Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"so-called devotee"|"so-called devotees"
Pages in category "So-called Devotees"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- A class of so-called devotees called the nadiya-nagaris or gaura-nagaris pretend that they have the sentiment of gopis toward Lord Caitanya, but they do not realize that He placed Himself not as the enjoyer, Krsna, but as the enjoyed
- A class of so-called devotees known as prakrta-sahajiyas sometimes display devotional symptoms to exhibit their good fortune. They are pretending, however, because these devotional features are only external
- A class of so-called devotees known as sahajiyas try to imitate the Lord's pastimes, although they have no understanding of the amorous love in His expansions of pleasure potency
- A so-called party of devotees named nadiya-nagari has sprung up and introduced the worship of Visnupriya. This certainly indicates their ignorance concerning Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes
- Brahma-yamala states, "Instead, he (so-called great devotee) will simply create disturbances for the sincere students of devotional service"
- By contacting nondevotees and engaging in nondevotional activities, a so-called mature devotee will fall victim to the mad elephant offense. Whatever growth has taken place is quickly uprooted by such an offense
- If a Vaisnava sampradaya is also carried away by that impersonal attitude, that sampradaya has no position at all. It is a fact that there are many so-called Vaisnavas whose ultimate aim is to merge into the existence of the Lord
- It (the Krsna Consciousness Movement) is a revolutionary movement. Even so-called followers of Gita, they will be caught up by this movement as rascals. Because the real purpose of Gita they do not know
- It should be noted that a class of so-called devotees (known as prakrta-sahajiya) follow their own concocted ideas and, representing themselves as Krsna and Radha, indulge in debauchery. Such devotional service and attachment are false
- She (a woman) should concentrate her devotional activities in chanting and meditating upon Krsna, as is advised herein. One should not follow the men called sahajiyas, the so-called devotees who take everything very lightly
- So-called advanced devotees
- So-called devotees like the sahajiyas cheaply imagine they are meeting Krsna in Vrndavana. Such thinking may be useful, but actually meeting Krsna is possible through the attitude of separation taught by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- So-called mature devotees
- So-called pseudo devotees
- So-called Vaisnavas who take everything very casually, are both visayis, or materialists. Eating food offered by them causes contamination, and as a result of such contamination, even a serious devotee becomes like a materialistic man
- Some of our so-called devotees, they criticize me that I have limited only sixteen rounds. No, why sixteen rounds? You can make three hundred rounds, but minimum, minimum sixteen rounds, because we are not accustomed to devote much time
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura suggests that people who are materialistically inclined and sahajiyas, or so-called Vaisnavas who take everything very casually, are both visayis, or materialists
- The first business of a Vaisnava is to give up the company of nondevotees. A so-called mature devotee, however, commits a great offense by giving up the company of pure devotees
- The so-called devotees or followers of Rudra are also a menace. They are sometimes dangerous even to Rudra himself. Descendants of Rudra sometimes make plans to kill Rudra - by the grace of Rudra. That is the nature of his devotees
- The so-called siddha-pranali process is followed by the prakrta-sahajiya, a pseudosect of so-called Vaisnavas
- The word markata-vairagya is used by Cri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to indicate so-called Vaisnavas who dress themselves in loincloths trying to imitate Srila Rupa Gosvami
- There are many so-called advanced devotees who sit in a secluded place for their personal benefit. They do not go out to preach and convert others into Vaisnavas, and therefore they certainly cannot be called sparsa-mani, advanced devotees
- There are many so-called devotees who artificially think of Krsna's pastimes, which are known as asta-kalika-lila
- There are many so-called devotees who command the Lord to come before them dancing. The Lord, however, is not subject to anyone's command, but if He is satisfied by one's pure devotional activities, He reveals Himself
- There are many so-called followers of the Vaisnava cult in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu who do not scrupulously follow the conclusions of the sastras, and therefore they are considered to be apa-sampradaya, which means "outside of the sampradaya"
- There is a class of so-called devotees known as prakrta-sahajiyas who are very much interested in hearing about Krsna's rasa-lila with the gopis but not about His fighting with His enemies
- They (so-called devotees) say that since the Absolute Truth is impersonal, one can imagine a personal form of the impersonal Absolute Truth for the time being, but as soon as one becomes liberated the worship stops