Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
arm | arms | arm's | armed
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Arms"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- According to Vedic civilization, there are four divisions of the society. Everywhere the same divisions are there all over the world. This is very natural. Just like we can study from our own body, there is head, there is arm, there is belly
- After following Her (Mohini-murti) with great speed, Lord Siva caught Her by the braid of Her hair and dragged Her near him. Although She was unwilling, he embraced Her with his arms
- All the preachers of Krsna consciousness movement, they are maha-bahu, strongly armed by the weapons of Krsna. They cannot be defeated. They will push on the fight with maya, this illusion
- An example of sthayi was exhibited when Arjuna told Akrura, "My dear son of Gandini, please ask Krsna when I shall be able to embrace Him in my arms"
- Around the neck of the Personality of Godhead hung a flower garland that reached to His knees. His eight stout and elongated arms were decorated with that garland, which challenged the beauty of the goddess of fortune
- As Krsna pressed her breast extremely hard and sucked out her very breath, Putana fell down on the ground, spread her arms and legs and began to cry, “Oh, child, leave me, leave me!” She was crying loudly and perspiring, and her whole body became wet
- Being baffled at not finding a match, I (Banasura) satisfy the itching of my arms by beating them against the mountains. In this way, I tear many great mountains to pieces
- Besides these inferior energies, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature
- Besides these inferior energies, which are material, there is another energy, a spiritual energy, and this is the living being, O mighty-armed one. The entire material world is sustained by the living entities
- Bhima began to murmur, "My arms are just like thunderbolts, but despite these arms I could not smash Sisupala while he was blaspheming Krsna. Therefore, of what use are these strong arms?"
- By the grace of Lord Siva, Banasura had one thousand arms, and he became so powerful that even demigods like King Indra were serving him most obediently
- Camasa Muni addressed king Nimi, "The brahmanas have come out from the head, the ksatriyas have come out from the arms, the vaisyas have come out from the waist, and the sudras have come out from the legs"
- Camasa Muni addressed king Nimi, "The sannyasis have come out from the head, the vanaprasthas from the arms, the grhasthas from the waist, and the brahmacaris from the legs"
- Canura continued, "We have heard that Your arms are very strong. The King and all the people present here desire to see a display of Your wrestling abilities. A citizen should be obedient and please the mind of the ruling king"
- Cyavana Muni, by his powers, paralyzed Indra's arm that held the thunderbolt
- Having heard that Krsna had already killed the elephant Kuvalayapida, Kamsa knew beyond doubt that Krsna was formidable. He thus became very much afraid of Him. Krsna and Balarama had long arms
- Having the opportunity to use his one thousand arms, he rushed toward Krsna, simultaneously working five hundred bows and two thousand arrows. Such a foolish person could never measure Krsna's strength
- He (Aniruddha) was dressed in yellow garments & had eyes just like lotus petals. His arms were very long, & he had nice, curling, bluish hair. The glaring rays of his glittering earrings & the beautiful smile on his lips were certainly captivating
- He (Dantavakra) became so agitated that he appeared on the battlefield without the proper arms and ammunition and without even a chariot. His only weapon was his great anger, which was red-hot
- He (Lord Nityananda) had beautifully formed hands, arms and legs, and eyes like lotus flowers. He wore a silk cloth, with a silk turban on His head
- He (Pradyumna) refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands, and after arming himself properly with bows and arrows, he asked his charioteer (Daruka) to take him near the place where Salva's commander in chief was standing
- Her (Mohini-murti's) attractively constructed neck was decorated with a necklace and other ornaments, Her arms were decorated with bangles, Her body was covered with a clean sari, and Her breasts seemed like islands in an ocean of beauty
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- His (Lord Caitanya's) arms are long enough to reach His knees, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, His nose is like a sesame flower, and His face is as beautiful as the moon
- His (Prahlada Maharaja's) tall, elegant figure was dressed in yellow garments, he had long arms, and his beautiful eyes were like the petals of a lotus. He was very dear and pleasing to everyone
- His (Sukadeva) collarbone was fleshy, his chest broad and thick, his navel deep and his abdomen beautifully striped. His arms were long, and curly hair was strewn over his beautiful face. He was naked, and the hue of his body reflected that of Lord Krsna
- His (Uddhava's) arms were very long and his eyes were just like the petals of the lotus flower. He was dressed in yellow garments and wore a garland of lotus flowers. His face was very beautiful
- His (Uddhava's) two arms are just like the bolts of a door, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, and he is the most important devotee amongst all the associates (of Krsna). Let us therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto Uddhava's lotus feet
- His most intimate friends Sridama, Subala and Stoka Krsna addressed Krsna and Balarama with great love and affection thus: "Balarama, You are very powerful; Your arms are very strong. Krsna, You are very expert in killing all kinds of disturbing demons"
- If one can rest without any pillow and make use of the soft arms endowed by nature, there is no necessity of searching after a pillow
