Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
glory | gloried | glories
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Glories"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- A devotee made the following statement about the queens at Dvaraka: "How shall I describe the glories of the queens of Dvaraka who were personally engaged in the service of the Lord"
- A host of Gandharvas is always engaged in chanting the glories of Lord Ramacandra. That chanting is always extremely auspicious. Hanumanji and Arstisena, the chief person in Kimpurusa-varsa, constantly hear those glories with complete attention
- A vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man's glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey. Haridasa Pandita never found fault with a Vaisnava but considered only his good qualities
- Accepting very humble lives as mendicants, wearing no more than loincloths and torn quilts (kaupina-kantha), the six Gosvamis lived in Vrndavana and followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's order to excavate Vrndavana's lost glories
- According to this statement of the sastras, the glories of the holy name of Krsna are unlimited. Still I could not chant His holy name. Please hear the reason for this
- Also in that chapter, the glories of maha-prasadam are explained, and a verse is tasted describing the effect of nectar from the lips of Krsna
- Although Bali Maharaja was cheated (by Visnu), his reputation as a great devotee able to give anything and everything in charity is still glorified throughout the three worlds
- An expression of disappointment was made by Indra, the King of heaven. When he saw the sun-god, Indra told him, "My dear sun-god, your sunshine is very glorious because it reaches unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the master of the Yadu dynasty
- Another gopi spoke thus to her friends about Krsna: "Dear friend, our Vrndavana is proclaiming the glories of this entire earth because this planet is glorified by the lotus footprints of the son of Devaki"
- Anyone who is ordered by the Lord to perform some action in this material world, especially preaching His glories, cannot be counteracted by anyone; the will of the Lord is executed under all circumstances
- As the next result of the churning, the king of elephants, named Airavata, was generated. This elephant was white, and with its four tusks it defied the glories of Kailasa Mountain, the glorious abode of Lord Siva
- Because of her (Laksmi's) exquisite beauty, her bodily features, her youth, her complexion and her glories, everyone, including the demigods, the demons and the human beings, desired her. They were attracted because she is the source of all opulences
- Because of Sivananda Sena's glories, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate all kinds of prasadam to honor his request. However, the Lord ate more than necessary, and therefore His mind was dissatisfied
- By Your appearance, Lord Krsna's holy name also appeared, and at that time the glories of Krsna's name awoke in my heart
- Each and every branch of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees has unlimited spiritual power and glory. Even if one had thousands of mouths, it would be impossible to describe the limits of their activities
- Everyone has a combination of faults and glories. But a Vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man’s glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey
- Following the orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one who preaches the glories of the Lord all over the world or all over the universe should be humbler than grass and more tolerant than a tree because a preacher cannot live an easygoing life
- From historical reference it is so, but it can go still farther, and in that way India's glories will be magnified. But unfortunately, our leaders and government are callous. They do not know what is India's glory and how India's glory can be distributed
- From my childhood I have been collecting the glories of the holy name from revealed scriptures
- From these conclusions we can know the limit of the truth of Lord Nityananda. But what glory is there in calling Him Ananta?
