Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
paramahamsa | paramahamsas
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Devotees of God Are Paramahamsas (2 P)
Pages in category "Paramahamsa"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- A paramahamsa accepts only the active principle of everything; just as a swan accepts only the milk from a mixture of water & milk, he accepts only the Supreme Personality of Godhead as his life and soul, neglecting all external, material things
- A paramahamsa accepts only the association of pure devotees and rejects others, who are too much materially addicted
- A paramahamsa has no program for sense gratification; he is interested only in satisfying the senses of the Lord
- A paramahamsa is one who does not live in the material world and who does not envy others
- A paramahamsa like Madhavendra Puri is always satisfied in the loving service of the Lord. Material hunger and thirst cannot impede his activities
- A paramahamsa, or pure devotee, is never attracted by hatha-yoga or speculative knowledge. He is simply interested in the unalloyed devotional service of the Lord
- A person who can draw out the spiritual portion from this material world and who can live alone, depending only on the Supreme Spirit, not on the material world, is called a paramahamsa
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti, there are two classes of paramahamsas, namely the brahmanandis (impersonalists) and the premanandis (devotees), and both are awarded their desired destinations, although the premanandis are more fortunate
- Actually Bharata Maharaja in his birth as Jada Bharata was completely liberated from material dualities. He was a paramahamsa and therefore did not care for bodily comfort
- Advaita Acarya said, "You are a reject paramahamsa, and You have accepted the renounced order of life just to fill up Your belly. I can understand that Your business is to give trouble to brahmanas"
- After Kavi, Mahavira and Savana were completely trained in the paramahamsa stage of life, Maharaja Priyavrata ruled the universe for eleven arbudas of years
- Although King Rahugana had insulted him, he was a great paramahamsa. Being a Vaisnava, he was naturally very kindhearted, and he therefore told the King about the constitutional position of the soul
- Although most wise, the paramahamsa should enjoy life like a child, oblivious to honor and dishonor
- Amongst various holy names of the Lord, He is also called ajita, or one who can never be conquered by anyone else. Yet He can be conquered by the paramahamsa path, as practically realized and shown by the great spiritual master Brahma
- As soon as you become a rascal - "Now I have become advanced. I don't require to chant sixteen rounds. I can do whatever I like" - then he has gone to hell. Upstart, immediately he becomes paramahamsa. He's a rascal
- Bali said, "My only ambition is that I may live alone just like the paramahamsas who travel alone here and there in great peace of mind, depending simply upon Your (Krsna) lotus feet"
- Because Madhavendra Puri was a senior sannyasi Vaisnava, a paramahamsa, the priest immediately fell flat before him and offered obeisances
- By following in the footsteps of the great acaryas, one associates with the hamsas or paramahamsas, those who are completely freed from material contamination
- By spiritual contact with the Lord, everything becomes spiritually reddened like the conchshell in the grip of the Lord, and the paramahamsa, or the supremely intelligent person, plays the part of the ducking swan in the water of spiritual bliss
- Do not be paramahamsa that now I haven't got to hear Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita. Don't be a better paramahamsa than your Guru Maharaja. I go and sit and I enjoy the lectures and how they are performing kirtana. So as I am doing, you must also do
- Don't become paramahamsa immediately. Paramahamsa is the last stage of sannyasa. First stage is kuticaka. Then second stage is bahudaka. And third stage is parivrajakacarya, and fourth stage is paramahamsa. Therefore paramahamsa stage is the topmost
- Following in the footsteps of Lord Brahma, any person, even up to this day, can attain the same perfection by following the path of the paramahamsa
- From this introductory sloka, the beginning student should know that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the only transcendental literature meant for those who are paramahamsas and completely freed from the material disease called malice
- He accepts only the milk, not the water. Similarly, this whole world is mixture of spirit and matter, so he rejects matter; he takes only spirit. That is paramahamsa
