Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
confess | confessed | confesses | confession | confessing | confessions
Pages in category "Confess"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- A person may be relieved from sins once, but it is a practice among Christians to confess sins and yet commit them again. By getting freed from sins and again engaging in them, one cannot attain freedom from the pangs of material existence
- Another devotee expressed his impudency by saying: "My dear Lord, without considering my lowly position, I must confess to You that my eyes are just like black wasps, desiring to hover at Your lotus feet
- As far as the conditioned soul is concerned, there is no wonder that he has some sinful activities in his past life, and this should be admitted and confessed before the Lord
- I shall commit sinful activities, go to the church and confess. Then everything is nullified. Again begin, new chapter, sinful activities
- If one remains always a victim to the sinful reaction and if he is habituated to do that, so artificially this kind of confession in the church or giving some bribe to the bhattacarya, what is the meaning of this? It is practical question
- If you want to be free from the reaction of the sinful activities in this life - exactly in the same way as Christian Bible advises that you have to make some atonement, go to the church and confess your sinful activities and pay some fine
- If you, by chance, by mistake, you violate the regulative principle, that is excused, but if willingly, if you go on committing sinful life - so just like in the Churches they go to confess and again begin - that kind of business will not help you
- In every scripture... Just like in Christian, their prayascitta is to confess, similarly, there are different types of prayascitta
- In India even today the Hindu community often takes advice from expert scholars regarding how to counteract sinful activities. In Christianity also there is a process of confession and atonement
- In some religious sects a sinful man goes to a priest to confess his sinful acts and pay a fine, but then he again commits the same sins and returns to confess them again. This is the practice of a professional sinner
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "I am so greatly sinful and offensive that when I come to confess my sinful activities before You, I am ashamed"
- Similarly, certain Christians go to church to confess their sins, thinking that confessing their sins before a priest and performing some penance will relieve them from the results of their weekly sins
- Simply official prayascitta will not help a man ceasing from sinful activities. Official. In Christian religion also, they accept, confess their sinful activities, and again they commit the same sinful activities
- Sometimes in Christian Church there is confession, and again they go and commit the same sin, and next time, again confession. Not like that. That is not good
- Such a mentality is only for shameless persons. Here it is clearly said, "When I come to confess my sinful activities I become ashamed"
- The Christian process, that going to church, confession, that is very nice. You confess. And God or God's representative is quite able to excuse you and to make you free from all sinful reaction. But why should you commit again?
- The prostitute, now purified, fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura and confessed that Ramacandra Khan had appointed her to pollute him