Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"neophyte devotee" | "neophyte devotees" | "devotees who are neophyte"
Pages in category "Neophyte Devotee"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Generally the great acaryas who preach devotional service all over the world belong to the category of sakhyam atma-nivedanam. A neophyte devotee cannot actually become a preacher
- Generally, neophyte devotees are anxious to see Krsna, or God, but God cannot be seen or known by our present materially blunt senses
- He (a materialistic devotee) is to be considered on the material platform, although he is trying to advance in devotional service. Such a person is a bhakta-praya (neophyte devotee), or bhaktabhasa, for he is a little enlightened by Vaisnava philosophy
- He would go to all the Vaisnavas born in brahmana families, be they neophyte or advanced devotees, and present them with gifts of first-class eatables
- I am dealing with these foreign students and teaching them to become Krishna devotees, and some of them being neophytes may sometimes commit some offense
- I am pleased to note that you are asking very intelligent questions. That is natural position for the neophyte devotee who is sincerely seeking to understand what is the Absolute Truth
- I beg their (the neophyte devotees - the devotees who are very expert in arguing though they have no sense of advanced devotional service, who think themselves very advanced because they imitate some smarta-brahmana) pardon with great humility
- I worship herewith the lotus feet of all kinds of devotees, both advanced and neophyte. I request all of them to be satisfied with me
- In that association (of pure devotees), the neophyte devotees must render loving service physically and mentally without reservation
- In the beginning of our spiritual life we must worship Madana-mohana so that He may attract us and nullify our attachment for material sense gratification. This relationship with Madana-mohana is necessary for neophyte devotees
- In the Padma Purana there is the story of a neophyte devotee who, in order to raise himself to the ecstatic platform, danced all night to invoke the Lord's grace upon him
- Lord (Krsna) does not offer opulences to His devotee unless the devotee is thoroughly tested. Rather, if a neophyte devotee serves the Lord very sincerely and at the same time wants material opulence, the Lord keeps him from obtaining it
- Lord Krsna said, "Persons who are neophytes in devotional service and who simply offer their respectful obeisances to the Deity in the temple but cannot realize that the Lord is situated in everyone’s heart"
- One should, therefore, seek the association of such pure unalloyed devotees, and by such association and service a neophyte devotee will certainly develop attachment, love and devotion for the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One whose faith is not very strong, who is just beginning, should be considered a neophyte devotee
- The neophyte devotee has no ability to approach the Absolute Personality of Godhead by the strength of his present imperfect material senses, and therefore under the direction of the spiritual master he is trained in transcendental service of the Lord
- The neophyte devotee, instead of jumping at once to the platform of transcendental pastimes presented by the internal energy of the Lord, may know how great the Supreme Lord is by inquiring about the process of His creative energy
- The neophyte devotees are classified into four groups - the distressed, those in need of money, the inquisitive and the wise - according to their gradations of pious activities
- The senses are very strong, and if a neophyte devotee imitates Haridasa Thakura, his enemies (kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya) will disturb and fatigue him
- The special mercy of the Lord for the neophyte devotee is that he becomes materially poor
- The spiritual master knows how to regulate the habits of a neophyte disciple, and therefore a serious student must learn the science in all its aspects from him
- This practice (regulative principles of vaidhi-bhakti) can help the neophyte devotee to rise to the stage of raga-bhakti, in which the Lord responds from within as the caitya-guru, or the spiritual master as Superconsciousness
- This specific example is given for the neophyte devotees just to convince them that material hankerings and spiritual advancement go ill together
- We may tell any damn thing to induce people to give us money on Krsna's behalf, that is not the point. The point is that by saying lies, the less advanced neophyte devotees may become entangled or disturbed in their minds by it
- When a neophyte devotee is actually initiated and engaged in devotional service by the orders of the spiritual master, he should be accepted immediately as a bona fide Vaisnava, and obeisances should be offered unto him
- When he (a neophyte devotee) becomes firmly fixed in such devotional service, that assured status becomes a confidential part of his devotional service
- When one (neophyte devotee) is promoted to the next platform of transcendental consciousness, one can understand the importance of mahatmas and devotees, and in that stage one tries to please them
- When one is devotee, he'll chant more and more. He'll aspire, "If I could get millions of tongues and trillions of ear, then I could finish." That is devotee. And one is thinking how to finish it by chanting once, he's not devotee. That is neophyte stage
- When the neophyte devotee accepts a pure devotee as his spiritual master, the duty of the spiritual master is to train the neophyte in the principles of regulated devotional service, or vaidhi-bhakti
- Which leads him (the neophyte devotee) ultimately to get free from perpetual inhabitation in the material worlds and to be promoted to the transcendental world to become one of the liberated associates of the Lord in the kingdom of God