Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:The Power of the Holy Names of God
Pages in category "The Power of the Holy Names of God"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Actually the Lord's holy name has such powerful potency. But there is a quality to such utterances also. It depends on the quality of feeling
- Although calling for his son, he (Ajamila) was unknowingly chanting the name of Narayana, and the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is so transcendentally powerful that his chanting was being counted and recorded
- Any nomenclature which is meant for the Supreme Lord is as holy as the others because they are all meant for the Lord. Such holy names are as powerful as the Lord
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that each and every name of God is as powerful as God. Because God is Absolute, therefore there is no difference between His name, form, pastimes
- Chanting must be offenseless in order to be of high quality. Mechanical chanting is not as powerful as chanting of the holy name without offenses
- If a mantra has so power, why it should be secret? It should be distributed. People are suffering. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Chant this Hare Krsna mantra. Anyone who will hear... Even the birds and beasts will hear and they will be liberated"
- If we keep ourself on the material platform, then for thousand years we may chant, it will be difficult. That is called namaparadha. Of course, holy name is so powerful that even by chanting with offense, gradually he becomes pure
- It is said in the sastras that by once uttering the holy name of the Lord (Krsna), the sinner gets rid of a quantity of sins that he is unable to commit. Such is the power of uttering the holy name of the Lord
- The holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is so powerful that if once heard without offenses, it can purify the lowest of men
- The holy names of Krsna and Hari, or the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, are so spiritually powerful that even today, as our preachers go to remote parts of the world, people immediately begin chanting Hare Krsna
- The powerful hari-nama is so strong that even one unconsciously or conscious... Sometimes they imitate: "Hare Krsna." They have no intention to chant the holy name of Krsna, but they imitate or criticize, "Hare Krsna." That has also effect
- They are young boys, young girls. They could enjoy life in their county very nicely. But the name is so powerful. I started this movement simply by chanting this Hare Krsna. Still we are going that