Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
apprehend | apprehended | apprehending | apprehends | apprehensible | apprehension | apprehensions | apprehensive
Pages in category "Apprehension"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Although seen by the police, a criminal is sometimes not immediately punished; the police wait for the proper time to apprehend him
- Apprehension of some mishap to Krsna or to His beloved queens, as exhibited by Baladeva and Yudhisthira, has been explained. This apprehension is not exactly due to their ignorance of the inconceivable potencies of Krsna but to their intense love for Him
- Because I am so fallen, I shall never get a chance to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead.This was my false apprehension. Rather, by chance a person as fallen as I am may get to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: disappointment, lamentation, humility, guilt, fatigue, intoxication, pride, doubt, apprehension, intense emotion, madness, forgetfulness, disease, confusion, death, laziness, inertness
- I don't think there is any discrepancy, but I do not know why in India cooperation is lacking. So you should do things nicely and in consultation with others and rectify the situation. I have also apprehended a scandalous situation
- In such a state of apprehension, one tries to take shelter of something which provides safety. There may be standing of the hairs on the body, trembling of the body and sometimes the committing of mistakes. And sometimes the body may become stunned
- The pregnancy (of Sacimata) approached its thirteenth month, but still there was no sign of the delivery of the child (Nimai Pandita). Thus Jagannatha Misra became greatly apprehensive
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- This (the Bhagavatam describes the symptoms and deeds of the incarnations in general and counts Sri Krsna among them) made Suta Gosvami greatly apprehensive. Therefore he distinguished each incarnation by its specific symptoms
- This is one instance of apprehending some danger to Krsna in ecstatic love for Him
- This kind of apprehension of some mishap to Krsna first of all becomes manifested as an object of lamentation, but gradually it develops into such compassionate loving ecstasy that it turns to another channel and gives transcendental pleasure
- When a person becomes disturbed in his heart by seeing lightning in the sky, by seeing a ferocious animal, or by hearing a tumultuous sound, his state of mind is called apprehensive
- When one is afraid of something, he can still think of past and future. But when there is this kind of ecstatic apprehension, there is no scope for such thinking
- When out of ecstatic love friends and well-wishers of Krsna apprehend some danger for Him, that situation becomes the object of their dread
- When there was stretching of the body of Narada Muni from chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, he chanted so loudly that it was apprehended that Lord Nrsimha had appeared. Thus all the demons began to flee in different directions