Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
boar | boarlike | boars | boar's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Varaha (3 C, 68 P)
Pages in category "Boar"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- After entering the forest, Arjuna killed many tigers, boars, bison, gavayas (a kind of wild animal), rhinoceroses, deer, hares, porcupines and similar other animals, which he pierced with his arrows
- After thus killing the most formidable demon Hiranyaksa, the Supreme Lord Hari, the origin of the boar species, returned to His own abode, where there is always an uninterrupted festival. The Lord was praised by all the demigods, headed by Brahma
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who appeared as the gigantic tortoise that held up the great mountain Mandara & who appeared as the boar that rescued the earth planet, which had fallen into the water of the Garbhodaka"
- Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore by material calculation may be the lowest among men, he is still glorious. This is the wonderful effect of chanting the holy name of the Lord
- At Vrddhakola, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Sveta-varaha, the white boar incarnation. After offering Him respects, the Lord visited the temple of Lord Siva, wherein the deity is dressed with yellow garments
- He killed them just as the leader of a pack of boars kills barking dogs, one after another. In this way, Aniruddha was able to escape the palace
- Here the Lord is significantly described as yajnavayava. One should not consider the Lord to have the body of an ordinary boar. He can assume any form, and He possesses all such forms eternally
- Hiranyakasipu was very much afraid of Visnu's becoming an animal to kill him because his brother had been killed by Visnu when the Lord took the shape of a boar. He was therefore very careful to guard against all kinds of animals
- Krsna has many incarnations, such as Lord Nrsimha, Lord Boar, Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise, but there is no difference between Krsna's original two-handed form, like that of a human being, and these incarnations of gigantic animal forms
- Krsna is dictating, and the living entity is following His dictations. Krsna is within the heart of the tiger, elephant and boar
- Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, I have explained to you the Personality of Godhead's coming down as the first boar incarnation and killing in a great fight a demon of unprecedented prowess as if he were just a plaything
- My Lord, as the original boar within this universe, You fought and killed the great demon Hiranyaksa. Then You lifted me (the earth) from the Garbhodaka Ocean on the end of Your tusk, exactly as a sporting elephant plucks a lotus flower from the water
- The asura Hiranyaksa had dislocated the earth from its orbit and thrown it beneath the waters of the Garbhodaka Ocean. Then the Lord, in the shape of the original boar, rescued the earth
- The city of Barhismati, rich in all kinds of wealth, was so called because Lord Visnu's hair dropped there from His body when He manifested Himself as Lord Boar (Varahadeva)
- The Ganges water is pure because of its emanating from the toe of the Lord, and there is no difference between the water emanating from the toe and that from the tips of the hair on the shoulder of Lord Boar
- The gopis continued, "You are very jolly; the hairs on your body are these jubilant trees and plants. Lord Krsna must have been very much pleased with you; otherwise how could He have embraced you in the form of Varaha the boar?"
- The Lord assumed the shape of a boar to kill the demon Hiranyaksa and pick up the earth from the Garbha Ocean. Thus He became adi-sukara, the original boar
- The shores of Lake Bindu-sarovara abounded with deer, boars, porcupines, gavayas, elephants, baboons, lions, monkeys, mongooses and musk deer
- The Supreme Lord in His boar incarnation, who accepts all sacrificial offerings, lives in the northern part of Jambudvipa. There, in the tract of land known as Uttarakuru-varsa, mother earth and all the other inhabitants worship Him
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are many kinds of animals, like deer, monkeys, boars, lions, rksas, salyakas, forest cows, forest asses, tigers, small deer, buffalo and many other animals, who are fully enjoying their lives
- There are many incarnations of the Supreme Lord: Varaha murti (the boar form), Kurma murti (the tortoise form), Hayagriva murti (the form of a horse) and so on. Yet we should never think any of Them material
- This particular appearance of the boar incarnation (Lord Varaha) actually took place in the Svayambhuva devastation, when all planets other than the higher ones - Jana, Mahar and Satya - merged in the water of devastation
- Varahadeva is the enjoyer of all sacrifices, and He is the unconquerable Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is never to be misunderstood to be other than the Supreme Lord because of His assuming the form of a boar to lift the earth
- Varuna advised Hiranyaksa to meet Visnu in His boar incarnation so that his hankering for aggressive war would be satisfied and his powerful body would be vanquished
- Visnutattva: Kapila, Nara Narayana, Rama, Balarama, Krsna, the Purusas, the Boar, Yajna, Rsabha, Matsya, Kurma, Dhanvantari, Mohini and Kalki. Jivatattva (empowered): Narada, Vyasa, Buddha, Kumaras, Dattatreya, Prthu and Bhrgupati
- When the great sages and thinkers who are residents of Janaloka, Tapoloka and Satyaloka heard the tumultuous voice of Lord Boar, which was the all-auspicious sound of the all-merciful Lord, they chanted auspicious chants from the three Vedas
- When the Lord (Caitanya) passed through the jungle in great ecstasy, packs of tigers, elephants, rhinoceros and boars came, and the Lord passed right through them
- When the Lord passed through the jungle in great ecstasy, packs of tigers, elephants, rhinoceros and boars came, and the Lord passed right through them
- You (the Supreme Lord) appear sometimes as an animal like Lord Boar, sometimes a mixed incarnation like Lord Nrsimha-deva and Lord Hayagriva, and sometimes an aquatic like Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise
- Your Lordship previously accepted incarnations as a fish, a horse, a tortoise, Narasimhadeva, a boar, a swan, Lord Ramacandra, Parasurama and, among the demigods, Vamanadeva, to protect the entire world by Your mercy