Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
write | writes | wrote| writing | written
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Handwriting (8 P)
- ► Krsna's Writing (2 P)
- ► My Writing (Prabhupada) (58 P)
- ► Our Writing (Disciples of SP) (146 P)
- ► Paper (3 C, 54 P)
- ► Read (10 C, 263 P)
- ► Typing (2 C, 23 P)
Pages in category "Write"
The following 299 pages are in this category, out of 299 total.
- Even George Bernard Shaw has written, "You are what you eat." Your body is purified or impurified according to the foodstuff you eat
- If you have got your own opinion, then you write your own book
- Kavi-karnapura wrote many books that are important in Vaisnava literature, such as the Ananda-vrndavana-campu, Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika and the great epic Caitanya-candrodaya-nataka
- Srila Locana dasa Thakura later wrote another book named Sri Caitanya-mangala
- That Hari-bhakti-vilasa is written by Sanatana Gosvami in the name of Gopala Bhatta Gosvami because Gopala Bhatta Gosvami was a very young boy
- The book Hare Krishna and the Counterculture, written by Professor Judah
- A brahmana from Bengal wrote a drama about the characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and came with his manuscript to induce the Lord to hear it
- A great dramatist, government officer. He wrote one book, Shah Jahan. That is very famous book for theatrical play. So in that Shah Jahan, means the king emperor Shah Jahan. Practically, the name which is given on the book, the hero title, he's the hero
- A man is working whole day and night, and because he's getting some paper where it is written, "We trust in God. Take this paper, hundred dollars. I cheat you"
- According to Bhagavad-gita, if you don't follow the instruction of Bhagavad-gita, you may be very learned scholar, whatever you write, it is lost. We follow that principle
- According to Darwin's theory, 5000 years ago, men were uncivilized. Now this literature is written by uncivilized men. Just see. So highly intellectual writings, they were uncivilized. Now they have become civilized. That is Darwin's theory
- According to Srimad-Bhagavatam, the endeavor of philosophical speculators to write volumes of books on dry philosophy devoid of Krsna consciousness is entirely futile
- After composing this verse, Rupa Gosvami wrote it on a palm leaf and put it on the roof of the thatched house in which he was living
- After having that dream, Srila Rupa Gosvami considered, "It is the order of Satyabhama that I write a separate drama for her"
- After renouncing everything, Srila Jiva Gosvami went to Vrndavana. Later he also wrote many books on devotional service and expanded the work of preaching
- After writing this verse on a palm leaf, Rupa Gosvami put it somewhere in his thatched roof and went to bathe in the sea
- All of our previous acaryas on our line have written substantially on the science of God-consciousness, so I would also like all my students to do this
- All such talks or literatures are practical exhibitions of the urge to speak. Many people are talking nonsensically and writing volumes of useless books, and all this is the result of the urge to speak
- All the acaryas wrote books, and still I am writing books. Similarly, also my disciples will write. So any self-realized soul can write unlimited books without deviating from the original ideas
- All the cowherd boys had unlimited calves. Similarly, their canes, flutes, lotus flowers, horns, garments and ornaments were all unlimited. They cannot be limited by writing about them
- Although his (Svayambhuva Manu) duration of life gradually came to an end, his long life, consisting of a Manvantara era, was not spent in vain, since he ever engaged in hearing, contemplating, writing down and chanting the pastimes of the Lord
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the inspiration to write transcendental literatures about devotional service has been mercifully bestowed upon me
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the Lord has mercifully bestowed upon me the inspiration to write transcendental literature about devotional service
- Although they're written just like ordinary story activities of a person. But they are not ordinary things. If you simply read Krsna book, although it looks like story, then you become delivered from these clutches of repetition of birth and death
- Any drama or book written by unauthorized persons should not be indulged in
- Anyone who attempts to write about Krsna must first take permission from the spiritual master and Krsna
- Apparently, therefore, five thousand years ago there were many Ramayanas, or histories of Lord Ramacandra's activities, and there are many still. But we must select only those books written by tattva-darsis
- As soon as a man takes his birth, he is immediately indebted to so many sources. He is indebted to the great sages because he profits by reading their authoritative scriptures and books. For example, we take advantage of the books written by Vyasadeva
- At the end of every chapter, the author admits the value of the disciplic succession. He never claims to have written this transcendental literature by carrying out research work
- At the present moment, present age, they write history chronologically. One period may be important, one period may not be important, but they write all the history. The Vedic way of writing history was not like that
- Aurobindo or Dr. Radhakrishnan, they have written Bhagavad-gita, annotation, so many others also, but Krsna is missing. They're faulty. Krsna is missing. Through Bhagavad-gita, they want to make the society Krsna-less
- Baladeva Vidyabhusana, with the order of Govindaji at Jaipur, he wrote the commentary on Brahma-sutra. That name is Govinda-bhasya. So the Gaudiya-Brahma Sampradaya, they have got also commentary on Brahma-sutra
- Before Vyasadeva's writing, the Vedic literature was simply heard, and the disciples would learn the mantras quickly by hearing and not by reading
- Before writing about Krsna, I request you to learn the science very well. If you live with us and study Krsna in the process then your writing will be very effective and Krsna will bless you
- Being very much satisfied by these transcendental pastimes with the Lord, the brahmana narrated the whole story of his mission in coming to see Krsna. He got out the letter Rukmini had written to Krsna
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- Bilvamangala Thakura writes, "How miserable it is, my dear Krsna, O friend of the hopeless! O merciful Lord, how can I pass these thankless days without seeing You"
