Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
contrast | contrasted | contrasting | contrasts
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Against (4 C, 308 P)
Pages in category "Contrast"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- I have received the new BTG magazine. It is very nice issue. Having the Indian Rathayatra on the cover and the American one on the inside makes a good contrast
- In complete contrast to this sacrifice in the mode of ignorance, the arcana-vidhi process for worshiping Lord Visnu or Krsna is very simple
- In complete contrast with the influence of this atmosphere on the minds of the living entities within the material world is the description of the spiritual world. The women there are hundreds and thousands of times more beautiful than the women here
- In contrast to Sutapa and Prsnigarbha, they (Drona and Dhara) did not undergo severe penances and austerities to become the father and mother of Krsna. This is the difference between nitya-siddha and sadhana-siddha
- In contrast to the principles of the kings of old, the modern state is concerned only with propaganda for levying taxes and is no longer responsible for the spiritual welfare of the citizens
- In contrast with the modern, advanced, civilized form of government, an autocracy like Maharaja Yudhisthira's is by far superior to a so-called democracy in which animals are killed
- In contrast with the ordinary living entity, those who are transcendentalists are really learned. Such transcendentalists do not perform any work in the manner of the common mundaner
- The karma-yogi never views any activity as an object of enjoyment or renunciation on his own account. In contrast, the sannyasi or renouncer relieves himself of all worldly responsibilities in order to free himself for acquiring knowledge
- This material world is the world of duality, in contrast with the oneness of the absolute realm. The world of duality is composed of matter and spirit, whereas the absolute world is complete spirit without any tinge of the material qualities
- This quotation is very important: "One professor went on to explain that the other books were mostly dealing with speculations in contrast to our books which presented religion as a way of life based on authentic writings"