Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
companion | companions | companionship
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Companion"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- After appearing from the fire of sacrifice, he (the demon) stood wielding the trident in his hand. Instigated by Sudaksina, the demon proceeded toward the capital city, Dvaraka, with many hundreds of ghostly companions
- After welcoming the Lord and His companions, according to his (Srutadeva) ability he brought fruits, incense, scented water, scented clay, tulasi leaves, kusa straw and lotus flowers
- Akrura further advised Dhrtarastra, "In this material world, no one can remain an eternal companion to another"
- Although the Lord is one in His various forms (advaitam acyutam anadim), still His form as the young enjoyer of the gopis and companion of the cowherd boys (kisora-murti) is the most perfect form
- Anyone who is a constant companion of the Lord is certainly a liberated person, but he cannot be equal to the Lord
- Bali Maharaja was very glad to receive the Lord's remaining step upon his head, and thus Bali Maharaja, instead of losing everything he possessed, was blessed by the Lord's becoming his constant companion and doorman
- Buddhimanta Khan was the Lord's constant companion in the kirtana movement
- By association with undesirable companions we have learned so many bad habits and similarly by association with pure persons or devotees we can become purified of our acquired bad habits
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Madhavendra Puri used to remain alone. He was completely renounced and always very silent. He was uninterested in everything material, & for fear of talking about mundane things, he always lived without a companion"
- Celestial beauties, the companions of Cupid, went to try to break His vows, but they were unsuccessful, for they saw that many beauties like them were emanating from Him, the Personality of Godhead
- He (Dvivida) was so puffed up that he thought Balarama could not do anything to chastise him, and he continued to offend Balaramaji and His companions
- He would have to be employed, however, to kill someone other than a qualified brahmana. If all these conditions were met, then Daksinagni, accompanied by Lord Siva’s ghostly companions, would fulfill the desire of Sudaksina to kill his enemy
- I am sorry to learn that you are not well. Pray to Krishna and chant Hare Krishna. The body is a temple of disease, janma mrtyu jara vyadhi (BG 13.9). Disease is our inevitable companion
- I hope your wife may be taking interest in your chanting Sankirtana and reading Srimad-Bhagavatam. As she has become your life's companion, it is your duty to induce her, peacefully, in the matter of spiritual advancement of life
- If you decide to marry, there are many devotee girls, and one of them may be a very nice companion for your devotional life. You prefer to be free, but a devoted wife is as good as freedom
- In Padyavali Radharani told Her companion, "My dear friend, I was just going to the bank of the Yamuna, and all of a sudden a very nice boy whose complexion is like a dark blue cloud became visible in front of My eyes"
- It appeared that Damaghosa, along with his son and other companions, was going to Kundina not exactly to get Sisupala married but mainly to fight
- King Jadu was a very powerful King and Jadurani was his constant companion. Krishna selected to appear Himself on this earth planet, selecting the Jadu Dynasty as His Predecessors. So your help to your God-brothers just apt your nice name
- Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- Krsna continued, "That was not very rightly done. Therefore, since it is better late than never, I advise you that you (Rukmini) may now select one of the great ksatriya princes and accept him as your life's companion, and you may reject Me"
- Parvata Muni: is considered to be one of the oldest sages. He is almost always a constant companion of Narada Muni. They are also spacemen competent to travel in the air without the help of any material vehicle
- Previously, when Srimati Radharani felt the pangs of separation from Krsna, Her constant companion Lalita kept Her alive by helping Her in many ways
- Rukmini continued, "A foolish woman accepts such a dead body as her husband and, in sheer misunderstanding, loves him as her dear companion. This is possible only because such a woman has never relished the ever-blissful fragrance of Your lotus feet"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You have advised me that I can still select another from the princely order & divorce myself from Your companionship. But, my dear Lord, it is perfectly well known to me that You are the reservoir of all good qualities"
- Seeing that the earth on the ends of His (Varahadeva's) tusks was frightened, He rose out of the water just as an elephant emerges with its female companion when assailed by an alligator
- Service is a thing which is the constant companion of the living being, and therefore it may be safely concluded that rendering of service by a living being is the eternal religion
- The argument of the atheist that one cannot be punished for one's misdeeds unless proved before a qualified justice is refuted herein, for we accept the perpetual witness and constant companion of the living being
- The body is a temple of disease, janma mrtyu jara vyadhi. Disease is our inevitable companion
- The bumblebees were humming about in order to get honey from the flowers. Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- The companion spoken of as Avadhuta is the sense of smell. The door called Mukhya is the mouth, and Vipana is the faculty of speech. Rasajna is the sense of taste
- The main purpose of sannyasa life is to be in constant companionship with the Supreme Lord
- The main purpose of sannyasa life is to be in constant companionship with the Supreme Lord, either by thinking of Him within the heart or hearing of Him through aural reception. In this age, hearing is more important than thinking
- The nature of a woman, as personally described by Urvasi, is to establish false friendship with someone and then seek new male companions, one after another, even if this means giving up the company of a sincere well-wisher
- Their companions are Her confidantes, who embody extensions of Her bodily form and who are imbued and permeated with ever-blissful spiritual rasa
- There are five kinds of liberation, namely to become one with the Lord, to live with the Supreme Lord on the same planet, to have the same features as the Lord, to enjoy the same opulences as the Lord, and to live as a companion of the Lord
- This knowledge is delivered to Narada by Lord Brahma, and the great saint Narada, along with his companion, Tumburu, distributes it all over the universe
- Today I have disclosed my mind to my companion Lord Sri Krishna. There is a Bengali poem made by me today in this connection
- We must discover the essential part of the living being, that part which is his constant companion. That constant companion is his eternal quality, and that eternal quality is his eternal religion
- When Gandhari came to know that her would-be husband was a blind man, to follow her life companion she decided to become voluntarily blind. So she wrapped up her eyes with many silk linens
- When King Indra ordered the Samvartaka and companion clouds to go to Vrndavana, the clouds were afraid of doing this mischief
- When Lalita, Her constant companion, whispered into Her ear the holy name of Krsna, Radharani immediately opened Her eyes wide. This is an instance of alertness caused by hearing the sound of Krsna's name
- When Nanda Maharaja was taken away by one of Varuna's servants, Nanda's companions began to call loudly for Krsna and Balarama. Immediately Krsna and Balarama could understand that Nanda Maharaja had been taken by a servant of Varuna
- With no companion, I loitered here and there until 1958, when I took sannyasa. Then I was completely ready to discharge the order of my spiritual master