Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Yellow Garments (44 P)
Pages in category "Yellow"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.
- After the damsels of the heavenly planets bathe in the water, it becomes yellowish and fragrant due to the kunkuma from their bodies. Thus the elephants come to bathe there with their wives, the she-elephants, and they also drink the water
- All the cows, bulls and calves were smeared with a mixture of oil and turmeric and painted with minerals like red oxide, yellow clay and manganese. They wore garlands of peacock feathers and were covered with nice colored cloths and gold necklaces
- Amongst the well-wisher friends, Mandalibhadra and Balabhadra are the chiefs. Mandalibhadra is described as follows: his complexion is yellowish, and his dress is very attractive
- As for the ointment on His (Krsna's) body, the pulp of sandalwood generally appeared to be white, and when it was mixed with saffron dye it appeared to be yellow
- As soon as you get this body, you'll suffer, either white body or black body or yellow body. It doesn't matter. Either man's body or animal's body, as soon as you get this body, you must suffer. This is the punishment of nature
- Datyatreya, Prthu and Dhanvantari are yellowish; Lord Buddha is flesh colored; Yajna is bluish; Mohini is extraordinarily beautiful woman. There is no comparison to her beauty, so much so that Lord Siva is captivated by her beauty
- Devotional service can be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color. The colors are white, multicolored, orange, red, light green, gray, yellow, off-whitish, smoky, pink, black and cloudy
- Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color. The colors are white, multicolored, orange, red, light green, grey, yellow, off-whitish, smoky, pink, black and cloudy
- Garga Muni informed Nanda Maharaja, "This child (Krsna) has taken different bodily complexions in different yugas (millennia). First of all He assumed the color white, then the color red, & then the color yellow, and now He has assumed the color black"
- Gold is actually a type of stool. A person with a bad liver generally passes yellow stool. The color of this stool attracts a materialistic person, just as the will-o'-the-wisp attracts one who needs heat
- He (Krsna) has tasted that love while hiding His own dark complexion with Her effulgent yellow color. May that Lord Caitanya confer upon us His grace
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) was adorned with a girdle that shone brightly on the yellow cloth covering His large hips, and He wore a garland of fresh flowers which was distinguished by humming bees
- He (Visnu) was adorned with a girdle that shone brightly on the yellow cloth covering His large hips, and He wore a garland of fresh flowers which was distinguished by humming bees
- He has tasted that love while hiding His own dark complexion with Her effulgent yellow color. May that Lord Caitanya confer upon us His grace
- His complexion is certainly not blackish. Indeed, His not being blackish indicates that His complexion is yellow
- Householders may wear dhotis in the Temple, or as they like, but not of the saffron color. They may wear white, yellow, or whatever. Outside the Temple they may wear American gentleman's dress, with Tilaka, flag, and beads
- I suggested that a little chemical composition may be made by the scientists with some yellow color, and why not put this artificial egg in an incubator and get more and more chickens
- In the Dvapara-yuga the Personality of Godhead appears in a blackish hue. He is dressed in yellow, He holds His own weapons, and He is decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and marks of Srivatsa. This is how His symptoms are described
- In the Dvapara-yuga, Lord Krsna in black color appeared, and in the Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya in yellow color appeared
- In the past, your son has had bodies of three different colors, according to the age. These colors were white, red and yellow. In this age (Dvapara-yuga) He has accepted a blackish body
- Inhabitants of Vrndavana say, "He (Krsna) holds His wonderful flute in His lotus hands. He is dressed in yellow silks and bedecked with a peacock feather on His head"
- It is said in the Vedas that the digested foods are ultimately divided into three. The solid portion becomes stool, and the semiliquid portion turns into flesh. The liquid portion turns yellow and is again divided into three
- It is when people are a little grown-up, when they have got little independence and their own ways of doing things, then if they marry there is often difficulty to adjust, just as it is more difficult to bend the bamboo when it is yellow
- King Nanda said, "Previously He (Krsna) had a white color, then a red color, then a yellow color. He also said that this boy was once the son of Vasudeva, and everyone who knows of His previous birth calls Him Vasudeva"
- Krsna, who advented Himself just to kill all undesirable elements in the world, immediately climbed up into a big kadamba tree on the bank of the Yamuna. The kadamba is a tree bearing round yellow flowers that is generally seen only in the Vrndavana area
