Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"previous acaryas" |"previous acarya"|"past acaryas"|"previous masters"|"previous fighting acarya"|"previous authorities, acaryas"|"previous great acaryas"|"previous authorized acaryas"|"previous incarnation or acarya"|"previous guru and acarya"|"previous guru"|"previous gurus"|"previous acarya or guru"|"previous spiritual masters"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Previous Acaryas"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.
- A guru is mahajana because he knows what is religion and what is the law given by God. Therefore he's mahajana. How he has become mahajana? Because he is following the previous mahajana. That's all. It is not difficult. Evam parampara-praptam
- A person who tries to understand Krsna with full knowledge and devotion by following in the footsteps of previous acaryas conversant with scientific knowledge of the Supreme Lord is praiseworthy
- Acaryas in the disciplic succession of Lord Caitanya teach us that we shall try to place the message of Lord Caitanya very humbly to the people in general and that will make us successful in our service to the Lord
- All bona fide representatives of Sri Vyasadeva in the chain of disciplic succession are to be understood to be gosvamis. These gosvamis restrain all their senses, and they stick to the path made by the previous acaryas
- All of our previous acaryas on our line have written substantially on the science of God-consciousness, so I would also like all my students to do this
- Anu means "to follow," and pasyati means "to observe." Thus the word anupasyati means that one should not see things as he does with the naked eye but should follow the previous acaryas. Due to material defects, the naked eye cannot see anything properly
- I am glad that you and the others are each writing one hour daily essays. That is parampara. All of our previous acaryas on our line have written substantially on the science of God-consciousness, so I would also like all my students to do this
- I may not know what is God, but because my predecessors, acaryas, confirm it, the "Here is Bhagavan," we accept it. That's all. We save so much trouble by mental speculation. We accept the parampara system
- I must present things exactly in the same way as it was presented by Krsna, as it was presented by Arjuna, as it was presented by our acaryas, Caitanya, and at last my spiritual master. So, similarly, if you take up the K.C. movement in the same spirit
- I shall cross over the insurmountable ocean of nescience by being firmly fixed in the service of the lotus feet of Krsna. This was approved by the previous acaryas, who were fixed in firm devotion to the Lord, Paramatma, the S P of Godhead
- If a personality like you, who are so much advanced because of executing the instructions of the previous acaryas, is carried away by the influence of My material energy, then all your advancement may be considered simply a waste of time
- If a previous acarya has already written about something, there is no need to repeat it for personal sense gratification or to outdo the previous acarya. Unless there is some definite improvement, one should not repeat
- If they want to insist on touching your feet and there is no other way to avoid it, you can simply remember your predecessor Acaryas and Spiritual Masters and accept them and return namaskara with folded hands. That is the Vaisnava etiquette
- If we remain very sincere and pure in following the line laid down by the previous great acaryas, this Krishna Consciousness Movement will undoubtedly be accepted throughout the world as the only religion
- If you disapprove previous acarya or if you become more intelligent than previous acarya, then you are not acarya. This was Caitanya Mahaprabhu's... He disapproved. Our process is evam parampara
- If you stick to the principle of following the footsteps of previous predecessor, evam parampara-praptam, don't add anything, don't subtract anything, present as it is and keep your spiritual strength intact, then the preaching will go on
- Indeed, whether the devotees come from a family of previous acaryas or from an ordinary family, they should be treated equally
- It is advised that a devotee follow the past acaryas and saintly persons, because by such following one can achieve the desired results, with no chance of lamenting or being baffled in his progress
- It is by their kindness, of the previous acaryas that they let us sit between them just like a father calls for a child to sit down next to him
- It is not that the previous acaryas and others, they did not know what is airplane, what is speed, how to run. Don't think foolishly, as if they have manufactured. It is nothing, not even third-, not even fourth-class, tenth-class
- It is very difficult to understand the secret of Krsna consciousness, but one who advances by the instruction of the previous acaryas and follows in the footsteps of his predecessors in the line of disciplic succession will have success. Others will not
- Mangalacarana Prayers, 1969 - Vande 'ham sri-gurun, all the gurus, or spiritual masters. The offering of respect direct to the spiritual master means offering respect to all the previous acaryas. Gurun means plural number
- May Krishna bless you to improve more and more in writing the glories of our previous acaryas and the Lord. Be engaged in glorifying the parampara system and your life will be glorified automatically thousands of times
- O Suta Gosvami, we are eager to learn about the Personality of Godhead and His incarnations. Please explain to us those teachings imparted by previous masters (acaryas), for one is uplifted both by speaking them and by hearing them