- If someone is killed by the wheel of the Lord and is thus fortunate enough to see the arms of the Lord, that is sufficient for his liberation
- If you (Arjuna) think that the soul (or the symptoms of life) is always born and dies forever, you still have no reason to lament, O mighty-armed
- Immediately after bowing to the Lord's lotus feet, he (Srutadeva) would stand up and begin to dance, raising his two arms above his head
- Immediately upon entering the Talavana, Balarama began to yank the trees with His arms, exhibiting the strength of an elephant. Because of this jerking, all the ripe fruits fell down on the ground
- In the Krsna-karnamrta it is also said, "My dear Lord, You are the ocean of mercy. With my arms placed upon my head, I am bowing down before You with all humility and sincerity
- In the rasa dance, the Lord showed His favor to the most fortunate gopis by placing His arms on their shoulders and dancing with each of them individually. No one can compare with the gopis, who received the causeless mercy of the Lord
- In the valley of Mandara Hill, Hiranyakasipu began performing his austerities by standing with his toes on the ground, keeping his arms upward and looking toward the sky
- In this way, many thousands of elephants, horses and men were killed, and their blood flowed just like the waves of a river. In that river, the severed arms of men appeared like snakes and their heads like tortoises
- Increasingly overwhelmed by illusion, King Puranjana, although advanced in consciousness, remained always lying down with his head on the pillow of his wife's arms. In this way he considered woman to be his ultimate life and soul
- Jarasandha and all the other princes were very angry at Krsna for having kidnapped Rukmini. Struck by Rukmini's beauty, they had fallen from the backs of their horses and elephants, but now they began to stand up and properly arm themselves
- Just by seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a devotee. They began to chant "Krsna" and "Hari" and all the holy names. They all were merged in a great ecstasy of love, and they began to dance, raising their arms
- King Prthu's body was tall and sturdy, and his complexion was fair. His arms were full and broad and his eyes as bright as the rising sun. His nose was straight, his face very beautiful and his personality grave
- Knowing that Dantavakra was alone and armed with only a club, Lord Krsna responded similarly and prepared Himself by taking His club in His hand
- Krsna cut Banasura's arms with His Sudarsana disc just as a gardener trims the twigs of a tree with sharp cutters
- Krsna said, "Above all, the damsels of Vraja, the gopis, are the most glorious because You (Balarama) embrace them with Your strong arms, being attracted by their beauty"
- Krsna sometimes played with His intimate friends by engaging in fighting or wrestling with their arms, sometimes by playing ball, sometimes by playing chess
- Krsna then threw His weapons, and Bhaumasura's commander in chief, Pitha, along with his assistants, fell down, their military dress cut off and their heads, legs, arms and thighs severed. All of them were sent to the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- Lord Ananta's arms are attractively long, beautifully decorated with bangles and completely spiritual. They are white, and so they appear like silver columns
- Lord Krsna replied, "I gave a benediction to King Prahlada that the demons who would appear in his family would never be killed by Me. Therefore, without killing this Banasura, I have simply cut off his arms to deprive him of his false prestige"
- Lord Krsna replied, "The large number of soldiers he was maintaining became a burden on this earth, & I have killed them all to minimize the burden. Now he has four remaining arms, and he will remain immortal, unaffected by material pains and pleasures"
- Lord Krsna, with His own club, broke the club of Mura to pieces before it could reach Him. The demon, bereft of his weapon, decided to attack Krsna with his strong arms
- Lord Maha-Visnu's helmet was bedecked with valuable jewels, and His beautiful earrings enhanced the beauty of the curling hair on His head. Lord Maha-Visnu had eight arms, all very long, reaching to His knees
- Many arms, decorated with ornaments and clutching various weapons, were strewn here and there, as were many legs and thighs, which resembled the trunks of elephants
- Many headless trunks were generated on that battlefield. With weapons in their arms, those ghostly trunks, which could see with the eyes in the fallen heads, attacked the enemy soldiers
- My dear lord (Siva), you have given me (Banasura) one thousand arms, but I do not know what to do with them. They are simply a burden; I cannot use them properly in fighting, since I cannot find anyone competent to fight with me except your lordship
- O Lord of the universe, O universal form, I (Arjuna) see in Your body many, many arms, bellies, mouths and eyes, expanded everywhere, without limit. I see in You no end, no middle and no beginning
- O mighty-armed one (Krsna), all the planets with their demigods are disturbed at seeing Your great form, with its many faces, eyes, arms, thighs, legs, and bellies and Your many terrible teeth; and as they are disturbed, so am I (Arjuna)
- On the left side of the waist is the temple of Vamanadeva, on the left arm the temple of Sridhara, on the left side of the collarbone the temple of Hrsikesa, on the upper back the temple called Padmanabha, & on the lower back the temple called Damodara
- On the right side of the waist is the temple of Lord Visnu, on the right arm the temple of Lord Madhusudana, and on the right side of the collarbone the temple of Lord Trivikrama
- One friend addressed Krsna, "My dear Madhusudana, You know my strength, yet You are encouraging Bhadrasena, and not me, to challenge mighty Baladeva. By this action You are simply insulting me because my arms are as strong as the bolts of the gate!"
