Category:Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 17 - The Bodily Transformations of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
Pages in category "Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 17 - The Bodily Transformations of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- Absorbed in ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu acted and talked like a madman day and night
- After hearing the vibration of a flute, I went to Vrndavana, and there I saw that Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, was playing on His flute in the pasturing grounds
- After searching here and there, they finally came to the cow shed near the Simha-dvara. There they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lying unconscious among the cows
- Alas, Krsna is lying within My heart like Cupid; therefore how can I possibly give up talking of Him? I cannot forget Krsna, whose smile is sweeter than sweetness itself and who gives pleasure to My mind and eyes
- All the cows around the Lord were sniffing His transcendental body. When the devotees tried to check them, they refused to give up their association with the transcendental body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- All the devotees began to chant the Hare Krsna mantra very loudly in the Lord's ears, and after a considerable time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained consciousness
- All three doors were fastened as usual, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in great ecstasy, nevertheless got out of the room and left the house
- As the Lord lay there unconscious, His body resembled a large pumpkin. Externally He was completely inert, but within He felt overwhelming transcendental bliss
- As they talked of Krsna, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami would sing songs exactly suitable for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's transcendental emotions
- At intervals, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would also recite a verse. Then, in great lamentation, He would explain it
- Each day and night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would become deranged in this way and talk like a madman
- Ecstatic love for Krsna is wonderfully deep. By personally tasting the glorious sweetness of that love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed us its extreme limit
- Even Anantadeva, who possesses thousands of mouths, cannot fully describe the ecstatic transformations that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu experienced in a single day
- He brought Srimati Radharani to a bower by signaling with His flute. Then He entered within that bower to perform pastimes with Her
- He went to a cow shed on the southern side of the Simha-dvara. There the Lord fell down unconscious among cows from the district of Tailanga
- His (Krsna's) song is so sweet that even one particle of its sound can inundate the entire world. If such a particle enters one's ear, one is immediately bereft of all other types of hearing
- His arms and legs had entered the trunk of His body, exactly like those of a tortoise. His mouth was foaming, there were eruptions on His body, and tears flowed from His eyes
- How wonderful it is! Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left His residence without opening the three strongly bolted doors
- I am simply trying to write about Gauracandra's transcendental activities & spiritual madness, which are very wonderful & uncommon. I dare to write of them only because I have heard from the mouths of those who have personally seen the Lord's activities
- I entered the bower just behind Krsna, My ears captivated by the sound of His ornaments
- I saw Krsna and the gopis enjoying all kinds of pastimes while laughing and joking together. Hearing their vocal expressions enhanced the joy of My ears
- If I do not think of Krsna, My impoverished mind will die within a moment like a fish out of water. But when I see Krsna's sweetly smiling face, My mind and eyes are so pleased that My desire for Him redoubles
- In great ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Svarupa Damodara in a faltering voice, "My ears are dying of thirst. Please recite something to quench this thirst. Let Me hear it"
- In the company of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu once passed half the night talking about the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- In the same ecstatic mood, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu now recited that verse, and on the strength of madness He described its meaning, which is unknown to people in general
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed half the night experiencing varieties of emotions. Finally, after making the Lord lie down on His bed, Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya returned to their homes
- Krsna's deep voice is more resonant than newly arrived clouds, and His sweet song defeats even the sweet voice of the cuckoo
- Krsna's speech is far sweeter than nectar. Each of His jubilant words is full of meaning, and when His speech mixes with His smile, which is like camphor, the resultant sound and the deep meaning of Krsna's words create various transcendental mellows
- Meanwhile, not hearing any sounds from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda immediately sent for Svarupa Damodara and opened the doors
- Merged in an ocean of anxiety, He recited a verse spoken by Srimati Radharani expressing the same emotion. Then He personally explained the verse and thus tasted the sweetness of Krsna
- My dear friend, please tell Me what to do. My ears have been plundered by the qualities of Krsna's sound. Now, however, I cannot hear His transcendental sound, and I am almost dead for want of it
- O My dear friends, how shall I find Krsna? What shall I do? Where shall I go? Where can I meet Him? Because I cannot find Krsna, My life is leaving Me
- O people of the world, worship the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in all respects. Only in this way will you achieve the nectarean treasure of ecstatic love for Krsna
- One particle of that transcendental, blissful nectar is the life and soul of the ear, which is like a cakora bird that lives in hope of tasting that nectar
- Only the most fortunate can hear these four nectarean sounds - Krsna's words, the tinkling of His ankle bells & bangles, His voice and the vibration of His flute. If one does not hear these sounds, his ears are as useless as small conchshells with holes
- Sometimes, by good fortune, the bird can taste it, but at other times he unfortunately cannot and therefore almost dies of thirst
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "'My dear friend, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has a voice as deep as a cloud resounding in the sky'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is wonderfully merciful and wonderfully magnanimous. We have heard of no one else within this world so merciful and charitable
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'Alas, what shall I do? To whom shall I speak? Let whatever I have done in hopes of meeting Krsna be finished now. Please say something auspicious, but do not speak about Krsna'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "If I give up hope of meeting Krsna, I shall then be happy. Therefore, let us stop this most inglorious discussion of Krsna. It would be better for us to talk of glorious topics and forget Him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The gopis entered the arena of the rasa dance in ecstasy, but after hearing Krsna's words of negligence and detachment, they understood that He was going to renounce them. Thus they began to chastise Him in anger"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke these words in a mood of anger as He floated on waves of ecstatic love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and then sat down again. Looking here and there, He inquired from Svarupa Damodara, "Where have you brought Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's personal servant, Govinda, lay down at the door of His room, and the Lord very loudly chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra all night
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who appeared in that way, rises in my heart and maddens me
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has fully described this pastime in his book Gauranga-stava-kalpavrksa
- Srimati Radharani's ecstasy also made Her think of Krsna as Cupid, and this understanding frightened Her. She said, "This Cupid, who has conquered the whole world and entered My heart, is My greatest enemy, for He does not allow Me to forget Him"
- Suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness and said to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "My dear Svarupa, please sing some sweet songs"
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became calm and considered His state of mind. He remembered the words of Pingala, and this aroused an ecstasy that moved Him to speak. Thus He explained the meaning of the verse
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the vibration of Krsna's flute. Then, in ecstasy, He began to depart to see Lord Krsna
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami stood up, caught Him and took Him on his lap. Then Svarupa Damodara brought Him back to His place and made Him sit down
- That chapter also tells how the attributes of Krsna's sound attracted the mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then described in ecstasy the meaning of the "ka stry anga te" verse
- That Personality of Godhead, known as Madana-mohana, whose joking words carry many indications and deep meanings, is increasing the lusty desires of My ears
- The aggregate of all these ecstasies once awoke a statement by Srimati Radharani in the mind of Bilvamangala Thakura
- The anxiety caused by separation from Krsna has made Me (Lord Caitanya) impatient, and I can think of no way to meet Him. O My friends, you are also deranged by lamentation. Who, therefore, will tell Me how to find Him?
