armies of both parties
- Smrti refers to the conclusions drawn from the Vedic evidence. Sometimes Mayavadi philosophers do not accept the authority of the Bhagavad-gita and the Puranas, and this is called ardha-kukkuti-nyaya, “the logic of half a hen”
- So far as the new book, "Krishna'', I have already sent suggestions to Jadurani, and as soon as the pictures are drawn, I will send to you the tapes. In this way the Krishna book will be completed
- Such foolish people draw up various plans to render national demarcations perfectly, a task that is totally impossible. Yet for this purpose each and every nation has become a source of anxiety for others
- Sukadeva Gosvami also, in order to draw attention to the fact that among all visnu-tattva forms Lord Krsna is one hundred percent the Supreme Personality of Godhead, narrated the story of an incident which took place when Lord Krsna was present
- The brahmana desired to enjoy the company of a prostitute, and therefore his wife went to her and became her maidservant, just to draw her attention for his service
- The cow stands with tears in her eyes, the sudra milkman draws milk from the cow artificially, and when there is no milk the cow is sent to be slaughtered. These greatly sinful acts are responsible for all the troubles in present society
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka and Apsaroloka made Visvavasu into a calf, and they drew the milk into a lotus flower pot. The milk took the shape of sweet musical art and beauty
- The Lord, by His causeless mercy, descended as his (King Vena's) son, by the name of Prthu, delivered the condemned King Vena from hell, and exploited the earth by drawing all kinds of crops as produce
- The point is that these drawings should be realistic. Not that you make Krishna a cartoon character and therefore laughing stock. And hippy ideas shouldn't be used either
- The practice of mystic yoga is not sufficiently strong to control the senses. Another example is Prince Agnidhra, whose attention was drawn to the movements of Purvacitti, the Apsara, simply because he heard the tinkling of her ankle bells
- The sketch of the land is not containing any dimensions. A more detailed map should be sent to me with the length and breadth measured in yards and clearly indicated on your sketch. How can a plan be drawn up without this information?
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were beautifully dressed, and They were attractive to all the people assembled there. They were dressed as if They were going to act on a dramatic stage, and They drew the attention of all people
- They began to draw lines on the ground with their toes, and with their tears they washed the black ointment from their eyes onto their breasts, which were covered with red kunkuma powder. This is an instance of anxiety in ecstatic love
- This ISKCON Press insignia is very appropriately drawn. It bears the real meaning of mrdanga or press and mrdanga are two parallel lines
- To face difficulty in the course of preaching work is a kind of austerity. These difficulties do not go in vain. The more we face difficulties, the more we draw the attention of Krsna
- Today it has become a much advertised fashion for a woman to go almost naked, covering the lower part of her body only slightly, in order to draw the attention of a man to her private parts for sexual enjoyment
- Try to concentrate on these farm projects. Let the villagers come and hear, and distribute prasadam. In this way draw their sympathy and gradually they'll become our associates. Then they can come to live with us and work with us
- Vaisnava is the ocean of mercy. There is no end. As you cannot, I mean to say, draw all the waters from the ocean, it is not possible. Similarly, a Vaisnava, a devotee, ocean of mercy. You can draw from it as much mercy as you like; still, it is full
- Vanaprastha means the husband and wife, they give up the affection. Not give up, go away from home, and they travel in the holy places just to purify, and again, when the affection draws, they come to the family. Again remain for one or two months
- We have got the plans drawn by Saurabha and that architect, Mr. Suri, still, if we have not got sufficient funds and if there is long delay to get them, better to go ahead and build something little cheaper and very simple
- When Krsna approached the covering layer of this universe, the four horses which were drawing His chariot - Saibya, Sugriva, Meghapuspa and Balahaka - all hesitated to enter the darkness
- When the ratha was again being drawn and the chanting resumed, two devotees from Kulina-grama - Ramananda Vasu and Satyaraja Khan - were requested to bring silk ropes every year for the Ratha-yatra ceremony
- While fighting was going on between Arjuna and Bhisma, Bhisma's attraction was drawn by the glittering dress of Krsna, and indirectly he admired his so-called enemy Arjuna for possessing the Lord as his friend
- Yes, parts of my letters may be reprinted as a second article by me; no drawings should appear in the magazine
- Your drawing for the room of Sanatana Goswami is approved by me. Also approved by me is the sketch by Pariksit Das. Now you can go on making the pictures more and more beautiful and by so doing go back home, back to Godhead
- Yudhisthira continued, "We know very well that the great mystics who always engage in meditation to capture You (Krsna) do not find it easy to obtain such grace, nor can they draw any personal attention from You"