Prabhupada Responding to Comments... 1976
Pages in category "Prabhupada Responding to Comments... 1976"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- Actually, Prabhupada, that lust is a perverted expression of love. Krsna is creating out of love, and in the material world it becomes perverted. So in the material world lust is the cause
- All the instructions for the future - like you said that one day even we will have the government, how to run the government - everything is explained in your books
- All they could say was how Prabhupada, how he is empowered by Lord Gauranga
- And he has known 'missing link'? (before the caveman was the missing link)
- And then the materialist says, "If Krsna is all good, then how is there any evil?"
- Hari-sauri looks like he can give a very good massage. He looks like he can give a very good massage
- He (Sai Baba) says, "Rice is the equivalent of God in man while the husk can be compared to desire which reduces God to man"
- He said that you remarked that our society is not love-making society. But there are so many of these things are going on
- He says it's always been difficult for him to keep walking or climbing up the stairs in the right direction
- He says that maya keeps making him full of material desires
- He says there's a definite connection between the flesh and love, and you can't deny it, he said. I argued with him, but that was his viewpoint, that love is expressed through the flesh
- Here are flowers. This is a heater for the winter to keep the temperature up. We try to grow tomatoes for the Deities in the winter
- "Here we have a powerful and persuasive presentation in the bhakti tradition of this dearly beloved poem. The Swami's introduction makes clear at once where he stands as a leading exponent of Krsna consciousness." That is my actual
- His argument is that "I should never be allowed to misuse my independence"
- I could not see any open space in the park. Really, I was shocked. Even where there was a fountain, the whole fountain was filled with people; even where there was water, they were standing in the water
- I personally, I don't think that even Americans or Westerners would have accepted even your teachings, as clear as they are, without having your personal association and seeing your example. I think people would have thought that it's totally impossible
- I think that some of the comments of Your Divine Grace, some of the purports of the Fourth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, if they come to the notice of the Indian government, it may give us some... They may seriously consider about banning
- If someone forces his mind, Srila Prabhupada, to think of Krsna...
- If you can appreciate krsna-prasadam without filling up to the neck...
- In Bhagavatam, Srila Prabhupada, you are mentioning that prostitute is needed in the society
- In regards to the organization of the movement
- In Washington Square a crowd of about three thousand, many of whom were there as part of the normal Sunday afternoon activities, heard Swami Prabhupada deliver a lecture
- It would be easier for them if they didn't live in the cities, because the cities make it so hard for anybody to understand there is a God
- No one is getting any salary here (in New Mayapura), they are just working and taking...
- "No work in all Indian literature is more quoted. Because none is better loved in the West than the Bhagavad-gita. Translation of such work demands not only knowledge of Sanskrit but an inward sympathy with the theme and a verbal artistry"
- No, even in Ramayana and Mahabharata we find this kind of, Ekalavya was discriminated, Karna was discriminated
- Prabhupada once gave the analogy sometimes when the horse is sick, the doctor takes the pill in the hand, he puts it down the throat
- Prabhupada, you were a chemist before, but I think you are the greatest alchemist to have taken so many leaden souls and turned them into golden Vaisnavas
- Prabhupada, your temples are the real spaceships. We can go to the other planets and to Krsnaloka from your temples
- Practically all of these devotees are so much dedicated to book distribution that they are going out now nearly seven days a week, without stoppage
- Some of our brahmacaris, they've been drafted into the army. We've lost several devotees like that, because it's very hard for them to maintain their Krsna consciousness in the army
- Some people say that there is a worldwide conspiracy of bankers, that they can control any government. They can cause a depression. They say that the bankers caused the depression in the 1920s, 1930s, just to increase their power
- Sometimes a devotee thinks, "Oh, it is so difficult to be strict. Maybe I'll just take it easy and remain engaged in devotional service, then I'll take another birth as a devotee and maybe next time I'll finish up my business"
- Sometimes a materialist, he's thinking he's doing good but he's not
- Sometimes devotees, they want to love Krsna, but they fall down, they can't seem to...
