Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Orders of the Spiritual Master
"my spiritual master order"|"my spiritual master ordered"|"order of My spiritual master"|"order of a spiritual master"|"order of the spiritual master"|"ordered by his spiritual master"|"ordered by my spiritual master"|"ordered by the spiritual master"|"ordered by the spiritual master"|"orders of My spiritual master"|"orders of a spiritual master"|"orders of the spiritual master"|"spiritual master order"|"spiritual master ordered"|"spiritual master orders"|"spiritual master's order"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Orders of the Spiritual Master"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.
- A brahmacari should accept prasada upon the order of the spiritual master, and if the spiritual master sometimes forgets to order the disciple to eat, the disciple should not take prasada on his own initiative; rather, he should fast
- A disciple means who voluntarily agrees to be disciplined by the spiritual master. When one becomes disciple, he cannot disobey the order of the spiritual master
- A disciple should always meditate on the order of the spiritual master, and that is perfectional meditation. Not only should he meditate upon that order, but he should find out the means by which he can perfectly worship and execute it
- A servant is always ready to receive the order of the master. That is faithful servant. That is real servant. Not that at night duty he is sleeping somewhere. No. That is not faithful servant. Faithful servant means always alert
- A spiritual atmosphere can be maintained only by living in a society of devotees and by serving the orders of the acaryas
- A spiritual master knows very well how to engage each disciple in a particular duty, but if a disciple, thinking himself more advanced than his spiritual master, gives up his orders and acts independently, he checks his own spiritual progress
- After being initiated and receiving the orders of the spiritual master, the disciple should unhesitatingly think about the instructions or orders of the spiritual master and should not allow himself to be disturbed by anything else
- After receiving an order from the spiritual master, one must strictly try to execute the order. That is the way of success
- Among these sons, Prsadhra, following the order of his spiritual master, was engaged as a protector of cows. He would stand all night with a sword to give the cows protection
- As a man cannot separate his life from his body, a disciple cannot separate the order of the spiritual master from his life. If a disciple follows the instruction of the spiritual master in that way, he is sure to become perfect
- As such, it is not befitting that the guru's servant should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I do
- Bhakti-lata, the devotional service, the seed of devotional service, can be received by the parampara system through bona fide spiritual master. And if we abide by the orders of spiritual master faithfully, then Krsna becomes pleased
- Brahma praises Kardama because he carried out the orders of the spiritual master in toto and without cheating
- Brahmacari has no connection with worldly affairs. He's simply interested with the order of the spiritual master
- By the order of the spiritual master they immediately rise, and after finishing their morning duties they sit down to study the Vedas or chant Vedic mantras
- Dhruva Maharaja attained this perfection not by acting hastily, but by patiently executing the order of his spiritual master, and therefore he became so successful that he saw the Lord face to face
- Disciple must consider himself completely unaware of the science of Krsna and must always be ready to carry out the orders of the spiritual master to become competent in Krsna consciousness. A disciple should remain a fool before his spiritual master
- Especially for spiritual advancement, one should carry out the bona fide order of the spiritual master. By the parampara system, one can thus be endowed with the original spiritual power coming from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Everything is sufficiently provided by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. A real brahmana, therefore, does not endeavor for material perfection; rather, he approaches a bona fide spiritual master to accept orders from him
- I am the servant of Isvara Puri. My name is Govinda, and following the orders of my spiritual master, I have come here
- If one abides by the orders of the spiritual master, by the grace of Krsna he is freed from service to the mind
- If one carries out the order of the spiritual master by disciplic succession, or the parampara system, he overcomes the four defects
- If the conditioned soul engages in the service of the Lord and simultaneously carries out the orders of his spiritual master and serves him, he can get out of the clutches of maya and become eligible for shelter at Krsna's lotus feet
- If the spiritual master's orders allow a grhastha to engage in sex life at a particular time, then the grhastha may do so; otherwise, if the spiritual master orders against it, the grhastha should abstain
- In the beginning, by the order of his spiritual master, one rises early in the morning and offers arati, but then he develops real attachment
- It is not befitting that the guru's servant (Govinda dasa) should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I (Lord Caitanya) do?