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- Seeing Krsna gave them so much pleasure that it appeared as if they were not only drinking the nectar of seeing His face but were also smelling the aroma and licking up the taste of His body and were embracing Him and Balarama with their arms
- Separating their arms, legs, heads and bellies from their bodies, he delivered the Yaksas to the planetary system which is situated above the sun globe and which is attainable only by first-class brahmacaris, who have never discharged their semen
- She (Kubja) was allowed to embrace Krsna with her arms and mitigate her long-cherished desire to have Him as a visitor in her house
- She (Putana) assumed her real feature as a great demon. She opened her fierce mouth and spread her arms & legs all over. She fell exactly as Vrtrasura did when struck by the thunderbolt of Indra. The long hair on her head was scattered all over her body
- Sometimes I (Banasura) feel a great tendency to fight with my arms, and I go out to find a suitable warrior. Unfortunately, everyone flees, knowing my extraordinary power
- Sometimes there are other symptoms, like rubbing the two hands, clacking the teeth, clamping the lips, moving the eyebrows, scratching the arms, lowering the head, breathing rapidly, uttering strong words, nodding the head
- Sometimes Yasoda was raising her arms like the waves of the ocean & because of her intense feelings of separation, she was rolling on the ground and creating a tumultuous roaring sound. And sometimes she was remaining completely silent, like a calm sea
- Srutadeva, a brahmana from the country called Mithila in northern India, became so overpowered with joy as soon as he saw Krsna that immediately after bowing to the Lord's lotus feet he stood up and began to dance, raising his two arms above his head
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "Accepting them as their born sons, they lifted them into their arms and began to embrace them, resting the children's bodies upon their own"
- That great archer the King of Kasi, the great fighter Sikhandi, Dhrstadyumna, Virata, the unconquerable Satyaki, Drupada, the sons of Draupadi, and the others, O King, such as the mighty-armed son of Subhadra, all blew their respective conchshells
- The armament preparation is going on. More than fifty percent of the income of the state are now being spent for this arm..., heavily. Instead of other purposes, it is being spent for military strength, every state. So that heavy toll we are paying
- The arms, thighs, necks and legs of the soldiers were severed, and their flags, bows, armor and ornaments were torn apart
- The audience standing nearby saw that Jarasandha's body was now divided into two halves, so that each half had one leg, one thigh, one testicle, half a backbone, half a chest, one collarbone, one arm, one eye, one ear and half a face
- The best purpose of human life can be fulfilled by worshiping the sad-bhuja-murti, the form of the Lord with six arms-two arms of Ramacandra, two arms of Krsna and two arms of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The brahmana whose child had died, thinking there was no fault on his own part, immediately went to the palace door with the dead child in his arms and accused the King as follows
- The brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras are respectively the mouth, arms, abdomen and legs of the universal form of the Lord. As long as they are engaged in the service of the complete whole, their position is secure
- The brain is most important part of the body, this head. If you cut the head of a man, then, in spite of possessing the arms, belly and legs, he is dead man. But if you cut the hand or the leg, he can live, and the brain can work
- The child immediately slipped out of his (Kamsa's) hands, went up into the sky and appeared with eight arms as the younger sister of Visnu
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) continued: When You (Lord Varahadeva) fall dead with Your skull smashed by the mace hurled by my arms, the demigods and sages who offer You oblations and sacrifice in devotional service will also automatically cease to exist
- The devotee said, "His arms are very long, touching His thighs, and He has shown His great strength by killing the Pralamba demon. Let me take shelter of this chivalrous Balarama"
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The Lord (Maha-visnu), although lying in the Causal Ocean, came out of it, and dividing Himself as Hiranyagarbha, He entered into each universe and assumed the virat-rupa, with thousands of legs, arms, mouths, heads, etc
- The Lord's arms are the productive fields for the great demigods and other leaders of the living entities who protect the general mass
- The ornaments on the arms of the Lord are as brilliant and lustrous as if they had been polished very recently
- The soldiers' (Jarasandha's party) hands were severed along with their bows and arrows and clubs; arms were piled upon arms, thighs upon thighs, and horses upon horses
- The tilaka mark on the forehead is called Kesava, and on the stomach, chest and arms the other names are also given. These are the same names as those given the months
- The virat-purusa's face is the brahmanas, His arms are the ksatriyas, His thighs are the vaisyas, and the sudras are under the protection of His feet
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord’s arrows