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "I know that I am not at all fit to offer my prayers to You, but because You are known as Dinabandhu, the friend of the fallen, I humbly pray that You will kindly purify me by the beams of Your transcendental glance"
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "If I become thoroughly bathed by Your merciful glance, then I may be saved. Therefore, my Lord, I am requesting You to please bestow upon me Your" merciful glance
- By such mercy (krpa-siddha), even if a devotee is dumb he can speak or write to glorify the Lord splendidly, even if lame he can cross mountains, and even if blind he can see the stars in the sky
- By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly. One should not ambitiously think, "I shall become a great author. I shall be celebrated as a writer." These are material desires
- Describing this incident, the great poet Sri Kavi-karnapura has written extensively about the glorious activities of Raghunatha dasa in his Sri Caitanya-candrodaya-nataka
- Dhiroddhata qualities were visible in the character of Lord Krsna because, when He was writing a letter to Kalayavana, Krsna addressed him as a sinful frog
- Dr. Judah has admitted that "You have converted drug-addicted hippies into servant of Krsna and servant of humanity." That he has written
- Dr. Stillson Judah, he has written one book, perhaps you know, Hare Krsna and Counterculture, a very nice book about our movement, and he is giving importance
- Enclosed is a copy of the letter to my disciples in Vrindaban regarding the land. The letter that you write to your father, kindly send me the copy
- Even the dog knows how to use sex life. It doesn't require a Freud's philosophy. But the rascal human society, they are thinking that "Here is a big philosopher. He is writing about sex"
- Even the most erudite scholars write on Bhagavad-gita very inaccurately. Because they are envious of Krsna, their commentaries are useless
- First class-man is lazy intelligent. He knows the value of life, and soberly he is thinking. Just like all our great saintly persons. They were living in the forest, meditation, tapasya, and writing books
- For sixty thousands of years Valmiki meditated simply on "Rama, Rama, Rama, Rama, Rama, Rama." And when he was liberated, he wrote this Ramayana
- For those who are less intelligent (like women, laborers or the mercantile class), the great sage Vyasadeva wrote the Mahabharata. In the Mahabharata Krsna is present in His different activities
- For two or three days Bhagavan Acarya continually asked Svarupa Damodara Gosvami to hear the poetry. Because of his repeated requests, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami wanted to hear the poetry written by the brahmana from Bengal
- Formerly I wrote the two dramas as one composition. Now I shall divide it and describe the incidents in two separate works
- Formerly, before Vyasadeva, say, five thousand years ago, before that time there was no need of written literature
- Formerly, no book will be accepted unless it is written by liberated soul. That was the system. No other man will dare to write any book, neither his book will be accepted in society
- Formerly, there was no need of books. Nowadays, at the present moment, our memory is not so sharp due to Kali-yuga. Therefore Vyasadeva wrote in books, in words, because he foresaw that The people in this age, they will be dull-headed rascals
- Fortunately, yesterday evening the chief minister of Assam, Sriman Mahendra Mohan, came to see me and I have requested him to write a letter to Mr. Naik
- Freud's philosophy is the business of the hogs and dogs, and it has been taken as philosophy. Even the hogs and dogs know how to enjoy sex life. And they are.... On account of sex life, they have written a philosophy. Is that philosophy?
- Generally the so-called scholars, politicians, philosophers, and svamis, without perfect knowledge of Krsna, try to banish or kill Krsna when writing commentary on Bhagavad-gita. Such unauthorized commentary upon Bhagavad-gita is known as Mayavada-bhasya
- Generally, those who are expert in writing drama choose to call Cupid the ideal dhira-lalita, but we can more perfectly find in the personality of Krsna all the characteristics of dhira-lalita
- George Harrison, the famous Beatle, he is supplying beads and bags to his friends: "Chant Hare Krsna." And he has written in his record that "Anyone who is friend of Krsna, I am his friend"
- Gopala Bhatta Gosvami compiled a book called Sat-kriya-sara-dipika, edited the Hari-bhakti-vilasa, wrote a foreword to the Sat-sandarbha and a commentary on the Krsna-karnamrta, and installed the Radharamana Deity
- Govinda dasi has already written you letter to come here as soon as possible. I hope you come before I leave this place on the 31st March 1969. This tape may be returned to L.A. address
- He (Dr. Stillson Judah) has written about us, the big book. Bring that book. After 5 years scrutinizingly studying, statistics, graphics, and he has put my picture in it
- He (materialist) certainly never thought of using the dictaphone in God's service, but we are using this dictaphone to write Krsna conscious literature. Of course, the manufacture of the dictaphone is wholly within the energy of Krsna
- He (Sanatana Gosvami) wrote the Hari-bhakti-vilasa and Vaisnava-tosani, which is a commentary on the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- He (Sankaracarya) wrote his Sariraka-bhasya, and his so-called followers deprecated the Bhagavatam as some "new" presentation. One should not be misled by such propaganda directed against the Bhagavatam by the Mayavada school
- He very carefully followed the principles enunciated by the Lord, and he was a competent person to explain properly the pastimes of Krsna. Caitanya expanded His mercy to Rupa Gosvami just so he could render service by writing transcendental literatures
- He wrote all books in English
- He wrote me a letter asking me to send you back, but when those ten men received no information about you, they returned home from Jhankara
- Hearing the poetry of a person who has no transcendental knowledge and who writes about the relationships between man and woman simply causes unhappiness, whereas hearing the words of a devotee fully absorbed in ecstatic love causes great happiness
- Here the government begins cheating. He is engaging you to hard work day and night and paying you a piece of paper, where it is written "one hundred dollars." That's all. This is your society, cheating and cheater
- His (Sanatana Goswami's) very famous book Hari-bhakti-vilasa, which gives directions for Vaisnava candidates, was written completely in compliance with the instructions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- How many common men have written their autobiographies, and how enthusiastically we have read and accepted them. But when the Personality of Godhead Himself tells about Himself, we cannot take it as it is. This is nothing but our misfortune
