Category:Mercy of God
"mercy of God" | "god's mercy"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Mercy of God"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- A devotee who has received even a small fraction of the mercy of the Lord can understand Him. Others may engage in theoretical speculation to understand the Lord, but they cannot know anything about Him
- A devotee will not depend on his material resources but on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who can give real protection
- A fully Krsna conscious person is not at all disturbed by the onslaughts of the threefold miseries, for he accepts all miseries as the mercy of the Lord, thinking himself only worthy of more trouble due to his past misdeeds
- A pure brahmana voluntarily accepts a life of poverty and lives in complete dependence on the mercy of the Lord
- A pure devotee never wants to see the Lord unnecessarily. The Lord is engaged in various activities, and the pure devotee does not want to see Him whimsically, for his own sense gratification. The pure devotee simply depends on the Lord's mercy
- A spiritual master will say, "I am servant of God. I have brought His mercy. Please take it and be satisfied"
- Actually there is no bondage or misery for the living entity, nor does he ever lose his pure knowledge. In his pure consciousness, when he thinks seriously about his position, he can understand that he is eternally subordinate to the mercy of the Supreme
- All those who followed the principles of King Rantideva were totally favored by his mercy and became pure devotees, attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana. Thus they all became the best of yogis
- Although the one embryo was cut into forty-nine pieces by the thunderbolt of Indra, they were all saved by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Any one who accepts this philosophy of God's Mercy in suffering conditions, and still makes progress in Krishna Consciousness, it is said that he is sure to go back to Home, Back to Godhead
- Asuras are gradually rectified to God consciousness by the mercy of the Lord's liberated servitors in different countries according to the supreme will. Such devotees of God are very confidential associates of the Lord
- Brahma was saved by the mercy of the Lord with a little punishment, but by the grace of the Lord he did not lose his prestige as the great Brahma
- By executing the regulative principles of devotional service, one can fully appreciate the transcendental beauty of the Lord. In any case, such exalted positions are only possible by the extraordinary mercy of the Lord upon the devotee
- By His divine grace only one can approach the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna, and thus Sri Balarama is the mercy incarnation of the Lord, manifested as the spiritual master, the savior of the pure devotees
- By praying, it is expected that one should have mercy of God. So what is the test that he has got the mercy of God?
- By the grace of the spiritual master the cloud of the mercy of the Personality of Godhead is brought in, and then only, when the rains of Krsna consciousness fall, can the fire of material existence be extinguished
- By the mercy of the arca-vigraha, the form of the Lord in material elements, the devotees who are in the material world can easily approach the Lord, although He is not conceivable by the material senses
- By the mercy of the Lord even a layman can compose prayers of the highest spiritual perfection. Such spiritual perfection is not limited by material qualifications but is developed by dint of one's sincere endeavor to render transcendental service
- By the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the son of Yuvanasva was so powerful that when he became emperor he ruled the entire world, consisting of seven islands, without any second ruler
- By the torch of knowledge, one immediately understands everything properly by the special mercy of the Supreme Lord and becomes self-realized
- Devotees are often tortured by nondevotees, yet the pure devotee, depending fully on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is never disturbed by such inimical activities
- Due to his being especially gifted with the Lord's mercy, Bharata Maharaja could remember the incidents of his past life
- Endowed with the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the spiritual master distributes the mercy to those who are elevated and pious
- Even you produce from your land, that is also God's mercy, because for agriculture, for example, if there is no rain, you cannot produce anything. Now, rain, you have no control over rain
- Everywhere Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went, His influence astonished everyone. He next arrived at the temple of Pana-nrsimha. The Lord is so merciful
- Favorable servitors are devotees of the Lord, and by the grace of the Lord they can enter into the mysterious region of transcendence by the mercy of the Lord
- For this reason, my dear boy, you should not endeavor for this; it will not be successful. It is better that you go home. When you are grown up, by the mercy of the Lord you will get a chance for these mystic performances
- God is unlimited, and your speculative power is limited. So you cannot understand God without the mercy of God
- God's mercy is shown to the asuras if they are fortunate enough to be killed by Him
- Gopinatha Acarya continued, "One can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead only by His mercy, not by guesswork or hypothesis"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Knowledge of the summum bonum, the Absolute Truth, is evidence of the mercy of the Supreme Lord"
- Gratitude for the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is one of the qualities of brahmanas and Vaisnavas
- He is such a great personality that by His mercy He can convert even the meat-eaters (mlecchas) to the devotional service of Krsna. Who, therefore, can estimate the power of His Vaisnavism
- How, then, is it wonderful that the Maruts, although born from the womb of Diti, became equal to the demigods by the mercy of the Supreme Lord?