- Haridasa Thakura told him, "There is no limit to your good fortune. No one can understand the glories of what you have described"
- He (Lord Caitanya) elevated Thakura Haridasa to the position of namacarya, or the authority in preaching the glories of the holy name of the Lord, although His Holiness Srila Haridasa Thakura was pleased to appear in a family of Mohammedans
- He (Prthu) prays to the S P of Godhead thusly, "My dear Lord, if after taking liberation I have no chance of hearing the glories of Your Lordship, glories chanted by pure devotees from the core of their hearts in praise of Your lotus feet"
- He (Sankarsana) is the shelter of everything. He is wonderful in every respect, and His opulences are infinite. Even Ananta cannot describe His glory
- I am very glad to learn that Brahmananda, Yourself and all others have the transcendental courage to take all risks for Krishna and this act will enhance your glory in Krishna consciousness
- I have described but a fragment of the glories of Haridasa Thakura. Hearing this satisfies the aural reception of every devotee
- If we are able to make a whole generation of our children into fine Krsna Conscious preachers, that will be the glory of our movement and the glory of your country as well
- If you can contribute this one son to Krishna for preaching His Glories, you will be doing the greatest service to your family, to your country, and to the people in general
- In five verses I have described the principle of Lord Nityananda. Then in the following two verses I describe the glories of Sri Advaita Acarya
- In former days Lord Siva and other demigods took shelter of the lotus feet of Sankarsana. Thus they immediately got free from the illusion of duality and achieved unequaled and unsurpassed glories in spiritual life
- In the Third Chapter is a description of the forceful glories of Haridasa Thakura. That chapter also mentions how Damodara Pandita spoke words of criticism to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In these six verses I have described the truth about Lord Caitanya, whereas in the next five I have described the glory of Lord Nityananda
- It also demonstrates the glories of holy places and shows how the Lord accepts His faithful devotee. Thus the Lord fulfilled five or seven purposes by performing one pastime
- It is a difficult position to attain, even for great sages and devotees like Narada. Thus there is no limit to the glory of Sri Radha-kunda
- It is a natural psychology in every individual case that a person likes to hear and enjoy his personal glories enumerated by others. That is a natural instinct
- It was mentioned in the assembly that Haridasa Thakura chanted the holy names of Krsna 300,000 times a day. Thus all the learned scholars began to discuss the glories of the holy name
- King Indra, being very pleased with Hariscandra, offered him a gift of a golden chariot. Sunahsepha's glories will be presented along with the description of the son of Visvamitra
- Krishna has given you some special talent and you are using it for spreading His glories. This is wanted
- Krsna-sakti vina nahe tara pravartana: unless one receives special power of attorney from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he cannot preach the glories of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Kunti said, "if such great sages, who are transcendental to all the reactions of material existence, are unable to know You, then as far as we are concerned, belonging to the less intelligent woman class, how is it possible for us to know Your glories"
- Lord Caitanya is the Supreme Absolute Truth. To call Him Ksirodakasayi Visnu does not add to His glory
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life"
- May Krishna bless you to improve more and more in writing the glories of our previous acaryas and the Lord. Be engaged in glorifying the parampara system and your life will be glorified automatically thousands of times
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- My mission is develop the glories of Srila Jiva Goswami all over the world and I think you should cooperate with my honest endeavour
- On an altar made of gems in the principal temple of Vrndavana, amidst a forest of desire trees, Lord Govinda, the son of the King of Vraja, sits upon a throne of gems and manifests His full glory and sweetness, thus enchanting the entire world
- Once when the Lord explained the glories of the holy name to the devotees, some ordinary students who heard Him fashioned their own interpretation
- One cannot explain the glories of the holy name of the Lord without being specifically empowered by Him
- One cannot understand the glories of the holy name simply by logic and argument. Therefore this man cannot possibly understand the glories of the holy name
- One householder devotee once said, "My Lord (Krsna), I am so wretched that these two eyes are never desiring to see the glorious city of Mathura. Therefore, my eyes are actually condemned"
- One should not criticize a preacher of the glories of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. If one does so, he is an offender
- One who has no compassion for humanity in its suffering and does not sacrifice his impermanent body for the higher causes of religious principles or eternal glory is certainly pitied even by the immovable beings