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) am faultless because I have written herein whatever I have understood from Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Rupa and Raghunatha dasa Gosvamis
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) am submitting that I personally have no desire to add or subtract anything. I have only written what I have heard in the disciplic succession
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta)
- I admit that I do not know the beginning or the end of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes. However, whatever I have written I have heard from the mouths of great personalities
- I am enclosing a separate letter authorizing you to sign the contract in my behalf. I've already written a letter to D.S. Agarwal and when he goes there Acyutananda will see him personally
- I am glad that you and the others are each writing one hour daily essays. That is parampara. All of our previous acaryas on our line have written substantially on the science of God-consciousness, so I would also like all my students to do this
- I am surprised that you write to say, even after a month, that the amount has not been received by you
- I am very interested in the Sri Beni Madhava Temple. I have also written the Mahant Sri Omkar Giri inviting him to Mayapur for further discussion on this. For yourself, I again invite you, and we will be prepared to pay for your expenditures
- I am writing this letter to inform you that I am now sending Bhagavata dasa brahmacari there to Fiji to be co-manager with your good self. This man is very experienced in the Gujarati communities
- I am writing what I have heard, not that I am speculating. Mostly, the philosophers, they write as they speculate. They write their own opinion. But our process is not that. We don't speculate
- I approve of the arrangement for the writing on the "Bhaktivedanta Swami Gate". Your dealing with the municipality men and hosting them at the temple shows you have done these things very nicely
- I can understand from the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He wants you to write books about the conclusive decision of devotional service and about the regulative principles ascertained from the revealed scriptures
- I have been anxiously awaiting to receive the ticket that you say you have sent. Please write immediately as to the position of this ticket
- I have briefly described those pastimes. Whatever I have written is by the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, since I am an insignificant living being
- I have described my own story without reservations. The attributes of Lord Nityananda, making me like a madman, force me to write these things
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- I have sent a letter to your government asking them questions that you write on the bills, "In God We Trust." So you trust in God blindly or knowingly? That was my question. Suppose I trust you. you must be trustworthy. Otherwise why shall I trust you?
- I have written Mahamsa Svami one letter asking him if it is possible for you to return to Hyderabad. Wherever you go always be sure to chant at least 16 good rounds and rise early, attend mangala-aroti, study my books and serve Krishna without stop
- I have written one letter to Pradyumna and Arundhati regarding composing my books, so I am very anxiously awaiting the reply. Please inform them about this and let me know what is the situation there
- I have written this book to describe the simple substance as I have heard it from superiors. If I become involved in someone's likes and dislikes, I cannot possibly write the simple truth
- I request that you write and consult with Visnu Jana Maharaja and the local GBC men, in order to bring about the realization of this proposal
- I shall write two separate invocations of good fortune and two different introductions. Let me think deeply about the matter and then describe two different sets of incidents
- I wrote you one letter regarding the translation work of Nrsimhavallabha Goswami and sons. I have not received any reply from you although I am very much anxious to know the result
- I'm very much obliged to you that you write to say, "It is clear to me that you are great powerful Acarya in the Vaisnava world at present." Sometimes Sridhara Maharaja also says like that. So, actually if you are feeling like that let us work conjointly
- If a person has written some theory, evolution of chemicals, and all rubbish things, it is very nice thing for the so-called dogs and camels, but those who have got eyes to see, one who has heard from Krsna, he'll understand this is nonsense
- If a previous acarya has already written about something, there is no need to repeat it for personal sense gratification or to outdo the previous acarya. Unless there is some definite improvement, one should not repeat
- If Dr. Radhakrishnan really accepts Lord Krsna as the absolute God, then what inspired him to see another being within Krsna and to write, "It is not the personal Krsna to whom we have to give ourselves up
- If one is actually sincere in writing, all his ambitions will be fulfilled. Whether one is known as a great author is incidental. One should not attempt to write transcendental literature for material name and fame
- If one is perfect in his inquiry from the authorized spiritual master, he can write things. Otherwise, what is the use of writing nonsense? Those books will be thrown away. After reading..., just like the newspaper thrown away
- If one tries to write under superior authority, he becomes purified
- If someone wrote a book or composed verses and songs and wanted to recite them before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara would first examine them and then correctly present them. Only then would Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agree to listen
- If you accept Bhagavad-gita as the book of authority, you cannot change the meaning. That is not allowed. What right? If you have got some opinion, if you have got some philosophy, you can write in your own book
- If you do not understand Krsna, if you do not surrender to Krsna, then you are simply wasting your time. There is no meaning of writing big, big comments on Bhagavad-gita, uselessly waste you time and waste others' time
- If you have got some opinion, if you have got some philosophy, you can write in your own book. Why you are, I mean to say, killing others and yourself by interpreting Bhagavad-gita?
