Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Nine Processes of Devotional Service
"nine processes of devotional service"|"nine items of devotional service"|"nine principles of devotional service"|"nine methods of devotional service"|"nine types of devotional service"|"nine elements of devotional service"|"nine kinds of devotional service"|"nine stages of devotional service"|"nine varieties of devotional service"|"nine forms of devotional service"|"nine limbs of devotional service"|"nine ways of devotional service"|"nine different processes of devotional service"|"nine different modes of devotional service"|"nine different kinds of devotional service"|"nine different activities of devotional service"|"nine standard modes of devotional service"|"nine different forms of devotional service"|"Nine different types of devotional service"|"nine different transcendental means of devotional service"|"nine kinds of different occupation of devotional service"|"nine processes one can follow in the execution of devotional service"
There are nine items of devotional service:
- śravaṇaṁ kīrtanaṁ viṣṇoḥ
- smaraṇaṁ pāda-sevanam
- arcanaṁ vandanaṁ dāsyaṁ
- sakhyam ātma-nivedanam
- (SB 7.5.23)
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Receive by Hearing - videos (45 P)
- ► Chanting (35 C, 478 P)
- ► Executing the Orders (dasyam) (25 P)
- ► Worshiping - Arcanam (1 C, 53 P)
Pages in category "Nine Processes of Devotional Service"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- A householder should endeavor to earn money for the execution of bhakti-yoga-sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam pada-sevanam/ arcanam vandanam dasyam sakhyam atma-nivedanam
- According to the regulative principles, there are nine departmental activities, as described above, and one should specifically engage himself in the type of devotional service for which he has a natural aptitude
- Actually, KC can be based simply on hearing, chanting, remembering, etc. Described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam are nine different processes, besides which everything done is unfavorable to KC. Thus, one should always be guarding against falldowns
- Among the ways of executing devotional service, the nine prescribed methods are the best, for these processes have great potency to deliver Krsna and ecstatic love for Him
- Any one of the nine processes of devotional service or all of them are equally competent to award the desired result
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part two - Abhilasa means aspiration, hope, or ambition. He (Govinda dasa) is ambitious of becoming a devotee in nine different ways
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati explains the nine processes of devotional service
- By practicing even one of the nine processes of devotional service, one can become successful
- Devahuti said to her son, "My dear Lord, there are nine different kinds of devotional service, beginning from hearing and chanting"
- Devahuti said to kapiladeva, "Anyone who hears about Your pastimes, who chants about Your glories, who offers You obeisances, who thinks of You and, in this way, executes any of the nine kinds of devotional service"
- Of the nine different items of bhakti-yoga, the first and foremost is to chant and hear about the Lord
- Of the nine processes of devotional service, the most important is to always chant the holy name of the Lord. If one does so, avoiding the ten kinds of offenses, one very easily obtains the most valuable love of Godhead
- Of the nine types of devotional service, only seven were immediately given. The balance, friendship and surrendering everything, were to be developed later
- One totally manifests his original love of Godhead through devotional service in nine different ways - hearing, chanting and so forth
- One who has dedicated his life to the service of Krsna through these nine methods should be understood to be the most learned person, for he has acquired complete knowledge
- Out of all the nine different methods, the first one, namely hearing, is the most important function in the process of bhakti-yoga. Without hearing sufficiently and properly, no one can make any progress by any of the methods of practice
- Out of these nine methods, all the nine, or eight, seven, six, even one. If you engage yourself. Just like Maharaja Pariksit, he engaged himself simply for hearing. He become perfect. Simply by hearing Bhagavata from Sukadeva Gosvami
- Take to this Krsna consciousness service by hearing, by speaking, by remembering, by giving actually service, by worshiping, by making friendship, and after all, everything for Krsna. That is perfection
- The cult of Krsna consciousness, based on the nine principles of devotional service will never be stopped. It will go on without distinction of caste, creed, color or country. No one can check it
- The devotional service of the Lord consists of nine principles of service activities, and they are: hearing, chanting, remembering, serving the lotus feet, worshiping, praying, executing the orders, fraternizing, and fully surrendering
- The most intelligent devotees do not take to any means of self-realization except devotional service and constant engagement in the nine different processes of devotional life, especially hearing and chanting
- The nine different modes of devotional service, such as hearing, chanting and remembering, are the beginning of the process
- The nine forms of devotional service are sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam pada-sevanam arcanam vandanam dasyam sakhyam atma-nivedanam
- The revealed scriptures mention nine means of attaining devotional service, of which the first and foremost is hearing from authority
- The transcendental service of the Lord begins gradually developing into nine progressive stages of loving service under the headings of attachment, love, affection, feelings, affinity, adherence, following, ecstasy, and intense feelings of separation
- There are many devotees who execute only one of the nine processes of devotional service. Nonetheless, they get ultimate success. Devotees like Maharaja Ambarisa execute all nine items, and they also get ultimate success
- There are nine different kinds of devotional service, which are listed as hearing, chanting, remembering, serving, worshiping the Deity in the temple, praying, carrying out orders, serving Him as a friend and sacrificing everything for Him
- There are nine different kinds of devotional service. Devotional service to Krsna in feelings of separation elevates the devotee to the highest perfectional level, to the level of the gopis
- There are nine different methods of cultivating devotional service such as hearing, chanting, remembering, etc, and all these processes are employed in the first stage of devotional service
- There are nine different processes of bhakti-yoga. Any one of them you adopt, you become perfect, not that you have to adopt nine. If you can, it is very nice
- There are nine transcendental processes, such as hearing and chanting, and by performing such easy and natural devotional services the devotees achieve the highest perfectional results, far, far superior to merging into the existence of Brahman
- There are ten meanings for the word 'bhakti' ('devotional service'). One is sadhana-bhakti, execution of devotional service according to the regulative principles, and the other nine are varieties of prema-bhakti, ecstatic love of Godhead
- This process entails always considering oneself the eternal servant of Krsna, making friends with Him and dedicating everything unto Him. These nine items of devotional service, when directly offered to Krsna, constitute the highest attainment of life
- When continuous love of Godhead is mixed with the processes of devotional service, it is called vibhava, anubhava, sattvika and vyabhicari. The devotee thus enjoys a variety of transcendental bliss
- When one comes to the platform of loving service to Lord Krsna by executing these nine processes, beginning with hearing and chanting, he has attained the fifth platform of success and the limit of life's goals
- When one engages himself in the nine processes of devotional service, one's heart becomes purified, and he immediately understands his relationship with Krsna