- Marshal Arjuna surrendered himself as the disciple of Sri Krsna, for a disciple cannot disobey the orders of his spiritual master. That is the relationship between a disciple and his master
- Materially, prescribed duties are duties enjoined according to one's psychophysical condition, under the spell of the modes of material nature. Spiritual duties are as ordered by the spiritual master for the transcendental service of Krsna
- On hearing the sound of the torrential rains, the frogs come out of the mountain caves and begin to chant, like brahmacaris who chant the Vedic hymns by the order of the spiritual master
- One cannot attain perfection without smearing the dust from the lotus feet of an exalted devotee on his head. If one always follows the orders of the spiritual master, there is no question of falling down
- One has to follow these different regulative principles by the order of the spiritual master or on the strength of authoritative scriptures, and there can be no question of refusal. That is called vaidhi, or regulated
- One should not deviate from or surpass the instructions of the spiritual master. One should not be simply intent on consulting books but should simultaneously execute the spiritual master's order
- One should serve the words of the spiritual master. The disciple must stick to whatever the spiritual master orders. Simply by following on that line, one sees the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Order of Krsna comes through disciplic succession from the bona fide spiritual master. Therefore the spiritual master's order should be taken as the prime duty of life
- Sadhana-siddha refers to one who has become a devotee by regular execution of the regulative principles mentioned in the sastras, as ordered and directed by the spiritual master
- Sagara Maharaja, following the order of his spiritual master, Aurva, did not kill the uncivilized men like the Talajanghas, Yavanas, Sakas, Haihayas and Barbaras
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "The order of the spiritual master is very strong and cannot be disobeyed. That is the injunction of the sastras, the revealed scriptures"
- Sisya says, "My dear guru, if I do not eat meat and fish, my health will fail." "All right, I order you. Under my order you can do that." This kind of compromise from guru is not there. That is not guru
- Sometimes the father and the spiritual master may be the same man, and sometimes they are different men. In any case, the order of the father or the order of the spiritual master must be carried out without hesitation, with an immediate yes
- The best process for advancing in devotional service is to abide by the orders of the spiritual master, for only by his direction can one conquer the senses
- The body should be engaged in physical activity under the order of the master, the mind should think of Krsna incessantly, and one's words should be engaged in preaching the glories of the Lord
- The brahmacari should live under the care of the true spiritual master, giving him sincere respect and obeisances, acting as his menial servant, and always carrying out his order
- The brahmana replied, "I am illiterate and therefore do not know the meaning of the words. Sometimes I read the Bhagavad-gita correctly and sometimes incorrectly, but in any case I am doing this in compliance with the orders of my spiritual master"
- The conclusion is that we should always keep company with devotees, observe the regulative devotional principles, follow in the footsteps of the acaryas and in full obedience carry out the orders of the spiritual master
- The disciple must vow that he will no longer commit sinful activity - namely illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. He promises to execute the order of the spiritual master
- The disciple should not consider whether he is going back home, back to Godhead; his first business should be to execute the order of his spiritual master
- The duty of a great devotee is to carry out the order of the spiritual master, or the spiritual master of the spiritual master in the parampara system
- The grhastha is allowed to indulge in sex life during the period favorable for procreation and in accordance with the spiritual master's order
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: (3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master. (4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version
- The order of the spiritual master is the active principle in spiritual life. Anyone who disobeys the order of the spiritual master immediately becomes useless
- The spiritual master initiates the disciple to deliver him, and if the disciple executes the order of the spiritual master and does not offend other Vaisnavas, his path is clear
- There are two kinds of ruler or controller. One is the government, and the other is the teacher. Or guru means spiritual master. Spiritual master can control. The disciples obey the order of the spiritual master out of love
- There need be no anxiety over attaining perfection because if one follows the instruction given by the spiritual master he is sure to attain perfection. Our only concern should be how to execute the order of the spiritual master
- Thereafter, the prostitute distributed to the brahmanas whatever household possessions she had, following the order of her spiritual master
- This consciousness is firmly developed by a devotee who has rendered loving service unto the Lord by carrying out the orders of the spiritual master
- Those neophyte devotees who are actually initiated by the bona fide spiritual master and are seriously engaged in carrying out the orders of the spiritual master should be offered respectful obeisances
- We can go on arguing for days together, but there is no decision. That is friendly talk. But when there is talk between a master and disciple, there is no question of arguing. The disciple has to accept what is ordered by the master
- When Laksmana, the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra, heard of this, He immediately engaged Himself in the service of His elder brother and accepted His orders. The order of the spiritual master must be obeyed without consideration
- When one's desire to love Krsna in his particular relationship becomes intensified, this is known as pure love of Godhead. In the beginning a devotee is engaged in the regulative principles of devotional service by the order of his spiritual master
- When there is no attachment or no spontaneous loving service to the Lord, one is engaged in the Lord's service simply out of obedience to the spiritual master's order or in pursuance of the scriptures, such obligatory service is called vaidhi-bhakti