- If you think you have no money, then pranair arthair dhiya, by your intelligence. If you have got some knowledge, write some books and spread it, Krsna consciousness
- Immediately send the translation work to me in Bombay or you can read it yourself, compare with the original book and if possible re-write or copy and send it to me at the Bombay address
- In accordance with the synopsis previously written, I shall describe in detail whatever I have not mentioned
- In his letter to Sanatana Gosvami, Srila Rupa Gosvami wrote, "We two brothers are starting out to go see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You must also somehow or other get released and come meet us"
- In marking such tilaka, sometimes one may write Hare Krsna on the body. 3) One should accept flowers and garlands that have been offered to the Deity and the spiritual master and put them on his body. 4) One should learn to dance before the Deity
- In my Srimad-Bhagavatam it is written Sri Sailam. At that time it was known as Sailapura, and now it is known as Solapura. It is still a pilgrimage in Mahar, and because Balaramaji was traveling in South India, this is Solapura is in South India
- In other words, He is Lord Krsna Himself teaching the living entities the proper way to approach Krsna. He is like a teacher who, seeing a student doing poorly, takes up a pencil and writes, saying, "Do it like this: A, B, C"
- In Sri Bhagavata-sandarbha, Srila Jiva Gosvami has written conclusively about the ultimate end of devotional service
- In the beginning of the Caitanya-caritamrta, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami writes, "I offer my respects to my spiritual masters." He uses the plural here to indicate the disciplic succession
- In the rules of celibacy written by the great sage Yajnavalkya it is said: "The vow of brahmacarya is meant to help one completely abstain from sex indulgence in work, words and mind - at all times, under all circumstances, and in all places"
- In this age we are decreasing our memory. Formerly, when this Bhagavad-gita was written by Vyasadeva, before that, people were so sharp in their memory that there was no need of publication of books
- In this connection Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes that even great sages and great devotees like Narada and Sanaka do not get an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda to take their baths
- In Vrndavana there are prakrta-sahajiyas who say that writing books or even touching books is taboo
- In Vrndavana, Rupa Gosvami began to write a drama. In particular, he composed the introductory verses to invoke good fortune
- In your western countries the rascals, they are writing philosophy on sex life, which is known by the dog
- Is it not? "We trust in God. I promise to pay you. Take this paper now. Not even one cent worth. It is written there hundred dollars." So I am thinking I am very happy: "Now I have got this paper." That's all. Cheaters and cheated. This is going on
- It appears from this statement that the great Srila Jiva Gosvami was not yet active when Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu was written
- It is also said to Narada Muni, "My dear Narada, a person who writes Vaisnava literature and keeps such literature at home has Lord Narayana always residing in his house"
- It is certainly not good to write literature for money or reputation, but to write books and publish them for the enlightenment of the general populace is real service to the Lord
- It is clearly written there that "This time he will go across the sea." Just see. The circumstances became so that I have come. So astrology is so nice
- It is not a fact that there is nothing more than Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya. There are other Vedanta commentaries, written by Vaisnava acaryas, none of whom follow Sri Sankaracarya or accept the imaginative commentary of his school
- It is understood that when a devotee writes or speaks about the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his words are dictated by the Lord from within
- It will be great service, provided you write nicely the right things
- Just before His Divine Grace passed away at Jagannatha Puri, I wrote him a letter asking what I could do to serve him. In reply, he wrote me a letter ordering me to preach in English the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as I had heard it from him
- Just like in hospital there are blankets. It is written there, "Hospital Property." So long you are in the hospital, you can use it. But you cannot take it outside. Then you are criminal
- Just see. This is the position. How low taste: hogs' and pigs' business, and write philosophy. His (Freud's) books are selling like anything
- Kaviraja Gosvami, who has written this immortal Caitanya-caritamrta, he is presenting himself: "I am lower than the worms in the stool" Just see. He is not hypocrite. He is feeling like that: "Oh, what is my value?"
