Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
disobey | disobeyed | disobeying | disobeys
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Disobey"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A disciple means who voluntarily agrees to be disciplined by the spiritual master. When one becomes disciple, he cannot disobey the order of the spiritual master
- Advanced devotee never disobey or disrespect another devotee. Disrespect to another devotee is a great offense. Vaisnava aparadha
- Although Garuda was not under anyone’s order, being the carrier of Lord Visnu, he did not disobey the order of the great yogi. Instead of staying and eating many fish, he carried off one big fish, who was their leader
- Anyone who is in this material world, he is supposed to be atheist. Just like the government gets together all the criminals in the prison house, similarly, those who are disobedient to the laws of the Supreme Lord, they are sent into this material world
- At the present moment it has become fashionable to disobey the unimpeachable directions given by the acaryas and liberated souls of the past
- I never criticized church, mosque, never. Because whatever it may be, at least there is God consciousness. So they're good. I criticize only these rascals, disobey the commandments
- If one derides a devotee for his accidental falldown, then one is disobeying the order of the Supreme Lord. The only qualification of a devotee is to be unflinchingly and exclusively engaged in devotional service
- If the police do not allow you to perform kirtana in public places, do not disobey their orders. Try to abide by the law of the state for taking advantage of performing kirtana as far as possible
- Isvara is situated in everyone's heart as Paramatma, and He's giving us good counsel. We are not abiding by that. We are disobeying. Therefore we are suffering
- It is not that I disobey my real Spiritual Master and call someone else as Spiritual Master. That is wrong
- Maharaja Priyavrata would not have to fight, for simply because of his strong determination, they dared not disobey the rules and regulations of varnasrama-dharma
- Maharaja Prthu was an unrivaled king and possessed the scepter for ruling all the seven islands on the surface of the globe. No one could disobey his irrevocable orders but the saintly persons
- Marshal Arjuna surrendered himself as the disciple of Sri Krsna, for a disciple cannot disobey the orders of his spiritual master. That is the relationship between a disciple and his master
- My point is that even if somebody does not go in one line with the rest of the godbrothers, he can remain separately, but it does not mean that he may disobey the principles that I have laid down
- Persons of normal mental condition must obey the scriptural injunctions. Those who are not in such a position neglect and disobey the scriptures and manufacture their own way of austerities and penances
- Prthu replied: My dear earth, you have disobeyed my orders and rulings. In the form of a demigod you accepted your share of the yajnas we performed, but in return you have not produced sufficient food grains. For this reason I must kill you
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Due to their (the living entities) own faults they imitate You (Visnu) by trying to become the supreme enjoyer. Thus they disobey Your supremacy and become offenders'"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "The order of the spiritual master is very strong and cannot be disobeyed. That is the injunction of the sastras, the revealed scriptures"
- Sisya means under the order, regulation. A person cannot disobey the order of guru. Then he is sisya. If he argues, he's not sisya
- That tolerant attitude must be there to a certain extent, but we must remain also always firm on this point, that the brahmacaris living in the temple shall not disobey the orders of the spiritual master
- The Buddhists have the courage to deny the Vedas directly, but the so-called followers of the Vedas have no courage to deny the Vedas, although indirectly they disobey all the injunctions of the Vedas. Lord Caitanya condemned this
- The Kauravas, Dhrtarastra's sons, lost the war because of being sinful in disobeying the instructions of Krsna
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: (3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master. (4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version
- The order of the spiritual master is the active principle in spiritual life. Anyone who disobeys the order of the spiritual master immediately becomes useless
- The root of sin is deliberate disobedience of the laws of nature through disregarding the proprietorship of the Lord. Disobeying the laws of nature or the order of the Lord brings ruin to a human being
- The word askhalita indicates that orders by the king could not be disobeyed by anyone in the entire world. Such orders, however, were never issued to control saintly persons or the descendants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- Then neglecting the orders of the spiritual master. The beginning of initiation is to voluntarily accept the spiritual master. To abide by his order. So, if you disobey his order, then it is offense. This is fourth offense
- Those who disobey their fathers on material grounds, however, are surely subjected to disciplinary reaction for such disobedience
- Though some might think Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura disobeyed his guru's order, he preached not only in Calcutta but in other capitals of Kali-yuga
- We advise everyone to address one another as Prabhu. Prabhu means master, so how the master should be disobeyed? Others, they are also pure devotees. All of my disciples are pure devotees
- We have come to this material world, disobeying the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We must adopt civil disobedience. There is no other, second way. "Capriciously you cannot impose anything against the law, against the judgment. If you do, then we shall also disobey." That should be the last resolve
- Yamuna prayed, "My dear Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are full with six opulences. Because I forgot Your omnipotence, I have mistakenly disobeyed Your order, and thus I have become a great offender"
- Yes, Giriraja is to be regarded as the absolute authority in all matters. Why do you disobey? Of course, everything should be departmentally managed, but unless there is discipline how will anything get done?
- You cannot disobey the previous acarya or guru. No. You have to repeat the same thing. Not research