- Of course we cannot imitate, but we should always try to remember the example of our predecessors and follow their example always
- One must have full confidence in the previous acarya, and at the same time he must realize the subject matter so nicely that he can present the matter for the particular circumstances in a suitable manner
- One must receive instructions from the spiritual master and make inquiries in order to learn devotional service. (5) One must follow in the footsteps of the previous acaryas and follow the directions given by the spiritual master
- One should "observe," or systematically see. This means that one must follow the previous acaryas, the perfected teachers. Anupasyati is the exact Sanskrit word used in this connection. Anu means "to follow," and pasyati means "to observe"
- One's guide must be a spiritual master who is actually an unalloyed devotee strictly following the instructions of the previous acarya without deviation
- Our determination should be to serve the previous guru and acarya
- Our preaching work is going on successfully, in spite of the many impediments offered by antagonistic demons, because we are getting positive help from our previous acaryas
- So this is Vaisnavism, to follow the previous acarya. This is Vaisnavism
- Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu amalgamated the views of all the previous Acaryas in His thesis of Acintya-bhedabheda Tattva explicitly explained by Sri Baladeva Vidyabhusana in his Govinda Bhasya of the Vedanta-sutra
- Srila Jiva Gosvami, following the previous acaryas, has inculcated the conclusions of the scriptures in the six theses called the Sat-sandarbhas. False devotees who have very little knowledge of such conclusions fail to achieve pure devotion
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has therefore recommended, tandera carana sevi bhakta-sane vasa: one has to live in the company of pure devotees and execute the regulative principles laid down by the previous acaryas, the six Gosvamis
- Thank you for helping me in this preaching work. Make sure that you preach nicely and at the same time follow the example of perfect behavior given by your spiritual master and the previous acaryas and confirmed in the scriptures
- That is Vaisnavism. We don't manufacture ideas. We don't commit such rascaldom. We simply accept the behavior or the activities of previous acaryas. There is no difficulty
- The actions of the Krsna consciousness movement are directed by the previous acaryas, headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami; in the association of devotees following these principles, a devotee is able to perfectly maintain his transcendental position
- The authorized description of bhakti, or devotional service, following in the footsteps of previous acaryas, can be summarized in the following statement by Srila Rupa Gosvami
- The best process is to accept the instructions of the previous acaryas and follow them. Then God realization and self-realization become extremely easy
- The false pride that makes one think that he can write better than the previous acaryas will make one’s comments faulty
- The gosvamis restrain all their senses, and they stick to the path made by the previous acaryas
- The idea is that we should follow in the footsteps of great devotees. If we are unable to execute all the different items of devotional service, we must try to execute at least one of them, as exemplified by previous acaryas
- The K C movement is based on this principle. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung, "My dear Lord, let me be engaged in Your transcendental loving service, as indicated by the previous acaryas, and let me live in the association of pure devotees"
- The parampara system does not allow one to deviate from the commentaries of the previous acaryas
- There are many instances of devotional service rendered by previous acaryas who did not care about social behavior when intensely absorbed in love for Krsna. Unfortunately, as long as we are within this material world, we must observe social customs
- There are six principles favorable to the execution of pure devotional service - (5) Abandoning the association of nondevotees, and (6) following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas
- This acceptance of Sri Caitanya-bhagavata by Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami indicates his acceptance of the disciplic succession. A writer of transcendental literature never tries to surpass the previous acaryas
- Thus we hold continuous activities in devotional service twenty-four hours daily. This is called sato vrtti, or following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas who expertly filled every moment of time with Krsna conscious activities
- We feel always the presence of our past Acaryas simply by their immutable instructions
- We should never think of ourselves as great preachers, but should always consider that we are simply instrumental to the previous acaryas
- We take the words of the authority, that's all. Or we have no respite. This is our process. That is the way of parampara. Not only we accept, but our previous acaryas, all the big, big acaryas, they have accepted
- We took up the mission of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura and Bhaktivinoda Thakura to preach the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu all over the world, under the protection of all the predecessor acaryas, and we find that our humble attempt has been successful