- Kindly write one book, at least small book, supporting this (Krsna Consciousness) movement. That will be great service. Actually this should be supported by all sane men, it is so nice
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami never claims to have written this transcendental literature by carrying out research work. He simply admits his indebtedness to the notes taken by Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and other authoritative persons
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami wrote Sri Caitanya-caritamrta in his old age
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja was requested to write the CC by the devotees of Vrndavana. Although he began this work at a very old age, by the grace of Caitanya he finished it. Today it remains the most authoritative book on Caitanya Mahaprabhu's philosophy & life
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja wrote CC in his old age, in an invalid condition, but it is such a sublime literature that Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say - The time will come when the people of the world will learn Bengali to read Sri Caitanya-caritamrta
- Later on, Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master
- Let His Lordship's grace be on us so that there may not be any hindrance in the execution of this duty of writing The Nectar of Devotion, impelled by His Divine Grace Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada
- Lord Ananta writes millions of books elaborately describing the transformations of ecstatic love experienced by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in Vrndavana
- Lord Caitanya definitely confirmed that the commentaries, or bhasyas, written by the Vaisnava acaryas on the basis of devotional service to Lord Visnu, and not the Sariraka-bhasya of Sankaracarya, give the actual explanation of the Vedanta-sutra
- Mahabharata especially was written for three classes of men. What are those? Stri, sudra, dvija-bandhu. Stri means woman, sudra means worker class, and dvija-bandhu means persons who have taken their birth in higher caste, but they're degraded
- Meanwhile, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami returned to Vrndavana. He desired to write dramas concerning the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- Mental speculators. They write poetries and utopian theories, "This philosophy, that philosophy." In this way they satisfy the mind. But that is also not happiness. Mental happiness
- Money means gold. Where is gold? You are cheated. Money means gold. So instead of possessing gold, you are possessing some paper, written there, "hundred dollars." And you are such a fool, you are satisfied
- Mr. Tom Driberg is an intimate friend of Ginsberg and he has already written to him promising all help to us. So by Grace of Krishna there you are meeting nice gentlemen, interested gentlemen, and I hope it will come very grand success
- My program in India is not yet fixed up. I may go out in December to Honolulu. Anyway Yasomatinandana dasa has written you to come, if he has written you to come, then you can come immediately with the Hindi typewriter
- My students, they offer me so much respect, but all these respects are due to my spiritual master. I am nothing. I am just like peon. Just like peon delivers one letter. He is not responsible for what is written in that letter
- No one can understand the author's mind unless the author himself discloses the meaning of his words. Therefore the Vedanta-sutra should be understood through Srimad-Bhagavatam, the commentary written by the author of the Vedanta-sutra
- No one should write songs of Krishna unless he is self-realized soul
- No one should write songs of Krishna unless he is self-realized soul, that will spoil the value of the whole thing. But try to use your writing and singing talent for Krishna's preaching work, by writing articles, singing the kirtana, like that
- Now, there must be sufficient stock of each book in our India warehouse to supply all of these orders immediately. I have written one letter to both Tejyas and Gopala Krishna in this connection
- O Lord Nityananda, I write of Your mercy out of great exultation. Please forgive me for my offenses
- On his way to Gauda-desa, Rupa Gosvami had been thinking of how to write the action of the drama. Thus he had made some notes and begun to write
- One cannot write to glorify the Lord unless one is endowed with His causeless mercy
- One has to become perfect before he writes some books. Just like nowadays especially in the western countries they write any rascal ideas under the name of philosophy or science
- One letter you have written has been brought to my attention that on the letterhead it is printed that Hare Krishna Movement is affiliated with Sri Sanatana Dharma Sabha
- One professor, Stillson Judah, he has written one book. After studying our movement five years he has written one, "Hare Krsna and Counter-culture"
- One should attempt to write for self-purification. It may be published or it may not be published, but that does not matter
- One should not write books or essays on transcendental subject matter for material name, fame or profit. Transcendental literature must be written under the direction of a superior authority because it is not meant for material purposes
- One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit. By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly
- One who writes about the Supreme Personality of Godhead must be especially favored by the Lord. Simply by academic qualifications it is not possible to write such literature
- Only if you follow the principles of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees will your learning be successful. Then you will be able to write about the transcendental pastimes of Krsna without material contamination
- Only the fools and rascals deride the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna." Such fools take it upon themselves to write commentaries on the Bhagavad-gita without an attitude of service to the Lord
- Raghunatha dasa’s father wrote a letter to Sivananda Sena, asking him with great humility, "Please return my son"
- Ramananda Raya said, "My dear Lord, with Your permission I have already written a letter to the King with great humility"
- Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, they have all accepted Krsna: the ultimate knowledge of Vedic understanding. Many acaryas, they have written notes on Vedanta, targeting Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Regarding the artist you have written about, if he can paint improved paintings, we shall publish. Yes, you can bring him to Bombay when you come
- Regarding the citizenship, you should apply as many as possible. You can read, write, and speak Bengali. So take citizenship
- Replying to the King's letter, the Bhattacarya wrote that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had not given His permission. After this, the King wrote him another letter
- Rukmini wrote a letter to Krsna: "After You've entered the city, have Your soldiers and commanders suddenly surround and defeat all the strength of the King of Magadha and by thus adopting the methods of the demons, please kidnap and marry me"
- Rupa Gosvami further writes, "My dear foolish friend, I think that you have already heard some of the auspicious Srimad-Bhagavatam, which decries seeking the results of fruitive activities, economic development and liberation"
