Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Accept a Guru
"accept a guru" |"accept guru" |"accept the guru" |"accepted a guru" |"accepted guru" |"accepted the guru" |"accepting a guru" |"accepting guru" |"accepting the guru" |"accepts a guru" |"accepts guru" |"accepts the guru"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Accept a Guru"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- First beginning of Vaisnava life is to accept guru, spiritual master, then other things. Because who will teach you?
- First thing is, first business, is to accept a bona fide guru. Otherwise there is no devotion. It is simply false imitation. This is the injunction of Rupa Gosvami in Bhakti-rasamrta sindhu
- Guru does not accept, although he is worshiped like Krsna, he never accepts that "I am Krsna." That is our parampara system. Sisya has to accept guru as Krsna, but guru will never accept that he is Krsna. This is our relationship
- Guru means, accept guru means, "Whatever you say, I will accept." That is guru. Otherwise friendly talk. Friendly talk will not do. To accept guru means "Now I accept you, guru, my instructor, without any argument," and that is acceptance
- I accept a guru, but in my mind I remain independent, "Oh, why shall I abide by the orders of guru?" That means there is no surrender. There is no surrender. It is false. It is just to satisfy some motive, but that will not help
- If you think that you know better than Krsna or Krsna's representative, the guru, there is no necessity of accepting guru. Do not keep a guru as a pet dog
- O demigods, I instruct you to approach Visvarupa, the son of Tvasta, and accept him as your guru. He is a pure and very powerful brahmana undergoing austerity and penances
- Of course, it is not possible to take the shelter of Krsna directly. That is not possible. May be possible by Krsna's special mercy, but general process is you have to go through the mercy or process of accepting a guru
- One who is inquisitive to know about the prime benefit of life, for him there is need of accepting a guru
- The conditioned soul, being wrapped in ignorance and therefore not knowing the goal of life, accepts a guru who can juggle words and make some display of magic that is wonderful to a fool
- The materialistic persons, they are after blessing for some material benefit. They are not after Krsna. That is another offense. Therefore to go to guru or to accept a guru, there should not be any material purpose
- The process is before accepting a guru, one must hear him at least for one year
- The process is, as recommended by Srila Rupa Gosvami, adau gurvasrayam. You must select, you must accept the guru who's coming in parampara system
- The rules and regulation are that nobody should accept blindly any guru, and nobody should blindly accept any disciple. They must behave, one another, at least for one year
- There are two, not alone. So you cannot alone think of tat knowledge. You have to surrender to somebody. That is the process
- To accept guru means to inquire from him about the Absolute Truth
- To enter into the spiritual life, first thing is first of all to accept a guru
- We cannot accept any rascal to become guru. Guru must be in the parampara system. He is receiving the knowledge directly from God, Krsna
- We have to accept a guru from the disciplic succession which is called parampara, guru-parampara. Then we can understand what is Krsna. Otherwise not. Now so many people are explaining Bhagavad-gita
- We should receive knowledge by the bona fide, parampara system. Otherwise it may be bogus. Because without parampara system, we cannot understand actual fact. And we have to become in the disciplic succession. We must accept a guru
- We sometimes accept one guru. But why should we accept guru? What is the necessity of accepting guru? This is the necessity for tattva-jijnasa, for inquiring about the Absolute Truth
- When guru speaks, you cannot argue. That is not the process. You should accept a guru who is infallible. Otherwise it is useless. He accepted guru Krsna because Krsna is infallible