Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cart | carts | cart's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Cart"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- After reaching Vrndavana, where everyone lives eternally, very peacefully and happily, they encircled Vrndavana, drew all the carts together in a half circle, and in this way constructed a temporary residence
- All the children, women and old men of the village were arranged on seats, and the cowherd men equipped themselves with bows and arrows to follow the carts
- All the cows and bulls were placed in the front along with their calves, and the men, with their bows and arrows, surrounded the herds and carts and began to blow on their horns and bugles. In this way, with tumultuous sound, they started for Vrndavana
- All the men loaded their valuables on carts and slowly left with their cows and other paraphernalia. After they had cleared out everything, Lord Krsna very slowly replaced Govardhana Hill in exactly the same position it had been before
- As sunset approached, Krsna, Balarama and Their cowherd boyfriends went to the outskirts of the city, where all their carts were assembled
- Baby Krsna had been placed underneath a hand-driven cart, and while He was kicking His legs, He accidentally touched the wheel of the cart, and it collapsed
- By the arrangement of yogamaya, all the gopis and gopas thought that the accident (of the cart) had taken place because of some bad planet or some ghost, but in fact everything was done by Krsna and enjoyed by Him
- For so long I have wanted to have Rathayatra in New York and now at long last you have helped me fulfill this long-cherished dream. The Ratha-carts were very strong and attractive and I thank you and all of your assistants
- Formerly people were going in bullock cart or horse carriage from one village to another. "That was primitive. Now we can go hundred miles away from home for earning money and taking risk to die at any moment. That is progress"
- I am very sorry to learn that our press is lying idle, and your remark in this connection that we have purchased the cart before the horse is appropriate
- I saw one husband and wife pulling on a thela, hand-cart, with great load, and the small child is on the load. That means their child. They are laborer class. But ordinary laborer class, poor man, but they are living husband and wife and children happily
- If a child sucks the mother’s breast nicely, it is to be understood that he is out of all danger. After this, all the stronger cowherd men put the broken cart in order, and all the scattered things were set up nicely as before
- In some temples it is the custom to hold a big procession in the evening with a band playing and a nice big umbrella over the Deities, who sit on decorated thrones on the cart or palanquin which is carried by devotees
- In the authoritative transcendental literature which we have published as The Nectar of Devotion, it is stated that one can be liberated from all material suffering simply by seeing the Ratha Yatra cart passing
- In the Bhavisya Purana it is said, "In such a ceremony, if even a candala (dog-eater), simply out of curiosity, sees the Lord on the cart, he becomes counted as one of the associates of Visnu"
- In this place Lord Krsna broke the cart in which the Sakatasura demon was concealed
- King Nanda, accompanied by his cowherd men, had loaded all their necessary paraphernalia on bullock carts, and all of the Vrndavana residents had come to Kuruksetra to see their beloved sons Lord Balarama and Lord Krsna
- Krsna fought with the soldiers of Kalayavana and killed them one after another. After this, He collected all the booty from the dead bodies, and under His direction it was loaded on bullock carts and brought back to Dvaraka
- Nanda Maharaja and the cowherd men got up on bullock carts after loading them with big earthen pots filled with yogurt, milk, ghee and other milk products, and then they began to follow the chariot of Krsna and Balarama
- Naturally the sankirtana men traveling with the bullock carts are blissful. It is Lord Caitanya's engagement. Lord Caitanya personally traveled all over India for 6 years
- No one could ascertain the cause (of the cart collapsing), but some small children who were entrusted to play with baby Krsna informed the crowd that it was due to Krsna's striking His feet against the wheel
- On hearing the statement of Upananda, all the cowherd men immediately agreed. "Let us immediately go there." Everyone then loaded all their household furniture and utensils onto the carts and prepared to go to Vrndavana
- One cowherd boy said, "From the kicking of His (Krsna's) small feet the cart immediately broke apart and fell to pieces"
- One cowherd boy said, "When He (Krsna) was only three months old, He was sleeping underneath a hand-driven cart. Being hungry for His mother’s breast, He began to cry and throw His legs upwards"
- One gopi imitated a hand-driven cart, and another gopi lay down beneath the cart and threw up her legs, touching the wheels of the cart, as Krsna did to kill the demon Sakatasura. One gopi imitated child Krsna and lay down on the ground
- Take more land and engage them in agriculture, plowing by the bulls instead of tractor. Bulls can be engaged in plowing and transporting. Nice bullock carts village to village for preaching
- The cart in Philadelphia was done very nicely. If you are unable to make three strong carts, then make at least one very nicely. But, if you can make three very strong, then I have no objection
- The gopis dressed themselves very luxuriantly and sat in bull-driven carts, chanting the glories of Krsna's pastimes. The brahmanas, assembled there to act as priests for Govardhana-puja, offered their blessings to the cowherd men and their wives
- The main instructions are to go on, to push on and preach and distribute books. If possible you can also hold a festival which is also part of preaching. I will be looking forward to seeing you and your bullock cart party in Mayapur
- The proposal that you shall have a cart moving in the Japanese Fair with Deities, kirtana and selling books is very, very nice proposal. If you can get sanction for it, it will be a very nice thing
- The Vaisnava-tosani remarks that although the handcart was higher than the child (Krsna), the child could easily touch the wheel of the cart, and this was sufficient to send the demon down to the earth
- They (the cowherd women) entered Vrndavana, where it is always pleasing to live in all seasons. They made a temporary place to inhabit by placing their bullock carts around them in the shape of a half moon
- Yasoda & Rohini were seated on a separate cart, and Krsna and Balarama were seated on their laps. While Rohini & Yasoda were riding on the cart, they talked to Krsna and Balarama, and feeling the pleasure of such talks, they looked very, very beautiful
- Your idea for the bullock cart sankirtana is very good. So now do it
- Your plan to have the Rathayatra on July 18th, down 5th Avenue, is approved by me and I shall try to be there definitely. However make the carts very strong