- Only those who render unreserved, uninterrupted, favorable service unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, who carries the wheel of the chariot in His hand, can know the creator of the universe in His full glory, power and transcendence
- Ramananda Raya said, "Now please recite the description of the glories of your worshipable Deity." Rupa Gosvami, however, hesitated due to embarrassment because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was present
- Real glory of mother Ganges is that she has grown from the lotus feet of Lord Visnu
- Rukmini and Satyabhama were co-wives, and because Krsna was husband of both, there naturally was some feminine envy between them. So when Satyabhama heard the glories of Rukmini, she was envious of her and thus became disappointed
- Self-realized saints and sages take such risks for the spiritual enlightenment of the people in general. They do not take vows of silence meant to win cheap glory from the ignorant mass of people
- Simply preaching, glorifying, or speaking about the Lord, that is also kirtana. And performing kirtana as we do here in the temple, with mrdanga and karatala, chanting, that is also kirtana
- Since the Lord is the Absolute, there is no distinction between Him and His glories
- Son and urine emanate from the same source - genitals. When a son is a devotee or a great learned person, the seminal discharge for begetting a son is successful, but if the son is unqualified and brings no glory to his family, he is no better than urine
- Spiritual glory
- Sri Advaita Acarya is indeed directly the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. His glory is beyond the conception of ordinary living beings
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy just to speak of the glories of His devotees. Indeed, when He spoke of their glories, it was as if He had five faces
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exhibited the glories of the holy name of the Lord through Haridasa Thakura, who was born in a Muslim family
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu honored Bhavananda Raya by saying, "The glories of a person who has a jewel of a son like Ramananda Raya cannot be described within this mortal world"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Ramananda Raya, "Out of all glorious activities, which is the most glorious?" Ramananda Raya replied, "That person who is reputed to be a devotee of Lord Krsna enjoys the utmost fame and glory"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Vasudeva Datta and began to speak of his glories as if He had a thousand mouths
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, 1968 - Glories to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years together. Thus the fire of conditioned life, of repeated birth and death is extinguished
- Srila Rupa Goswami, assisted by all other Goswamis have left immense literature for singing about the glories of Govinda. Whatever literature we are presenting, following the footsteps of Rupa Goswami and the others, they are also Govinda Ganamrta
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the name, fame and qualities of Lord Krsna. The glories of Lord Krsna's name, fame and qualities are always inundating Her speech
- Sukadeva Goswami was blackish and very beautiful due to his youth. Because of the glamor of his body and his attractive smiles, he was pleasing to women. Though he tried to cover his natural glories, the great sages honored him by rising from their seats
- That chapter also describes how Svarupa Damodara Gosvami rejected the drama of a poet from Bengal and established the glories of the Deity
- The Absolute Truth is described in the Upanisads and Brahma-sutra, but one must understand the verses as they are. That is the supreme glory in understanding
- The attraction of Radha-kunda is as sweet as that of Srimati Radharani. Similarly, the glories of the kunda (lake) are as great as Srimati Radharani's
- The first business of the gopis is to chant the glories of both the hero and the heroine. Their second business is to gradually create a situation in which the hero may be attracted to the heroine and vice versa
- The following offenses are listed: (i) to spit while worshiping the Deity, (j) to advertise one's glory while worshiping the Deity, (k) to apply tilaka to one's forehead in a curved way, (l) to enter the temple without having washed one's feet
- The glories and pastimes which are broadcast by the instrument of Narada are also transcendental, without a tinge of material inebriety
- The glories of Lord Gopala, who is merciful to brahmanas, are very great. The narration of Saksi-gopala was spoken by Nityananda Prabhu and heard by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The glories of Lord Nityananda's transcendental attributes are unfathomable. Even Lord Sesa, with His thousands of mouths, cannot find their limit
- The glories of Sri Advaita Acarya are boundless, for His sincere vibrations brought about Lord Caitanya's descent upon this earth
- The glories of Vrindaban and Mathura are magnified by these two Sampradayas (Vallabha & Gaudiya) and the undersigned as an humble servant of all Vaisnavas, has tried his best to render it into elaborate English version for its publicity all over the world
- The glory and attributes of Advaita Acarya are unlimited. How can the insignificant living entities fathom them?
