Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"accept disciples"| "accepts disciples"| "accepting disciples"| "accept a disciple"|"accepts a disciple"| "accepts his disciple"| "accepted disciples"| "accepted a disciple"| "accepted as a disciple"| "accept a bona fide disciple"| "accepted him as disciple"| "accept him as a disciple"| "accept him as his disciple"| "accept as a disciple"| "accepted him as his disciple"| "accept a disciple"| "accepting a disciple"| "accept many disciples"| "accept any disciple"| "accepted some disciples"| "accepted me as his disciple"| "accepts charge of disciples"| "accept any disciples"| accepted many thousands of disciples"| "accepted me as a disciple"| "accept somebody as disciple"|"accepted me as a disciple"| "accept this boy as disciple"| "accept you as my disciple"| "accepted as our disciples"
- VedaBase query: "accept* disciple*" or "accept * disciple*" or "accept* * * disciple*" or "accept* * * * disciple*"
Pages in category "Accept Disciples"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- A devotee sometimes accepts a sinful person as his disciple, and to counteract the sinful reactions he accepts from the disciple, he has to see a bad dream
- According to Jiva Gosvami, a preacher has to accept many disciples to expand the cult of Sri Caitanya. This is risky because when a spiritual master accepts a disciple, he naturally accepts the disciple's sinful activities and their reactions
- According to Vedic principle, without becoming a brahmana he cannot be accepted as disciple
- After taking sannyasa I was more engaged in writing my books without any attempt to construct temples or to make disciples like my Godbrothers. I was not very much interested in these matters because my Guru Maharaja liked very much publication of books
- If a so-called spiritual master accepts a disciple for his personal benefit or for material gain, the relationship between the spiritual master and the disciple turns into a material affair, and the spiritual master becomes like a smarta-guru
- It is best not to accept any disciples. One has to become purified at home by chanting the Hare Krsna and preaching the principles enunciated by Sri Caitanya. Thus one can become a spiritual master and be freed from the contamination of material life
- One should not try to be an artificially advanced devotee, thinking "I am a first-class devotee, so it is best not to accept any disciples." Such thinking should be avoided
- One who accepts a visayi disciple is not a bona fide spiritual master. Even if he is, his position may be damaged due to association with an unscrupulous visayi
- So far as your taking initiation from Brahmananda Maharaja, I have no objection, but it is the etiquette that in the presence of one's Spiritual Master, one does not accept disciples
- Sometime ago you asked my permission for accepting some disciples, now the time is approaching very soon when you will have many disciples by your strong preaching work
- Sometimes a spiritual master takes the risk of being overwhelmed by the sinful reactions of the disciples and undergoes a sort of tribulation due to their acceptance
- Sometimes the spiritual master, after accepting a disciple, must take charge of that disciple's past sinful activities and, being overloaded, must sometimes suffer - if not fully, then partially - for the sinful acts of the disciple
- Sri Narada Muni, the supreme spiritual master, is testing Dhruva Maharaja to see how determined he is to prosecute devotional service. This is the process of accepting a disciple
- Thakura Saranga dasa was not accepting disciples, but he was repeatedly being inspired from within by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to do so
- The bona fide spiritual master who accepts disciples from all over the world is also worshiped all over the world because of his qualities
- The institution of varna and asrama prescribes many regulative duties to be observed by its followers. Such duties enjoin that a candidate willing to study the Vedas must approach a bona fide spiritual master and request acceptance as his disciple
- The poor spiritual master is kind and merciful enough to accept a disciple and suffer for that disciple's sinful activities, but Krsna, being merciful to His servant, neutralizes the reactions of sinful deeds for the servant who engages in preaching
- The rules and regulation are that nobody should accept blindly any guru, and nobody should blindly accept any disciple. They must behave, one another, at least for one year
- The second-class devotee accepts disciples from the section of third-class devotees or nondevotees. Sometimes the first-class devotee also comes down to the category of the second-class devotee for preaching work
- The spiritual master must not accept a disciple who is not qualified; he should not be professional and should not accept disciples for monetary gains
- To accept disciples means to take up the responsibility of absorbing the sinful reaction of life of the disciple