- One of Krsna's friends praised Him thus: "My dear friend, Your flute was given to Your servant Patri, and when I asked him to return it he began speaking in a faltering voice, and his complexion became yellow"
- One of Krsna's friends praised Him thusly: "My dear friend, Your flute was given to Your servant, Patri, and when I asked him to return it he began speaking in a faltering voice, and his complexion became yellow"
- Other symptoms are, exhibiting yellowishness at the corner of the eyes, and exhibiting trembling lips. Sometimes the eyes turn red, and sometimes they fade. And there is sometimes chastisement and silence
- Out of all these confidential friends, Sridama is considered to be the chief. Sridama used to put on a yellow-colored dress
- Some of the transcendental bodies of the Lord are blackish, and some of them are whitish. Some of them are reddish, and some are yellowish
- Sometimes the living entity is interested in the yellow stool known as gold and runs after it. That gold is the source of material opulence and envy, and it can enable one to afford illicit sex, gambling, meat-eating and intoxication
- Soul is not black, white, yellow. Soul is spirit. So one has to realize that "I am spirit soul. I am not Indian nor American nor Englishman nor German nor white nor black. This is my bodily description. I am not this body"
- That incarnation is yellowish in hue and is always associated with His plenary expansions (such as Sri Nityananda Prabhu) and personal expansions (such as Gadadhara), as well as His devotees and associates (such as Svarupa Damodara)
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose silk dress is as yellow as golden autumn foliage, whose chest is beautified with garlands of flowers and who is always playing upon His flute
- The color of gold is compared to the will-o'-the-wisp or yellow stool; therefore one should not be allured by gold-manufacturing gurus but should sincerely approach a devotee like Jada Bharata
- The color of gold is very glittering, and a materialistic person becomes very much attracted by its yellow color
- The color of gold is very glittering, and a materialistic person becomes very much attracted by its yellow color. However, this gold is actually a type of stool. A person with a bad liver generally passes yellow stool
- The cooked rice was a stack of very fine grains nicely cooked, and in the middle was yellow clarified butter from the milk of cows. Surrounding the stack of rice were pots made of the skins of banana trees, & in these pots were varieties of vegetables
- The crystal-clear water of the lakes contained many blooming lotus flowers of different colors like blue, yellow, white and red, and the saffron powder from the lotus flowers was blown all around by the breeze
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are described as having a glowing sky-bluish complexion. Their eyes resemble lotus flowers, their dress is of yellowish color, and their bodily features very attractive
- The material energy produce varieties of things, just as an artist produces varieties of pictures by mixing the three colors red, yellow and blue. Yellow represents the quality of goodness, red represents passion, and blue represents ignorance
- The professional prostitutes jubilantly smeared these liquid substances on the bodies of the men, and the men reciprocated in the same way. All the liquid substances had been mixed with turmeric and saffron, and their color was a lustrous yellow
- The religious practice for the Age of Kali is to broadcast the glories of the holy name. Only for this purpose has the Lord, in a yellow color, descended as Lord Caitanya
- The Srivatsa mark is described by the Vaisnava-tosani as being a curl of fine yellow hair on the upper portion of the right side of Lord Visnu's chest
- The waist and hips of the woman were very beautiful. She was dressed in a yellow sari with a golden belt. While she walked, her ankle bells rang. She appeared exactly like a denizen of the heavens
- The yogi should contemplate His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead's) rounded hips, which are encircled by a girdle that rests on the exquisite yellow silk cloth that extends down to His ankles
- Their specific duties can be understood from a statement by Mother Yasoda, who said, 'Bakula, please cleanse the yellowish dress of Krsna. Varida, you just flavor the bathing water with aguru scent
- This boy (Krsna) has three other colors - white, red and yellow - as He appears in different ages. Now He has appeared in a transcendental blackish color
- This would create an atmosphere of spiritual bliss. When the garland on the neck of the Lord then touched the breasts of the queens, their whole bodies became covered with saffron yellow
- When ghee (clarified butter) was offered in the fire of sacrifice, there appeared from the fire a celestial chariot covered with gold and silk. There also appeared yellow horses like those of Indra, and a flag marked with a lion
- White, red and yellow - these are the three bodily lusters that the Lord, the husband of the goddess of fortune, assumes in the ages of Satya, Treta and Kali respectively