Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Blueness (7 P)
Pages in category "Blue"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- After a long time, when Lord Balarama had enjoyed to His full satisfaction, He came out of the water, and immediately a goddess of fortune offered Him a nice blue garment and a valuable necklace made of gold
- After bathing in the Yamuna, Lord Balarama, dressed in blue garments and decorated with golden ornaments, looked very attractive to everyone
- All the Visnu forms were of bluish color and dressed in yellow garments; all of Them had four hands decorated with club, disc, lotus flower and conchshell. On Their heads were glittering golden helmets inlaid with jewels
- Although Brahma tried to curb his anger, he could not do so, even though he is the supreme being. Such anger in its true color came from between the eyebrows of Brahma as Rudra, in a mixed color of blue (ignorance) and red (passion)
- Although Brahma tried to curb his anger, it came out from between his eyebrows, and a child mixed blue and red was immediately generated
- Aniruddha, the fourth of the quadruple expansions, is worshiped by great sages and psychologists as the principle of the mind. His complexion is similar to the bluish hue of a blue cloud
- As if in defamation, the poison born from the ocean of milk manifested its potency by marking Lord Siva's neck with a bluish line
- He (Aniruddha) was dressed in yellow garments & had eyes just like lotus petals. His arms were very long, & he had nice, curling, bluish hair. The glaring rays of his glittering earrings & the beautiful smile on his lips were certainly captivating
- He (the lotus-eyed Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead) resembled a bluish rain cloud with flashing lightning, and in two of His four hands He held a conchshell and disc
- His face is decorated with tilaka made from kasturi (musk), and His broad chest is decorated with a garland of gunja (small conchshells). His complexion is as white as an autumn cloud, He wears garments of blue color, and His voice is very grave
- His necks were bluish, as were His tongues. Thus Arjuna saw the Sesa Naga form, and he also saw that on the very soft, white body of Sesa Naga, Lord Maha-Visnu was lying very comfortably
- I am so much thankful to you all for sending me the first blue print copy of "Isopanisad". It is so nicely done that I am fully satisfied
- I have gone through the blueprint and I am also sending the necessary Sanskrit corrections to Pradyumna. So when these corrections are made then you can print immediately
- I have just received the blueprint copy of KRSNA, the Reservoir of Pleasure and I have begun to read it through. But I notice that there are some points you should correct before the final printing
- I have looked over the blueprint and noted a few points to be corrected, so I am sending back the blueprint to you for seeing the necessary changes as they are in the text
- I have received your letter dated May 26th, 1972, along with the blue-print copies of Bhagavad-gita As It Is from MacMillan Company. It is very nice. So I shall be looking forward to seeing the entire manuscript and book sometime around first July, 1972
- I shall see later on whether or not that Krishna Balarama can be installed there. You cannot paint the Deity with paint to make bluish. Don't manufacture ideas. What is standard you must follow
- I thank you very much for the Istagosthi notes, and also your nice letter of Feb. 14, 1968. I have read them over, and the question which was asked about why people did not see Krishna as blue, question no. 5; you can't see Krishna with material eyes
- In Padyavali Radharani told Her companion, "My dear friend, I was just going to the bank of the Yamuna, and all of a sudden a very nice boy whose complexion is like a dark blue cloud became visible in front of My eyes"
- In the Brahma-samhita also, the color of Krsna's body is compared to that of a bluish cloud. The color of the Lord is not poetical imagination
- Just like a person who wants to imitate Lord Siva’s drinking of an ocean of poison. Lord Siva drank an ocean of poison and kept it within his throat. The poison made his throat turn blue, and therefore Lord Siva is called Nilakantha
- Just see how the smoke encircles the sky. It appears that the earth and mountains are throbbing. Just hear the cloudless thunder and see the bolts from the blue
- Krsna was dressed in glowing garments of yellow, Balarama in blue, and They held new twigs of mango tree, peacock feathers and bunches of flowers in Their hands
- Krsna was dressed in yellowish garments, & Balarama was dressed in bluish garments. They were given all sorts of ornaments and flower garlands
- Krsna's bodily complexion is very similar to the bluish hue of a cloud, so simply by observing a bluish cloud, Srimati Radharani remembered Him
- Lord Sesa Naga was covered with bluish garments, and His necks were all white. The white necks of Sesa Naga appeared exactly like snowcapped mountains
- Lord Siva once swallowed an ocean of poison, and thus his throat became blue
- Lord Varahadeva, playing like an elephant, suspended the earth on the edge of His curved white tusks. He assumed a bluish complexion like that of a tamala tree
- Mother Yasoda addressed Krsna thus, "My dear son, why do Your eyes look like they have been smeared with some oxides? Have You dressed Yourself with the blue garments of Baladeva?"