- Rupa Gosvami was given lesson for ten days continually at Allahabad, Prayaga, Dasasvamedha-ghata. As a result of his instruction, he first wrote this Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which we have translated into English, Nectar of Devotion
- Rupa Gosvami writes, "I think now it is certain that gradually the verses of the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, describing the pastimes of the Lord, will enter your ears and go into your heart"
- Sadananda Yogindra, one of the greatest Mayavadiacaryas, has written in his book Vedanta-sara: "The Absolute Truth of eternity, knowledge and bliss is Brahman. Ignorance and all products of ignorance are non-Brahman
- Sanatana Gosvami also wrote a special commentary on the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam known as the Dasama-tippani, which is so excellent that by reading it one can understand very deeply the pastimes of Krsna in His exchanges of loving activities
- Sanskrit poetry writing is very difficult. They have got rhetoric system. So many words should be first, so many words, second. You cannot deviate
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "This is Krsnadasa, who carries a golden cane, and here is Sikhi Mahiti, who is in charge of writing"
- Seeing your own Koran and deliberating over what is written there, what is your conclusion
- Sevanam means activity. Sevanam does not mean sit down idle, inert. No. As soon as seva... Seva means activity. One has to preach, one has to write, one has to do this, do that, cook, offer the prasadam, everything. Seva, activity
- She said, "Write a separate drama about me. By my mercy it will be extraordinarily beautiful"
- So far as eating only two chopaties and a little vegetables daily, I never said that. I do not know why such news has spread without my written authority
- So far as publication is concerned, our Society has got branches all over the world. It is written in the book "published by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, branches throughout the world, Headquarters USA"
- Some Mayavadi scholars argue that Srimad-Bhagavatam was not compiled by Sri Vyasadeva. And some of them suggest that this book is a modern creation written by someone named Vopadeva
- Somehow or other get yourself released and come to Vrndavana. After writing this, the two brothers (Rupa Gosvami and Anupama) went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sometimes they say about me "74 years young holy man'', and sometimes they say "jet-age parivrajakacarya.'' They also very kindly have written that I have done magic to the foreigners. So I thank you all for your good wishes
- Sometimes they write transcendental literatures about devotional service, and sometimes they hear about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and spend their time thinking about the Lord
- Sri Krsna-vijaya is a book of poems considered to be the first poetry book written in Bengal. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura states that this book was begun in the year 1395 Sakabda (A.D. 1473)
- Sri Murari Gupta wrote a book called Sri Caitanya-carita. He belonged to a vaidya physician family of Srihatta, the paternal home of Lord Caitanya, and later became a resident of Navadvipa
- Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, one of the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana, has written in his prayers called the Manah-siksa that one should simply worship Radha and Krsna with all attention
- Sridhara Svami was accepted by Lord Caitanya as an authorized commentator on Srimad-Bhagavatam, and Caitanya Mahaprabhu quoted his writings
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes in his Anubhasya, "It is said that Gauridasa Pandita was always patronized by King Krsnadasa, the son of Harihoda"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes in his Anuvrtti commentary that too much endeavor to acquire knowledge on the part of mental speculators or dry philosophers falls within the category of atyahara
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes that our material identification creates three kinds of urges-the urge to speak, the urge or demands of the mind and the demands of the body
- Srila Rupa Gosvami also wrote many books, the most famous of which is the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu. From that book one can understand the essence of devotional service to Krsna and the transcendental mellows one can derive from such service
- Srila Rupa Gosvami and his assistants, under the instructions of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, have all written various literatures for the guidance of prospective devotees
- Srila Rupa Gosvami could compose verses according to the desires of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and by His direction he wrote two books named Lalita-madhava and Vidagdha-madhava
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has written a very nice verse wherein one gopi advises another, "My dear friend, if you desire to enjoy the company of material society, friendship and love, then please do not go to see this smiling boy Govinda"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami thought, "Satyabhama ordered me to write two different dramas. Now I understand that this order has been confirmed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, a confidential devotee taught for more than ten days continually by Lord Caitanya, wrote
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, writing Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, quoting from so many Vedic literatures, giving evidence. Because formerly people would take it as truth when it is proved by the version of the Vedic literature
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami wrote a commentary on the Tenth Canto known as Dasama-tippani, from which we can understand the transcendental pastimes and ecstatic love of Lord Krsna
- Srila Vyasadeva had no interest in writing a history of mundane activities other than to give less intelligent persons a chance for transcendental realization through Bhagavad-gita
- Srila Vyasadeva had written the karma-kanda and jnana-kanda sections of the Vedas, but he had not written about upasana-kanda, or bhakti. Thus his spiritual master, Narada, chastised him
- Srimad Bhagavatam was written by Vyasadeva when he was self-realized
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is a personal commentation on the Vedanta-sutra by Sri Vyasadeva. It was written in the maturity of his spiritual life through the mercy of Narada
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the ripened fruit. Narada Muni is engaged in distributing this fruit, and therefore he instructed Vyasadeva to write this Maha-Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, for the benefit of ignorant human society
- Sripada Sankaracarya wrote his Sariraka-bhasya, and his so-called followers deprecated the Bhagavatam as some "new" presentation
- Suppose for millions years of history you write, then where you'll keep the records? It is not possible
- The art of writing verse, pankti, became manifested from the bone marrow, and that of brhati, another type of verse, was generated from the life-breath of the Lord of the living entities (Brahma)