- He is the guru, or spiritual master, for the entire world, a devotee on the topmost platform, the maha-bhagavata stage, and a paramahamsa-thakura, a spiritual form only fit to be addressed as paramahamsa or thakura
- He is the only worshipable Deity for the paramahamsas, who have attained the highest stage of the fourth order (sannyasa). May that Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Caitanya, show us His great causeless mercy
- He is the spiritual master of all paramahamsas, who are the most exalted human beings, and He is the master of the self-realized. Let me offer my repeated obeisances at His lotus feet
- I am accepting this dress following the footprints of other acaryas. This dress was accepted by Rupa Gosvami, not ordinary person. The six Gosvamis, they accepted. It is called paramahamsa stage, sannyasi's highest stage
- In Caitanya-caritamrta you'll find the Vaisnava is paramahamsa. Vaisnava has no saffron cloth. Vaisnava is white cloth because Vaisnava is paramahamsa, above. But we don't claim the position of Vaisnava. We want to remain servant of Vaisnava
- In our disciplic line we have the example of a perfect householder paramahamsa - Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- In that holy place (where the River Sindhu meets the sea), the Haryasvas began regularly touching the lake's waters and bathing in them. Gradually becoming very much purified, they became inclined toward the activities of paramahamsas
- Krsna consciousness movement is meant for the paramo nirmatsaranam those who are not envious. How they can be envious? Paramahamsa, one who has understood what is this creation, who is the creator, what are these living entities
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to create a population of paramahamsa. That is our propaganda. We are not trying to create a class of men like crows or cats and dogs, but like the hamsas
- Krte means satya-yuga. People were very restrained, all paramahamsas. In those days it was possible to meditate
- Kumaras said "How wonderful it is that although we are completely liberated, free from desire and situated at the stage of paramahamsa, we are still aspiring to taste the pastimes of Radha and Krsna"
- Married couples should be paramahamsas
- Minimizing their bodily wants as far as possible, they (the six Gosvamis) each accepted only a loincloth and a begging bowl
- My dear servants, bring to me for punishment only persons who are averse to the taste of that honey, who do not associate with paramahamsas and who are attached to family life and worldly enjoyment, which form the path to hell
- Mystic yogis remarks, "Actually, when we see this eternal form of Visnu, we, along with many other paramahamsas, become immediately captivated by the beauty of the Lord"
- O My sons, you should accept a highly elevated paramahamsa, a spiritually advanced spiritual master. In this way, you should place your faith and love in Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- O SPG, the best of all persons to whom prayers are offered, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because without rendering six kinds of devotional service unto You - who can achieve that which is meant for the paramahamsas?
- Om Visnupada Paramahamsa Parivrajakacarya Astottara-sata Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada
- One should not be jealous, whether he is born in a family of gosvamis or has the title of gosvami awarded to him. As soon as anyone becomes envious, he falls from the platform of paramahamsa
- Paramahamsa devotee
- Paramahamsa means without any... What is that dirty thing? The dirty thing is to have any slight desire for enjoying this material body. That is called dirty thing
- Paramahamsas are exalted persons who have no taste for material enjoyment and who drink the honey of the Lord's lotus feet
- Practically, if I remained at Radha-Damodara temple becoming a paramahamsa, then how this institution would have come into existence? That is a fact
- Sri Krsna is always meditated upon by the paramahamsas, those who are most perfect in the renounced order of life
- Sri Krsna is always meditated upon by the paramahamsas, who are the perfected ones among those in the renounced order of life
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the only transcendental literature meant for those who are paramahamsas and completely freed from the material disease called malice
- The Mayavadi impersonalist sannyasis cannot attain the paramahamsa stage. This is because of their impersonal conception of the Absolute Truth
- The monist is not counted amongst the paramahamsas (the most perfect of the renounced order of life)