- Sometimes if we are faced with a service we think is beyond our means
- Srila Prabhupada, it mentions in The Nectar of Devotion that in the viddhi-marga there are many things we don't want to do but we must do in order to make advancement
- Srila Prabhupada, sometimes when we go preaching, people do not want to take Krsna consciousness. Sometimes they actually...
- Srila Prabhupada, you mentioned the principle of intuition, that this is coming from Krsna. There's another principle called conscience which means the feeling that something is right and something is wrong
- Srila Prabhupada, you said yesterday, or a few days ago, that this movement will go on unimpeded for ten thousand years...
- That's a common philosophy. The Ten Commandments are there, but they're an ideal that no one can ever achieve
- The argument is sometimes put forward that not everyone will be able to embrace Krsna consciousness fully. Therefore it may be better for them to accept some portion, like vegetarianism or hatha-yoga...
- The library party said that everywhere in Delhi they went, they found that you had already placed your three volumes of Bhagavatam
- The one on leg that you put that nim oil. That cleared up that cut in two days
- "The poem is a symphony in which God is seen in all things. His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is, of course, profoundly sympathetic to the theme. He brings to it a special interpretative insight"
- Then they will say, "Well, you are proselytizing by rice"
- There are so many children in the world that are suffering
- There are too many sections of religion, Hindu religion
- There was some trouble with your movement in America recently
- There's Muslims who go to the mosque in the morning just here. There's a mosque here, very big mosque. They go to the mosque for the five o'clock prayer and they come and have a wash
- There's some connection still. When the soul is..., when the body..., when you are dreaming, and the soul leaves the body, but still there must be some connection between the soul...
- These books are very revolutionary. You are very strong. You have put everything in a very clear-cut, strong words. You have attacked everyone who is not Krsna conscious, as fools and rascals
- They are advertising that "These Hindus, they are so fool, they are worshiping an animal, a cow"
- They are preparing for installation of Radha-Krsna on September lst, (Radha-Gopinath) and otherwise the sankirtana is distributing Bhagavad-gitas, about fifteen hundred a week
- They have fashioned a way for the spacemen that they can drink their own urine and eat their own stool
- They may say that we have arbitrarily given some specific duties to different people
- They must be punished, with such rogues and thieves. That is stated in the Bhagavatam. It is nature's punishment
- This is the neighborhood. It is a very rich neighborhood, Prabhupada. Very wealthy. This is the most wealthy neighborhood, practically all of America. The builders are putting up houses all in here, just like that house over there
- We are about to install your murti in that temple
- We were afraid that if we were to publish a picture that is not correct
- When you originally were speaking about Vrndavana, you mentioned that Vrndavana would be a place for those people who have become a little disturbed in KC, or burned out, we call it, from so much activity, that he comes here and gets rejuvenated here
- Whenever the Congress tries to pass a law to control the purchasing of guns, it is always defeated. They want the people to be able to have guns. They make a lot of money, also, selling guns
- Whenever they make some report about India, they always make some joke about how the people will think the animals are sacred and how this is actually the real problem
- Yes, they're getting pinched. You have really come as an aggressor, Prabhupada. (Prabhupada laughs) Actually I think we are the most dangerous revolutionaries in the whole world
- You are the greatest teacher in recorded history, Prabhupada, because your movement is so well founded in these books, more so than any religious teacher-Muhammad, Buddha, Jesus Christ. Your movement is perfectly founded even during your own lifetime
- You are the sun, Srila Prabhupada. We are just reflecting your light
- You call that Krsna. But God is God. God's name is God, not Krsna. You may call Him Krsna if you want
- You have done something very extraordinary
- You have given the analogy that when a person turns his back to the sun he creates his shadow. And as he turns towards the sun the shadow disappears
- You know how to spread Krsna consciousness; therefore I follow. I don't even know what Krsna is. I'm just trying to follow. Therefore that will be successful
- You say or members of the society say that "I am not this body," and in Christianity this is my body and this is my blood
- You were saying that by intelligence one can just accept what the father says will be good for him and he'll do it, but most people have such a bad experience in the material world, they get cheated so often...
- You've given all the major policies for the future government, Krsna consciousness government