- The author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta takes shelter of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to describe the pastimes of His appearance as a child because one cannot write such transcendental literature by mental speculation
- The Bhagavata says the Purana is part of the Vedas. As Upanisad is part of Vedas... It is written in simplified language so that those who are less educated, less having brain substance
- The Brahma-samhita says that the sun is the king with unlimited light and temperature. The Srimad-Bhagavatam sublime literature describes all these things and it was written five thousand years ago
- The brahmacari read the book and came to us a little dissatisfied, though the book itself was deeply esoteric. The reason for his dissatisfaction was that Dr. Radhakrishnan's writing lacked spiritual insight
- The false pride that makes one think that he can write better than the previous acaryas will make one’s comments faulty
- The followers of these acaryas, down to the present day, have written many books following the principles of Srimad-Bhagavatam and accepting it as the natural commentary on the Vedanta
- The gopis were such intimate personal friends of Krsna that while He was writing the message for them He was so moved that He could not write distinctly
- The great acaryas of the four Vaisnava communities (sampradayas) - namely, Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, Visnu Svami and Nimbarka - have also written commentaries on the Vedanta-sutra by following the principles of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The great devotee Uddhava once wrote a letter to Krsna, "But still, in spite of my reputation, my knowledge is condemned, because although enjoying the effulgence of Vedic knowledge"
- The great devotee Uddhava once wrote a letter to Krsna, "My dear Krsna, I have just finished the study of all kinds of philosophical books and Vedic verses about the goal of life, and so now I have a little reputation for my studies"
- The King then went outside and had orders written down and sent to the government servants within his kingdom
- The man known as Asoka Fakir, now living in San Francisco, is advertising himself that the members of our temple are all his disciples. This man has written me letter also, from which I can understand that he is a hodge-podge man
- The Mayavadi sannyasis also study the Vedanta-sutras, but use their own commentary, called Sariraka-bhasya, written by Sankaracarya
- The Mayavadis are very proud of having monopolized the Vedanta philosophy, but devotees have their own commentaries on Vedanta such as Srimad-Bhagavatam and others written by the acaryas. The commentary of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas is the Govinda-bhasya
- The message was very gravely written, so that not only the gopis but all empiric philosophers might understand how pure love of God is intrinsically integrated with all the different energies of the Supreme Lord
- The Nectar of Devotion is a summary study of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which was written in Sanskrit by Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada. He was the chief of the six Gosvamis, who were the direct disciples of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The poet or writer dealing with transcendental subject matters is not an ordinary writer or translator. Because he is empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whatever he writes becomes very effective
- The question that "Why Bhagavata is so important than other books?" The reply is there: maha-muni krte kim va paraih. "What is the use of other books?" It is written by Maha-muni Vyasadeva, the Vedanta-acarya
- The saintly Muslim replied, "All that You have said is true. This has certainly been written in the Koran, but our scholars can neither understand nor accept it"
- The sixth verse of Sakha-nirnayamrta, a book written by Yadunandana dasa, states that Bhagavata Acarya compiled a famous book of the name Prema-tarangini
- The solemn declaration given in the beginning of the Vedanta-sutra is athato brahma jijnasa, which indicates that this book was written with the solemn declaration to inquire about the Absolute Truth
- The technical inquiries by Srila Ramananda Raya and the replies of Srila Rupa Gosvami indicate that both of them were expert and fully conversant with the techniques of writing drama
- The words of Krsna and of the disciplic succession that carries the orders of Krsna are actually authoritative. To be empowered to write transcendental literature is a privilege in which a writer can take great pride
- The work of karmis who write volumes of books on economic development also falls within the category of atyahara
- The writing of Vaisnava literatures is not a function for ordinary men. Vaisnava literatures are not mental concoctions. They are all authorized literatures meant to guide those who are going to be Vaisnavas
- The young brahmana took this opportunity to speak: "Please write this down on paper in black and white so that you may not again change your word of honor"
- There are also demons who enjoy depicting Krsna and His pastimes with the gopis, taking advantage of Krsna by their licentious character. These demons who print books and write lyrics on the raga-marga principles are surely on the way to hell
- There are many philosophers who write comments on the Bhagavad-gita but have no faith in Krsna. They will never be liberated from the bondage of fruitive action
- There is no limit to the exhalations of Maha-Visnu. Just see how impossible it is to speak or write of only the manvantara-avataras
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to wash hair, dye it different colors and curl it in different ways. They learned the art of telling what is written in someone's book without actually seeing it
- They are animals. What the dogs will understand? When there is one lady dog, one dozen dog will come. Smelling the best part of the body. This is their philosophy. So Freud is that: best part of the body, he's writing philosophy
- They are self-realized souls, therefore if they write something song about Krishna that will be perfectly from the transcendental platform, without any tinge of mundane influence or nonsense imagination
- This description of the Kali-yuga is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. This is called sastra. This Srimad-Bhagavatam was written five thousand years ago when the Kali-yuga was to begin. Now, what will happen in future, everything is given there
- This is the sum and substance of transcendental writing. One must be an authorized Vaisnava, humble and pure. One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit
- Thus I have written a description of the ecstatic love Lord Caitanya manifested in one of the places He visited while walking through the twelve forests of Vrndavana. To describe what He experienced everywhere would be impossible
- Thus let me write about His magnanimous contribution of devotional service in love of God
- To be empowered to write transcendental literature is a privilege in which a writer can take great pride. As a humble Vaisnava, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami felt very much ashamed that it was he who was to narrate the pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To write about the transcendental pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is not an ordinary endeavor