- Mystic yogis say, "This four-handed form of the Lord, manifested in a bluish color, is the reservoir of all pleasure and the center of our living force"
- One friend of Krsna informed Him, "My dear Mukunda, just after observing a bluish cloud in the sky, the lotus-eyed Radharani immediately began to remember You. And simply by observing this cloud She became lusty for Your association"
- One should not touch a woman during her menstrual period. 12) One should not enter the temple after touching a dead body. 13) One should not enter the temple wearing garments of red or blue color, or which are unwashed
- Radharani continued, "One's nostrils are no better than the bellows of a blacksmith if one has not smelled the fragrance of Krsna's body, which is like the aroma of musk combined with that of the bluish lotus flower"
- Red is the representation of the mode of passion, white is the representation of the mode of goodness, and blue is the representation of the mode of ignorance
- Regarding the color of Balaramaji, He is colored like milk white with little bluish tint and rosy luster. Our idea of whiteness is of the milk foam
- Similarly, in Dana-keli-kaumudi, Srimati Radharani, pointing to Krsna, says, "This clever boy of the forest has the beauty of a bluish lotus flower, and He can attract all the young girls of the universe"
- Srimati Radharani is sometimes making Her bed in the groves of the forest, sometimes rebuking a bluish cloud, and sometimes wandering about in the dense darkness of the forest. Thus She has become like a crazy woman
- The beauty of Srimati Radharani's eyes forcibly devours the beauty of newly grown blue lotus flowers, and the beauty of Her face surpasses that of an entire forest of fully blossomed lotuses
- The crystal-clear water of the lakes contained many blooming lotus flowers of different colors like blue, yellow, white and red, and the saffron powder from the lotus flowers was blown all around by the breeze
- The deep bluish cloud covers only an insignificant portion of the limitless sky, and this fractional covering is compared to the quality of ignorance, or forgetfulness of the real nature of the living being
- The devotee said, "She (Yasoda) has a complexion like the bluish lotus flower, which is enhanced in beauty by her dressing herself with many colorful garments"
- The fragrance of Krsna's body is like the aroma of musk combined with that of the bluish lotus flower
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are described as having a glowing sky-bluish complexion. Their eyes resemble lotus flowers, their dress is of yellowish color, and their bodily features very attractive
- The Lord is further described as having the mark of Srivatsa, or the sitting place of the goddess of fortune, and His bodily hue is deep bluish
- The material energy produce varieties of things, just as an artist produces varieties of pictures by mixing the three colors red, yellow and blue. Yellow represents the quality of goodness, red represents passion, and blue represents ignorance
- The most beautiful object in the material world may be compared to the blue lotus flower or the full moon in the sky, but even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna
- The most powerful Rudra, whose bodily color was blue mixed with red, created many offspring exactly resembling him in features, strength and furious nature
- The ocean of milk is white. You can make it bluish shade in order to distinguish that it is water. Visnu's color is sky blue, and Laksmi's color is just like gold, molten gold.Laksmi is not always with Visnu, there are many Visnu forms Who are alone
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has a cheerful, lotuslike countenance with ruddy eyes like the interior of a lotus and a swarthy body like the petals of a blue lotus. He bears a conch, discus and mace in three of His hands
- The two brilliant earrings on Her (Mohini-murti's) ears decorated Her shining cheeks like bluish reflections, and the hair scattered on Her face made Her even more beautiful to see
- The two doormen were garlanded with fresh flowers which attracted intoxicated bees and which were placed around their necks and between their four blue arms
- Upon hearing the chanting of Krsna's name, Lord Balarama saw that his dress had become white, although He was generally accustomed to a bluish dress
- Upon seeing this (bluish line on Siva's neck disappearing), Gauri, the wife of Lord Siva, suspected Lord Siva of being someone else disguised as her husband, and out of fear she immediately left his company
- When Akrura entered Vrndavana, he saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in supervising the milking of the cows. Krsna was dressed in yellow garments and Balarama in bluish
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, He saw there were ponds full of blue and red lotus flowers, and some of these tanks were filled with varieties of lilies. The lakes were full of nice swans and cranes, and the voices of these birds resounded everywhere
- When Srimati Radharani saw Lord Krsna just before Her, Her progress stopped and She assumed an attitude of opposition. Although Her face was slightly covered by a blue garment, Her two starry eyes were agitated, being wide and curved
- When the great sage Narada was chanting the glories of the Lord, the bluish line on the neck of Lord Siva disappeared
- When the Sankhasura demon was attacking Krsna's queens one after another, Lord Baladeva became more and more bluish
- With the appearance of autumn, the sky was completely cleared of all clouds, and it recovered its natural blue color