- Their (the gopis) churning rods, their arms, their earrings, their bangles, their breasts - everything moved, and kunkuma powder gave their faces a saffron luster comparable to the rising sun
- Their arms were adorned with brilliant bracelets, and they (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) stood as if covering the sun with their waists, which were bound with excellent and beautiful girdles
- There are tiny administrative gods in the state service. They are always afraid of other competitors, but if they take shelter of the arms of the Lord, the Lord can protect them always from the attacks of enemies
- Therefore I say again, lifting my arms: O fellow human beings, please worship Sri Caitanya and Nityananda without false arguments
- They (Kings and Princes) looked upon Him to their hearts' content, as if drinking nectar through their eyes, licking His body with their tongues, smelling the aroma of His body with their noses, and embracing Him with their arms
- They (the cowherd men) began to show paternal love for the children, and with great affection they lifted them in their arms and embraced them. They began to smell their children’s heads and enjoy their company with great happiness
- They (the Visnu forms) were bedecked with pearls and earrings and garlanded with beautiful flowers. On Their chests was the mark of Srivatsa, Their arms were decorated with armlets and other jewelry, and Their necks were just like conchshells
- This demon (friend of Kamsa) was foaming at the mouth, waving his arms and rolling on the ground. This demonic demonstration is in relationship with Krsna in ghastly humor. This mellow or flavor is one of the indirect relationships with Krsna
- This woman (Mohini-murti), who had large, high hips, was a woman of yogamaya presented by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She released Herself somehow or other from the fond embrace of Lord Siva's arms and ran away
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- We are Arms of the Lord, because we are fighting against the influence of Maya, or the non-devotees. Actually we the Krishna Conscious people are soldiers of the Lord, or Arms of the Lord
- When a man thinks of women and money, he lies down and rests on the arms of his beloved woman or wife. In this way he overindulges in sex life and thus becomes unfit for self-realization
- When a man's eyes, arms and thighs all quiver constantly, one must know that something is going to happen which is undesirable. These undesirables are compared to fire in a forest
- When Bhimasena and Jarasandha were heavily striking each other with their clubs on different parts of their bodies - namely the shoulders, arms, collarbone, chest, thighs, waist and legs - their clubs were torn to pieces
- When he (Bali Maharaja) sat down on the seat of the chariot, his arms decorated with golden bangles and his ears with sapphire earrings, he shone like a worshipable fire
- When Krsna came out from the Yamuna after chastising the Kaliyanaga, Sridama wanted to embrace Him first, but he could not raise his arms because of his great feeling of respect
- When Krsna was on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, all the cowherd boys came to see Him, wearing jeweled earrings in their ears. Becoming so greatly overjoyed, they extended their arms and embraced Krsna as their old friend
- When Lord Krsna saw the weapons of Banasura coming at Him, like water coming out of a strainer, He took His sharp-edged Sudarsana disc and began to cut off the demon's one thousand arms, one after another
- When the beautiful princesses of the serpent kings, hoping for the Lord's (Ananta) auspicious blessing, smear His arms with aguru pulp, sandalwood pulp and kunkuma, the touch of His limbs awakens lusty desires within them
- When the demigods and demons, by the strength of their arms, rotated Mandara Mountain on the back of the extraordinary tortoise, the tortoise accepted the rolling of the mountain as a means of scratching His body, and thus He felt a pleasing sensation
- When the women saw Pradyumna, dressed in yellowish garments, with very long arms, curling hair, beautiful reddish eyes, a smiling face, jewelry and ornaments, they at first could not recognize him as a personality different from Krsna
- When there are ample earthly flats to lie on, what is the necessity of cots and beds? When one can use his own arms, what is the necessity of a pillow? When one can use the palms of his hands, what is the necessity of varieties of utensils?
- When they (all the Yadus and the residents) were embracing one another in their arms, the saffron and kunkuma spread on their breasts was exchanged from one person to another, and they all felt heavenly ecstasy
- When trembling occurs in these parts of the body (left eyelid, arm and thigh), it is an auspicious sign indicating that something lucrative can be expected
- While Rukmini was in such deep thought, auspicious symptoms appeared in different parts of her body. Trembling began to occur in her left eyelid, arm and thigh
- With great love and affection he (King Uttanapada) went forward to embrace his long-lost boy (Dhruva). Breathing very heavily, the King embraced him with both arms
- With great strength, the demons and demigods, who were all very powerful and who had long, stout arms, uprooted Mandara Mountain. Crying very loudly, they brought it toward the ocean of milk
- With His (the Lord's) strong, glorious arms, which award fearlessness throughout the universe, He took hold of Vasuki and began churning the ocean, using Mandara Mountain as a churning rod