- The paramahamsa is called vijita-sad-guna. He must conquer the six material qualities - kama, krodha, lobha, moha, matsarya and ksudha-trsna (lust, anger, greed, illusion, enviousness and hunger and thirst)
- The paramahamsas are compared to royal swans who make their nests on the petals of the lotus flower. The Lord's transcendental bodily parts are always compared to the lotus flower because in the material world the lotus flower is the last word in beauty
- The personified Vedas continued, "Pure devotees seek only the association of paramahamsas, or great liberated devotees, so that they can continuously hear and chant about Your glories"
- The process of bhakti is understood by the paramahamsa, one who has accepted the essence of everything. The results of bhakti are reserved for such a paramahamsa, and this stage cannot be obtained by any Vedic process other than devotional service
- The sannyasa stage has got four stages: kuticaka, bahudaka, parivrajakacarya and paramahamsa
- The sannyasa stage is the preparatory stage of paramahamsa, or the first-grade devotee of the Lord
- The spiritual master is generally called gosani, and thakura is used to address the paramahamsas, those in the topmost rank of spirituality
- The spiritual master who is fully surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead and has no business other than the Lord’s service is called the best of the paramahamsas
- The word paramahamsa means "the supreme swan"
- There are many hippie groups at the present moment, but they all originated from King Arhat, who imitated the activities of Lord Rsabhadeva
- There is an intimate relationship between the swan and the lotus stem. So the comparison is very appropriate: without becoming a swan, or paramahamsa, one cannot enter into the network stem of the lotus feet of the Lord
- Therefore what is that paramahamsa stage? That is nairgunya-stha ramante sma gunanukathane hareh. His only business is to glorify Krsna. He does not do that... Not that "I have become paramahamsa. Let me eat and sleep." No
- These imitative sahajiyas are cheated and unfortunate. They are not equal to advanced devotees (paramahamsas). Debauchees and paramahamsas are not on the same level
- This advanced stage is called the paramahamsa stage, and once it is obtained, both husband and wife can be actually liberated from bodily consciousness
- This Krsna consciousness movement is a transcendental science, and there is no room for jealousy. This movement is meant for the paramahamsas who are completely free from all jealousy (paramam nirmatsaranam)
- This subject matter (Lord's rasa dance) is highly spiritual, and only the liberated persons who have gradually attained to the stage of paramahamsa can transcendentally relish this rasa dance
- Those who accept the service of the Lord instead of maya's service are called the paramahamsas
- Three among these ten - namely Kavi, Mahavira and Savana - lived in complete celibacy. Thus trained in brahmacari life from the beginning of childhood, they were very conversant with the highest perfection, known as the paramahamsa-asrama
- To indicate that everyone should take sannyasa at the end of life in order to engage fully in the service of the Lord, even paramahamsas like Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His confidential devotees follow the regulative principles unfailingly
- We have to become swans, raja-hamsa , paramahamsa , paramahamsa . Paramo nirmatsaranam. Then you can understand Krsna consciousness. If you remain crows, then you cannot, that is not possible
- We have to maintain two lines parallel; namely the path of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the path of Pancaratriki. Srimad-Bhagavatam is the path for Paramahamsas, and Pancaratra path is for the neophytes
- When one achieves the paramahamsa platform, he is no longer under the regulative principles of the Vedic injunctions
- When sannyasi is more practiced, he becomes a preacher, parivrajakacarya, goes from country to country, state to state, for preaching. And after preaching, when the preaching is advanced to some extent, then he sits down in a place as paramahamsa
- When the rice thrown by Nityananda Prabhu touched His body, Advaita Acarya thought Himself purified by the touch of remnants thrown by Paramahamsa Nityananda. Therefore He began dancing
- When there is sufficient sunshine, the mind remains clear and transparent - in other words, the sun-god helps the mind of the living entity to become situated on the platform of paramahamsa
- Without undergoing the different stages of realization set forth in the Vedas, one can be lifted immediately to the position of paramahamsa simply by agreeing to receive this message (of Srimad-Bhagavatam)