Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Bhakta"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- A bhagavad-bhakta shall never be aprasanna, not joyful. Always joyful. If he is actually in contact with Krsna, how he can become morose? No. If he is morose, if he is unhappy, that means maya has attacked him
- A bhakta always wants to retain his individuality in order to render service to the Lord. Indeed, he considers promotion to the upper planetary systems to be no better than a will-o'-the-wisp
- A bhakta has to become purified. Tat-paratvena, being dovetailed with the service of tat, om tat sat. Tat-param. This is the process of devotional service. One should not be designated "I am this," "I am that," "I am that." No. The world should unite
- A bhakta is never unsuccessful
- Actually a mukta, or liberated soul, is he who understands his constitutional position as an eternal servant of the Lord. Such liberated souls engage with faith and devotion in the service of the Lord, and they are called krsna-bhaktas
- Although karmis and bhaktas may work in the same place, at the same time, with the same energy and with the same ambition, they achieve different results
- Bhakta vatsala, or the lover of His devotee
- Bhakta will create Vrndavana
- Bhaktas are not ajnani
- Bhaktas can capture Krsna simply by love and affection. This is the example shown here by mother Yasoda
- Bhaktas, they think, tat te 'nukampam susamiksamano bhunjana evatma-krtam vipakam. When a devotee is in trouble, he thinks that "I am suffering for my past deeds" That is a devotee's attitude. "Let me do my business, chant Hare Krsna"
- For a bhakta to become attached to family affairs is impossible, since a bhakta and his associates are liberated. Everyone is searching after ananda, or bliss, but in the material world there can never be any bliss
- For a devotee, kaivalya-sukha, or merging into the existence of the Lord, is hellish because the bhakta considers it suicidal to lose his individuality and merge into the effulgence of Brahman
- I have accepted Bhakta Wayne and Bhakta Rod as my firstly initiated disciples. Their names are as follows: Venugopala and Ramasaran. Also I have accepted Antaratma dasa, Ramai dasa, Gunavati dasi, and Camari dasi as duly initiated brahmanas
- If a bhakta is not completely perfect he takes birth in the material world again, but in a very exalted position, either in a rich family or a family of the purest brahmanas, just to finish his development in spiritual consciousness
- If dharma means the order of God, then what is God's order? That "You become My devotee." Man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namas
- If Krsna is attached to something, then he becomes attached. If Krsna is detached to something, he becomes detached. That is bhakta's principle. Personally he is neutral
- If you commit sinful activities willingly, daily, then you'll be punished. That is laws of nature. Even if you are bhakta. You'll be given chance, but you'll have to be punished. So therefore we must be very careful
- In terms of a labor of love and its returns, the bhaktas, or devotees of the Lord, always have priority over persons who are addicted to the association of jnanis, or impersonalists, and yogis, or mystics
- In the fifth Sandarbha there are discussions of how one can be liberated even in this life (jivan-mukta), Lord Siva as a devotee, and how a bhakta and his devotional service are eternally existing
- It is good to hold more classes with the bhaktas, but they should all be on the basis of our books. You should not go beyond the jurisdiction of our teaching
- Krsna actually appears for the deliverance of the sadhus, or bhaktas, but by killing the demons He shows them mercy also, for anyone killed by Krsna is liberated. Whether the Lord kills or gives protection, He is kind to both the demons and the devotee
- Krsna is so kind that He fulfilled the desires of the karmis and jnanis, not to speak of the bhaktas
- Since Bhagavad-gita is being presented as it is, within four years there are hundreds and thousands of Krsna-bhaktas. That is our point, that you present the thing as it is, without any adulteration
- Sisupala, however, was neither a jnani nor a bhakta, yet simply by envy of the Lord he attained an exalted position by merging into the Lord's body. Certainly this was astonishing
- Somebody is saying that in the Bhagavad-gita there is karma only recommended. Somebody says jnana. Somebody says yoga. Somebody says bhakti. But actually Bhagavad-gita is meant for bhaktas
- Sometimes the Vaisnavas also observe this ceremony because they accept Lord Siva as the foremost Vaisnava. But the function of Siva-ratri is not observed very regularly by the bhaktas, or devotees of Krsna
- The bhakta's achievement is never destroyed, for it goes on perpetually, be it complete or incomplete. This is the verdict of all Vedic literatures
- The bhaktas know that the Supreme Person has no material form, whereas the jnanis simply deny the material form. One should therefore take shelter of the bhakti-marga, the path of devotion; then everything will be clear
- The entire world is active, and this includes the karmis, the jnanis, the yogis and the bhaktas. However, all activities except those of the bhaktas, the devotees, end in bafflement and a waste of time and energy
- The jnanis want to see Him to become one with Him, and the yogis want to see Him partially represented within their heart as Paramatma, but the bhaktas, or the devotees, want to see Him in His complete perfection
- The jnanis, they want brahma satyam jagan mithya - detachment. But bhakta, without any endeavor, because he develops attachment for Krsna, he automatically gives up attachment for this material world
- The liberation of the bhakta, therefore, which is called not just mukti but vimukti, surpasses the five other kinds of liberation-sayujya, sarupya, salokya, sarsti and samipya
- The original bhakta-avatara is Sankarsana. Sri Advaita is counted among such incarnations
- The scriptures call them incarnations as devotees (bhakta-avatara). The position of being such an incarnation is above all others
- The senses are compared to poisonous snakes, but the senses of a bhakta engaged in the service of the Lord are like snakes with their poisonous fangs removed
- There are also different types of bhaktas, or devotees, on the platforms of neutrality, servitude, friendship, parenthood and conjugal love
- There are also gradations of devotees, who are calculated as greater or lesser. When a devotee is great he is called prabhu, and when he is lesser he is called bhakta, or a devotee
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- This temple means to practice how to think of Krsna's lotus feet, Balarama's lotus feet, always. Man-mana bhava mad-bhaktah. Immediately you become bhakta. And as soon as you become a bhakta all kinds of disturbances will be subsided
- Those songs are for siddha bhaktas, not for us who are sadha bhaktas or learning bhaktas. Lord Caitanya never divulged in public, he enjoyed them in the company of his selected three or four devotees
- We are using mrdanga, karatala, that is enough. We are not musicians. We are Krsna bhaktas. Therefore we do not stress so much importance on these different musical talents
- When a devotee is great he is called prabhu, and when he is lesser he is called bhakta, or a devotee
- When Krsna says this, man-mana bhava mad-bhaktah: "You just surrender unto Me; become My bhakta," how you can say, "It is not to Krsna." This is not nonsense?
- When Krsna says, man-mana bhava mad-bhaktah: "You just surrender unto Me; become My bhakta," how you can say, "It isn’t to Krsna."This is not nonsense?
- You will find many so-called bhaktas crying, falling down on the ground. But immediately after, he is smoking bidi. So why this is going on? Because they do not follow the injunction of Srila Rupa Gosvami
- Your choice, make your choice, which way. Again death or deathlessness. Stop death from you. This is human life. The karmis, jnanis, yogis, they're trying for death. There will be death. But for the bhaktas, devotees, there is deathlessness