- The goddess of fortune always chants the glories of Pradyumna in the place known as Ilavrta-varsa, and she always serves Him with great devotion
- The gopis prayed to Krsna, "Dear Krsna, from Your navel emanated the original lotus flower, which is the birthsite of Brahma, the creator. No one can estimate Your glories or Your opulence, which therefore remain always a mystery"
- The highest perfectional gain of humanity is to engage in discussions of the activities and glories of the Pious Actor
- The Lord's inconceivable potency that descends to bless us with spiritual perfection shows the magnitude and glory of His potencies
- The Mayavada philosophy is so degraded that it has taken the insignificant living entities to be the Lord, the Supreme Truth, thus covering the glory and supremacy of the Absolute Truth with monism
- The ocean of Lord Nityananda's glories is infinite and unfathomable. Only by His mercy can I touch even a drop of it
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, anyone who by Your grace has understood the glories of Your lotus feet is callous to material happiness and distress"
- The real glory of mother Ganges is that she has grown from the lotus feet of Lord Visnu. Such a hypothesis is another ornament, called anumana
- The religious practice for the Age of Kali is to broadcast the glories of the holy name. Only for this purpose has the Lord, in a yellow color, descended as Lord Caitanya
- The second part (of the Brhad-bhagavatamrta) describes the glories of the spiritual world, known as Goloka-mahatmya-nirupana, as well as the process of renunciation of the material world
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, is always unlimited, and His glories cannot be completely enumerated by anyone, even by a personality like Lord Brahma
- The Third Chapter also tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered everyone by bestowing upon the universe the holy name of the Lord, and it describes how Haridasa Thakura established the glories of the holy name by his practical example
- There is no profit in denying the supremacy of the Lord, who is the controller of all energies, but one should be constitutionally situated in one's own glory, namely to be situated in the pure consciousness of being the eternal servitor of the Lord
- There is no scripture equal to the Brahma-samhita as far as the final spiritual conclusion is concerned. Indeed, that scripture is the supreme revelation of the glories of Lord Govinda, for it reveals the topmost knowledge about Him
- There Narada addresses King Yudhisthira while the King is appreciating the glories of the character of Prahlada Maharaj. A devotee always appreciates the activities of other devotees
- Therefore I desire to hear your skill in composing poetry. We could hear this if you would mercifully describe the glory of mother Ganges
- Thinking of You as my friend, I have rashly addressed You "O Krsna," "O Yadava," "O my friend," not knowing Your glories. Please forgive whatever I may have done in madness or in love
- This chapter describes the glories of Bharata-varsa, and it also describes how Lord Ramacandra is being worshiped in the tract of land known as Kimpurusa-varsa
- This is the main thing - to always be anxious how to spread the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission
- Those who are conquered by lusty desires and anger cannot estimate the glories of Lord Siva, whose position is always transcendental
- Though Sukadeva Gosvami tried to cover his natural glories, the great sages present there were all expert in the art of physiognomy, and so they honored him by rising from their seats
- Thus there is no one within these three worlds - save for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu - who is always so willing to increase the glories of the devotees and give them satisfaction
- To consider the chanting of Hare Krsna as one of the auspicious ritualistic activities which are offered in the Vedas as fruitive activities (karma-kanda). 9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name
- We are strictly personalists. The sahajiya's, they write Glories to Guru. Why you are learning this impersonalism, who has taught you?
- We should always appreciate the creative energy of the Supreme Lord. Beautiful nature, even though material and therefore temporary, is always full of the glories of the creator
- When the transcendental name is worshiped by the devotee, the name Himself spreads His glories within the heart of a devotee
- While drinking this natural beverage (Varuni), all the gopis chanted the glories of Lord Balarama, and Lord Balarama felt very happy, as if He had become intoxicated by drinking that Varuni beverage
- Who can describe the unlimited glories of Advaita Acarya? I write here as much as I have known from great authorities
- Without even removing His garments, Lord Caitanya took a bath in the Ganges with His companions. There He explained the glories of devotional service
- You are always broadcasting the glories of the Sankirtana movement in the shape of ISKCONs book distribution and surely you will be recognized by Lord Caitanya for your unbounded enthusiasm and expertise
- Your glories are as fathomless as millions of oceans and seas. Speaking of its measure is a great offense indeed
- Your role in this incarnation is to deliver the people in general. You have sufficiently preached the glories of the holy name in this world