Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
crowd | crowded | crowding | crowds
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Crowds (3 P)
Pages in category "Crowd"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- After hearing about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's fainting and His being carried to the house of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, people crowded there to see the Lord
- After stringing the bow in the presence of the crowd, He drew it and broke it at the middle into two parts, exactly as an elephant breaks sugarcane in the field. Everyone present appreciated Krsna's power
- Although I am overcrowded by so many letters from my beloved spiritual sons and daughters, still if I don't receive a letter from one, I become anxious for it
- Although the King is respectful toward You, he still belongs to the yavana class and should not be believed. We think that there is no need for such a great crowd to accompany You on Your pilgrimage to Vrndavana
- As the Lord's (Varaha's) mace fell to the ground and a cry of alarm arose from the witnessing crowd of gods and rsis, the Personality of Godhead acknowledged the demon's love of righteousness and therefore invoked His Sudarsana discus
- I was prepared to chant even if there were no men present to hear me. The principle of chanting is to glorify the Lord and not to attract a crowd. If Krishna hears nicely then he will ask some sincere devotee to gather in such place
- In this way, all the people of the town of Nadia - including all women, boys and old men - came there. Thus the crowd increased
- India you will find in the bazaars. There is crowd, and the cows enter there, and they eat the vegetables to their heart's content. But he is not punishable. Still the cow is not punishable
- No one could ascertain the cause (of the cart collapsing), but some small children who were entrusted to play with baby Krsna informed the crowd that it was due to Krsna's striking His feet against the wheel
- Now I have got the facility of the talking in microphone, and... So why should I not take it? It will be recorded. It will be heard by so many others. I am speaking to four, five men. It can be heard by a big crowd of four hundred men
- Seeing that it was already getting late, Lord Nityananda Prabhu, the spiritual master, invented a means to disperse the crowd
- She thought of Him in the calm and quiet atmosphere of Vrndavana, dressed as a cowherd boy. But at Kuruksetra He was in a royal dress and was accompanied by elephants, horses and crowds of men. Thus the atmosphere was not congenial for Their meeting
- Sometimes the food (from Govardhana-puja) is thrown to the crowds, and they enjoy collecting it off the ground. From this we can understand that prasadam offered to Krsna never becomes polluted or contaminated, even if it is thrown on the ground
- The ladies got up on the roofs just to have a look at the procession and the Lord. The ladies did not mix with the crowd on the street, and thus their respectability was perfectly observed. There was no artificial equality with the man
- The Lord thought, "If I go to Mathura with such crowds behind Me, it would not be a very happy situation, for the atmosphere would be disturbed"
- The principle of chanting is to glorify the Lord, not to attract a crowd
- The procession of elephants, horses, chariots and infantry was very crowded; some of the girls, being unable to see properly in the crowd, got up on the roofs of the houses
- The roads and streets of the city of Dvaraka were always crowded with elephants, horses, chariots and infantry soldiers
- There was a large crowd of people, some coming and some going. Indeed, some people in that great crowd could not even see Nakula Brahmacari
- They assured the crowd that they had seen how it happened with their own eyes, and they strongly asserted the point. Some were listening to the statement of the small children, but others said, “How can you believe the statements of these children?”
- They go to worship Lenin's tomb every day. Many other fools also go there, tourists, that Red Square. They tried in India for Jawaharlal Nehru's tomb, for Gandhi's tomb. So in the beginning there was little crowd. Now nobody goes
- This system (of hearing and chanting) is recommended in Srimad-Bhagavatam, & the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana followed it, but at the present moment many karmis and pseudo devotees have overcrowded the holy place of Vrndavana just to imitate this process
- This unique procession has convinced them that our men are very nice and they can organize a great crowd without any violence. That is a fact: if people actually want peace and tranquillity, they must support this movement wholeheartedly
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly arrived at his house, great crowds of people gathered
- When Madhavendra Puri came to Jagannatha Puri, people were aware of his transcendental reputation. Therefore crowds of people came and offered him all sorts of respect in devotion
- When Sisupala was thus killed, a great roar and howl went up from the crowd. Taking advantage of that disturbance, the few kings who were supporters of Sisupala quickly left the assembly out of fear for their lives
- Wherever the Lord visited, crowds of innumerable people came to see Him. When they saw Him, all their unhappiness and lamentation disappeared
- Within the waters of the Mandakini Ganges, which were crowded with gardens of lotus flowers, the two sons of Kuvera would enjoy young girls, just like two male elephants enjoying in the water with female elephants