- The devotees tried to rouse the Lord by various means, but His consciousness did not return. Therefore they all lifted Him and brought Him back home
- The Lord's ears were satisfied when He heard Svarupa Damodara sing songs from the Gita-govinda and those by the poet Vidyapati
- The nectarean buttermilk of Your flute's vibration, the nectar of Your sweet words and the nectarean sound of Your ornaments mix together to attract our ears, minds and lives. In this way You are killing us
- The Seventeenth Chapter also tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, due to the conjunction of various ecstatic emotions, again began speaking like a madman and described in detail the meaning of a verse from the Krsna-karnamrta
- The Seventeenth Chapter recounts how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell among the cows and assumed the form of a tortoise as His ecstatic emotions awakened
- The tinkling of Krsna's ankle bells surpasses the songs of even the swan and crane, and the sound of His bangles puts the singing of the cataka bird to shame
- The transcendental vibration of Krsna's flute disturbs the hearts of women all over the world, even if they hear it only once
- The vibration of Your flute, accompanied by Your glance, which pierces us forcibly with the arrows of lust, induces us to ignore the regulative principles of religious life
- Then great eagerness conquered all the other soldiers of ecstasy, and an uncontrollable desire arose in the kingdom of Srimati Radharani's mind. Greatly unhappy, She then chastised Her own mind
- Then He crossed over three high walls, and later, because of strong feelings of separation from Krsna, He fell down amidst the cows of the Tailanga district and retracted all the limbs of His body like a tortoise
- Then she increases their great anxiety and induces them to give up the regulative principle of obeying superiors. Finally, she forcibly brings them to You to surrender in amorous love
- Then Svarupa Damodara Gosvami lit a torch and went out with all the devotees to search for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They said, 'O dear lover, please answer just one question. Who among all the youthful women within this universe is not attracted by the sound of Your flute'
- This description, however, will satisfy the mind and ears of anyone who hears it, and he will be able to understand these uncommon activities of deep ecstatic love for Krsna
- Thus I have described Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic transformation of becoming like a tortoise. In that ecstasy, He talked and acted like a madman
- Thus their fastened belts become loose, and these women become the unpaid maidservants of Krsna. Indeed, they run toward Krsna exactly like madwomen
- Thus we become excited by lusty desires and come to You, giving up all shame and fear. But now You are angry with us
- To complement the ecstasy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramananda Raya would quote verses from the books of Vidyapati and Candidasa, and especially from the Gita-govinda, by Jayadeva Gosvami
- We (gopis) become excited by lusty desires and come to You, giving up all shame and fear. But now You are angry with us. You are finding fault with our violating religious principles and leaving our homes and husbands
- We know that this is all a well-planned trick. You know how to make jokes that cause the complete annihilation of women, but we can understand that Your real mind, words and behavior are different. Therefore please give up all these clever tricks
- What can a poor creature like me describe of those transformations? I can give only a hint of them, as if showing the moon through the branches of a tree
- When He regained consciousness, His arms and legs came out of His body, and His whole body returned to normal
- When she hears the vibration of Krsna's flute, even the goddess of fortune comes to Him, greatly hoping for His association, but nevertheless she does not get it
- When the waves of thirst for His association increase, she performs austerities, but still she cannot meet Him
- When You play Your flute, the vibration acts like a messenger in the form of a yogini perfect in the art of chanting mantras. This messenger enchants all the women in the universe and attracts them to You
- Where is Krsna, the treasure of My life? Where is the lotus-eyed one? Alas! Where is the divine ocean of all transcendental qualities? Alas! Where is the beautiful blackish youth dressed in yellow garments? Alas! Where is the hero of the rasa dance
- Where shall I go? Where can I find You? Please tell Me. I shall go there. Speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began running
- While speaking in this way, Srimati Radharani suddenly remembered Krsna. Indeed, He appeared within Her heart. Greatly astonished, She told Her friends, "The person I want to forget is lying in My heart"
- While Sri Caitanya lamented in this way, agitation and ecstasy awoke in His mind, and He became very restless. Many transcendental ecstasies combined in Him, including anxiety, lamentation, attention, eagerness, fear, determination and remembrance
- With the tinkling of His ornaments He attracts the ears of the gopis, and with the sound of His flute He attracts even the goddess of fortune and other beautiful women