- I am human being, I have got developed consciousness. I must feel grateful for God's mercy and offer my gratitude. That is my duty
- I have been engaged in the service of Laksmi-Narayana, and it is due to Their mercy that I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- If cats and dogs can live at the mercy of God, the devotees can live very comfortably by the mercy of God. There is no such question
- If you at the time of death think of that, how to swim very nicely within the water, that means next life nature will give you a fish life. You get it. That is God's mercy. Why you artificially try to become a fish? You become actually fish
- In all actions, the experienced guide, the spiritual master, who is the manifested mercy of the Lord, should always be consulted, and the path of progress will be assured
- In every respect, we are simply dependent on the mercy of God. So why not become directly dependent? That is intelligence
- In order to spiritually advance or to achieve the mercy of the Lord, one must be self-controlled in the following manner: he must be restrained in sense gratification and must follow the rules and regulations of religious principles
- In the Upanisads also it is confirmed that Vasudeva, the Personality of Godhead, is covered by the golden glowing hiranmayena patrena veil of impersonal Brahman, & when that curtain is removed by the mercy of the Lord the real face of the Absolute is seen
- Intelligence engaged in My devotion cannot be thwarted at any time. Even at the time of creation, as well as at the time of annihilation, your remembrance will continue by My mercy
- It is by the mercy of the Lord that one gets all material opulence, but if such material opulence causes one to become puffed up and forget the process of self-realization, the Lord certainly takes all the opulence away
- It is clearly stated that the demoniac people, life after life, are put into the wombs of similar demons, and, not achieving the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- It is not good to be falsely puffed up, saying that by one's own effort one has become opulent, learned, beautiful and so on. All such good fortune is achieved through the mercy of the Lord
- It is stated in the Vedic literatures, harim vina na mrtim taranti: without the mercy of the Lord, one cannot stop the cycle of birth and death
- It is the duty of the acarya to publish books that will help future candidates take up the method of service and become eligible to return home, back to Godhead, by the mercy of the Lord
- Maharaja Pariksit is especially famous as one who is protected by Visnu, and when he was unduly cursed by a brahmana's son, he could have invoked the mercy of the Lord to save him, but he did not want to because he was a pure devotee
- Material opulence is very flickering. Therefore it is simply a glimpse of the result of Your mercy
- Modern society even enables one to forget the Supreme Personality of Godhead's grace and mercy. Consequently modern civilized man is always unhappy and in need of things
- Mystics and transcendentalists, by the mercy of the Lord, cross beyond nescience by ceasing all material desires. It is not possible, therefore, that the Supreme Lord can be favored by others
- Narada implies that without the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead one cannot extricate himself from the fruitive activities that are under the jurisdiction of the Vedas
- No living entity is independent; all are dependent on the mercy of the Supreme Lord. Therefore the Vedic instruction is that one should enjoy life under the direction of the supreme leader, the Personality of Godhead
- No one can achieve wealth, opulence, good birth, a beautiful body or nice education without the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- Now you have decided to undertake the mystic process of meditation under the instruction of your mother, just to achieve the mercy of the Lord, but in my opinion such austerities are not possible for any ordinary man. It's difficult to satisfy the SPG
- Of course it is very difficult for the western people to understand this philosophy of being cent per cent dependent on the mercy of God. Therefore, the easiest method for us is to popularize the Sankirtana movement everywhere
- One can achieve the nucleus of the devotional service of the Lord by the mercy of the spiritual master and the Personality of Godhead. The spiritual master is the manifested representative of the Lord to help one achieve ultimate success
- One can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead when one is even slightly favored by Him; otherwise, without His mercy, a man may speculate for thousands of years and not understand what is actually the Absolute Truth
