Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Duty Of The Devotee
"devotee's duty" |"devotees’ giving up their promised duties." |"duties of a devotee" |"duty of a devotee" |"duty of devotee" |"duty of devotees" |"duty of the devotee" |"duty of the devotees" |"duty of the soldier, the devotee"
Pages in category "Duty Of The Devotee"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- A devotee should also perform the duties of his practical life in Krsna consciousness
- A devotee's duty is to ungrudgingly accept tribulations from the Lord as a benediction
- A pure devotee of the Lord is exactly in a family tie with the Lord, and therefore he is undeterred in discharging his duty in a full affectionate tie with the Lord
- An advanced devotee has no desire to enjoy or reject anything. His only duty is to accept whatever is favorable for the advancement of Krsna consciousness
- Sad-dharma, or duty performed for going back to Godhead and thus becoming His (Krsna's) unalloyed devotee, is the only pious activity; all others may pretend to be pious, but actually they are not
- Sri Krsna put to test many of His pure devotees just to magnify the sense of duty. The gopis were put to such tests as well. Prahlada Maharaja also was put to such a test. All pure devotees come out successful in the respective tests
- The Lord in His form of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted the cult of devotional service to the Lord to be preached all over the world, in every nook and corner, and therefore a pure devotee's duty is to discharge this order as far as possible
- The Lord is very kind to His devotees, and He is very grateful, able and magnanimous. It is our duty to believe His words, and if we are intelligent and educated enough, we will follow His instructions without hesitation
- The pure devotee is not at all attached to improving his social status or improving the status of education of his children. He is not neglectful - he is dutiful - but he does not spend too much time on the upliftment of temporary household or social life
- The Vaisnava devotees, they are not very much anxious to see God. They know, "Why God shall come to me? He is so busy, He has got so many business. Let me do my duty"
- When householder devotees perform some Vedic ritualistic duties, they do so to satisfy Krsna. As we have previously discussed, any activity aiming at satisfying the Supreme Personality of Godhead is considered devotional service
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead reveals Himself to the pure devotee, the devotee has no other duty than to offer Him respectful obeisances. The Absolute Truth reveals Himself to the devotee in His form. He is not formless