- Today it is fashionable for common men to write whimsical words as so-called incarnations of God and be accepted as authentic by other common men
- Transcendental sound is not ordinary language, although it appears to be written in ordinary language. Evidence from the Vedic literature should be accepted as final authority
- Two other verses he (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) wrote, beginning with the words vairagya-vidya-nija-bhakti-yoga and kalan nastam bhakti-yogam nijam yah, are very famous among Gaudiya Vaisnavas
- Uddhava did not deliver to the gopis the written message brought from Krsna, but he personally read it to them
- Uddhava wrote a letter to Krsna and said, "My dear Supreme King of Vraja, You are the vision of nectar for the eyes, and without seeing Your lotus feet and the effulgence of Your body, my mind is always morose"
- Uddhava wrote, "I cannot perceive any peace under any circumstance. Besides that, I am feeling every moment's separation to be like the duration of many, many long years"
- Uddhava wrote, "I could not appreciate the effulgence emanating from the nails of Your toes"
- Uddhava, as a student of Brhaspati, had very sharp intelligence, so instead of handing over the written message, he thought it wise to read it personally and explain it to them (gopis)
- Unless one is blessed by Vyasadeva, he cannot write transcendental literature
- Unless one is empowered by the higher authorities, or advanced devotees, one cannot write transcendental literature, for all such literature must be above suspicion
- Unless one is fully qualified in Vaisnava behavior and authorized by superior authority (the Supreme Personality of Godhead), one cannot write Vaisnava literatures or purports and commentaries on Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita
- Upon receiving this message from his two messengers, Rupa Gosvami immediately wrote a letter to Sanatana Gosvami saying that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had departed for Vrndavana
- Valmiki Muni meditated for fifty thousands of years, and then he wrote Ramayana. The Ramayana is not an ordinary book. You see? Therefore Ramayana is so much popular in India. Before the appearance of Rama, he wrote Ramayana
- Vidagdha-atmiya-vakya refers to words written by a devotee who fully understands pure devotional service. Such devotees, who follow the parampara system, are sometimes described as sajatiyasaya-snigdha, or "pleasing to the same class of people"
- Vyasadeva could have written krsna uvaca. No. He says... If one may misunderstand Krsna, therefore he writes in every stanza, every verse, sri bhagavan uvaca. So Bhagavan is there. Bhagavan is speaking. Bhagavan is accepted by all the acaryas
- Vyasadeva thought it wise to write down the Vedas, because in this age people are short-memoried and unable to remember all the instructions given by the spiritual master. Therefore, he left all the Vedic knowledge in the form of books
- Vyasadeva wrote those Vedic traditions into books. Vyasadeva is the first man who wrote this Vedic knowledge into writing. Before that, there was no writing. Only by hearing, by memory, the students will grasp the whole thing and coming down, tradition
- Vyasadeva's dissatisfaction was observed by his spiritual master, and thus Narada advised him to write on the transcendental activities of Lord Sri Krsna
- We are strictly personalists. The sahajiya's, they write Glories to Guru. Why you are learning this impersonalism, who has taught you?
- We have given the list of qualification of a devotee. One of the qualification is poetic. Poetic means not write poetry. Poetic means literary man. They must give literature. Naturally they'll give. That is the nature of devotee
- We must select only those books written by tattva-darsis, not the books of so-called scholars who claim knowledge only on the basis of a doctorate
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- What is this philosophy? Sex life? Even dog knows how to have sex life. And he's writing philosophy. So this kind of philosophy can be appreciated by the rascals and... We do not appreciate that. They are not philosopher
- What we have discussed is printed in Caitanya Caritamrta. How can we rectify? We can't rectify what is written in Caitanya Caritamrta. We have no bad feeling or disrespect for Vallabhacarya
- Whatever you want to do or whatever ideas you want to introduce in the management of our society, please write in a letter and distribute the copies to all the GBC members along with one copy to me also
- When an ordinary mortal writes an autobiography, he receives many accolades, but when the Supreme Lord writes about Himself, we unfortunately do not fully believe in His words
- When Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami took permission from all the Vaisnavas before writing Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Gopala Bhatta Gosvami also gave him his blessings, but he requested him not to mention his name in the book
- When Rukmini was going to be married to Sisupala by the choice of her elder brother, she wrote the above letter to Krsna requesting Him to kidnap her. This is an instance of impudence in ecstatic love for Krsna
- When there was such question raised in Jaipur that the Gaudiya Vaisnava has no commentary on the Vedanta-sutra, at that time, Baladeva Vidyabhusana, he wrote Govinda-bhasya on Vedanta-sutra
- Whenever we write something, we give immediately Vedic evidence. We give some Sanskrit verse. This means that we are not manufacturing ourself
- Who can count the rest of the books (headed by the Laghu-bhagavatamrta) written by Srila Rupa Gosvami? He has described the pastimes of Vrndavana in all of them
- Who can describe the unlimited glories of Advaita Acarya? I write here as much as I have known from great authorities
- Why do you write such a crazy letter? You cannot write like a normal person? Anyway, I hope that you are following all of the rules and regulations very carefully without any deviation
- Why you are wasting time writing volumes of books on zero?
- Within ten years I have already written eighty-four books
- Without Your mercy such poetic expressions would be impossible for an ordinary living being to write. My guess is that You have given him the power
- Write immediately Karandhara. You want to publish books in Indonesian the national Language
- You have written several letters showing your humility. I can understand your behavior from those letters
- You have written something irregular, not knowing the regulative principles, but the goddess of learning, Sarasvati, has used your words to offer her prayers to the Supreme Lord
- You may be pleased to know that although I am engaged in the management of my many world-wide temples in the daytime, at night I write books
- You write on the car, "The Spiritual Master of USA." (laughter) And people will see, "Oh, here is the spiritual..." (laughs)
- You write to say that these are some nice typical examples of your binding work, so it is a great credit because these books any man would be proud to have
- You write to say that you have become frustrated with so many dualities of the material world and that sometimes you are engaged in sense gratification and sometimes renouncing
- You'll find Vyasadeva has written so many books, each book so valuable, instructive, but still he was condemned