- One can, by the mercy of Godhead, pass the transcendental M.A. examination without even having passed the preliminary examinations. But this extraordinary mercy of Godhead is possible only by a confidential relationship with the Personality of Godhead
- One who can control his senses by practicing the regulated principles of freedom can obtain the complete mercy of the Lord and thus become free from all attachment and aversion. BG 2.64 - 1972
- Please (Lord Nrsimhadeva) appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world
- Prahlada said, "I am not proud of being able to offer prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I simply take shelter of the mercy of the Lord, for without devotion one cannot appease Him"
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Since all engagements are based on knowledge supplied by You (Visnu), the conditioned souls can execute pious activities only when You mercifully inspire them to do so'"
- Sanatana Gosvami had been a minister under Nawab Hussain Shah, and he was undoubtedly as intelligent as Brhaspati, the chief priest of the heavenly kingdom. Due to the Lord's unlimited mercy, Sanatana Gosvami questioned Him without hesitation
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "My dear Gopinatha Acarya, please speak with great care. What is the proof that you have received the mercy of the Lord"
- Simply by depending on the mercy of the Lord and carrying out the order of the spiritual master, ones success in spiritual life is guaranteed
- Somehow or other if one can please a pure devotee of the Lord, such action means immediate satisfaction of the Lord, even though such a person is not officially qualified to receive the mercy of the Lord
- Sometimes it appears that the devotee is put into some difficulty unreasonably, but the devotee does not take even this adverse circumstance as other that a manifestation of the Lord's Supreme Mercy
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You are a devotee. Because of your association, Lord Jagannatha has shown him mercy"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Both the S P of Godhead and My spiritual master, Isvara Puri, are completely independent. Therefore neither the mercy of the S P of Godhead nor that of Isvara Puri is subject to any Vedic rules and regulations"
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura said that by the mercy of the spiritual master one is blessed with the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- Sukadeva prays for the mercy of the Lord, not only for being helped personally in presenting the truth, but also for helping others to whom he would like to speak
- The beast, the birds, they cannot offer any gratitude. But I am human being, I have got developed consciousness. I must feel grateful for God's mercy and offer my gratitude. That is my duty
- The conditioned living entity has the defect of being always fearful, but simply by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he can rid himself of this defect of material life. Therefore the Lord alone can be addressed as master
- The fire can be extinguished only by the mercy of the Lord, who sends clouds to pour water on the forest. Similarly, undesirable happenings in life cannot be checked by any number of plans
- The gopis by their lusty desires, Kamsa by fear, Sisupala by envy, the Yadus by their familial relationship with Krsna, you Pandavas by your great affection for Krsna, and we the general devotees, by devotional service, have obtained the mercy of Krsna
- The idea that Lord Visnu is on the same level as the demigods is in contradiction to the sastras. The demigods are not supreme. The supremacy of the demigods is dependent on the mercy of Lord Narayana
- The impersonalist sometimes prays for the mercy of the Personality of Godhead Narayana as the embodiment of material goodness, but such prayers do not satisfy the Lord because He is not thereby glorified in terms of His actual transcendental qualities
- The Lord awards enjoyment to living entities in proportion to their qualifications, but good qualifications in themselves are not sufficient to enable one to receive awards. The mercy of the Lord is also required
- The Mayavadi philosophers say that simply by cultivation of knowledge by mental speculation, one can be liberated from the condition of material bondage. But here it is said one is liberated not by knowledge but by the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- The mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be obtained by the mercy of a pure devotee. Lord Caitanya's mercy was bestowed upon the Bhattacarya because of Gopinatha Acarya's endeavor
- The person entrusted with such a responsibility should always be aware of his incapability and must always look for the mercy of the Lord for the successful execution of his duty
- The question may be raised why the Lord, who is all-merciful, helps one to remember and another to forget. Actually, His mercy is not exhibited in partiality towards one and enmity towards another
- The Savalasvas took to the correct path, which is obtainable by a mode of life meant to achieve devotional service, or the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Like nights that have gone to the west, they have not returned even until now
- The special mercy of the Lord for the neophyte devotee is that he becomes materially poor
- The SPG did not award His mercy to Bali Maharaja by giving him material happiness and opulence, for these make one forget loving service to the Lord. The result of material opulence is that one can no longer absorb his mind in the SPG
- The Vedas are the source of all knowledge, and they were first revealed to Brahma by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead while Brahma was thinking of re-creating the material world
- There is not a single factory in the whole world which can manufacture wheats, rice, grains, or vegetables, or something like that. So we should consider it that these foodstuff which we eat daily, they are produced by God's mercy
- They will also be able to give Me presentations in devotion because of My mercy to you and them
- This conditional life is due to his forgetfulness of his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore, without the Lord's mercy, how can he again engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord?
- This transcendental, eternal form of Your personality can be understood only by Your mercy, through unflinching devotional service, by great sages whose hearts have been purified in the devotional way
- Those whose intelligence is fixed in the bodily conception, who think, "I am this body," are fit food for dogs and jackals. The Supreme Lord never bestows His mercy upon such people
- Thus, by the mercy of the Lord, who is situated in everyone's heart, one gradually develops his faith in the descriptions of such authoritative scriptures. This is the first stage of association with pure devotees
- To become successful in any attempt, one not only has to undergo severe penances and austerities, but also must be dependent on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Transcendental power is always superior to the power of the materialist. Depending on the mercy of the Supreme Lord, one must fight one's enemies even though one may not be equipped with modern weapons
- We should always acknowledge the mercy of God. We should not think that we can produce ample food grains merely with the help of tractors and fertilizers. These can help us only as instruments for such production
- We should know for certain that the Lord is the ultimate sanctioning officer, and we must therefore dedicate our attempts to the mercy of the Lord for ultimate success or to get rid of the obstacles on the path of success
- We should learn to dedicate our activities unto the mercy of the Lord and accept Him either as impersonal Brahman, localized Paramatma or the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We should live by the mercy of God and take only those things which are allotted to us according to our particular living condition. In this way, by not encroaching on another's property, one can enjoy life
- When one actually attains good qualities, becomes grateful for the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and takes shelter of a bona fide spiritual master, he is endowed with all opulence. Such a person is a brahmana or Vaisnava
- When such acknowledgement (no one can get nice facilities without mercy of God) is given, either by a family, nation or society, their abode becomes almost like Vaikuntha, and it becomes free from the operation of threefold miseries of this material world
- When we keep our association with Krishna every activity is proper and liberating but if we should dissociate ourselves from the Lord's Mercy then like a hand which is severed from the body we become ugly and useless
- Without the mercy of a devotee nobody can approach the Lord directly - and it is easier to get mercy of a devotee than to get mercy of the Lord. So therefore the most intelligent way of approaching God is to take shelter of a pure devotee
- Without the mercy of the Supreme Lord, such esoteric subjects are incomprehensible, even if one spends many years researching them
- Without this grace and mercy, one cannot compose transcendental literature. By dint of the grace of the Lord, however, even one who is unfit for a literary career can describe wonderful transcendental topics
- Yes, it is Bhagavan's special mercy upon me that I am getting such immense wealth. You will be pleased to know that my books are selling to the extent of one million of dollars per month
- You (Radharani) are My (Krsna's) most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You