Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
worth | worthful | worthiest | worthly | worthwhile | worthy
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Worthy"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A fully Krsna conscious person is not at all disturbed by the onslaughts of the threefold miseries, for he accepts all miseries as the mercy of the Lord, thinking himself only worthy of more trouble due to his past misdeeds
- A person who tries to understand Krsna with full knowledge and devotion by following in the footsteps of previous acaryas conversant with scientific knowledge of the Supreme Lord is praiseworthy
- Although my Guru Maharaja ordered me to accomplish this mission, I am not worthy or fit to do it. I am very fallen and insignificant. O Lord, now I am begging for Your mercy so that I may become worthy, for You are the wisest and most experienced of all
- Any kind of cotton cloth, you take, two paisa worth from, or two cent worth, and color, and you get it orange-colored and put on. Because in this age nobody is inquiring whether he is actually a sannyasi or not
- Arjuna said: O killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu, how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship?
- Brahma is the trustworthy representative of the Supreme Lord. Therefore when he again asked for the treasure of Vedic knowledge, the Lord fulfilled his desire
- Brahma knew very well that without devotional service to the Lord there is hardly any benefit for the conditioned souls, and therefore he at last created his worthy son Narada, who is the supreme spiritual master of all transcendentalists
- He (Banasura) was very intelligent and liberal also, and his activities are all praiseworthy because he never deviated from his promise and word of honor; he was very truthful & fixed in his vow. In those days, he was ruling over the city of Sonitapura
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- He (the Lord) is always prepared to give shelter to the surrendered soul, and anyone so fortunate as to look upon Him feels all satisfaction. The Lord is always worthy to be the master of the surrendered soul, for He is the ocean of mercy
- I am very much impressed by your quick progress in making ISKCON Press an efficient and worthwhile contributor to pushing on this Krishna Consciousness Movement, and on the whole it is a good report
- If a king or head of the government is able to induce the citizens to become Krsna conscious, then he is worthy to rule over the mass of people; otherwise, he has no right to levy taxes
- If he is prepared to discuss seriously how religion is becoming degraded all over the world, then it is worthwhile. Religion is now being taken as a formality
- If I defeat my godbrothers, then I am worthy to be called the guru of the Americans
- If so desired, we can worship the picture of Lord Jesus Christ who we admit as the son of Godhead. We worship all worthy sons and servants of God, but we kick on the face of all rascals who claim to have become God so cheaply
- Is it not? "We trust in God. I promise to pay you. Take this paper now. Not even one cent worth. It is written there hundred dollars." So I am thinking I am very happy: "Now I have got this paper." That's all. Cheaters and cheated. This is going on
- It is noteworthy that Krsna sometimes removes all of a rich man's opulences in order to facilitate his becoming a soul surrendered to Him. This is a special favor of the Lord's
- It is worthwhile to take shelter of such a steady devotee, who is called asraya-vigraha, or the manifestation or form of the Lord of whom one must take shelter
- Kardama Muni was anxious about his good wife, Devahuti, while leaving home, and so the worthy son promised that not only would Kardama Muni be freed from the material entanglement, but Devahuti would also be freed by receiving instruction from her son
- King Dusmanta replied: O Sakuntala, with beautiful eyebrows, you have taken your birth in the family of the great saint Visvamitra, and your reception is quite worthy of your family
- Krsna once addressed Jarati thus: "My dear good woman, the skin of your face is now slackened, and so your face exactly resembles a monkey's. As such, the King of the monkeys, Balimukha, has selected you as his worthy wife"
- Many ksatriyas have laid down their lives on the battlefield for their nations, but hardly a person can be found who has given up all his property and his accumulated wealth in charity to a person worthy of the gift
- Materialistic activities are not at all worthy of an intelligent man, for as a result of such activities, one gets a material body, which is full of misery
- Pious persons like you (Dadhici, the son of Atharva), whose activities are praiseworthy, are very kind and affectionate to people in general. What can't such pious souls give for the benefit of others? They can give everything, including their bodies
- Please be very sober in your dealings with these temple presidents, they are undoubtedly rendering a valuable service and are worthy of respect and encouragement
- Ramananda Roy has explained that there is nothing so glorious or worth of fame in this world for a person who knows the true value of life other than to be famed as a devotee of Krsna
- Regarding your article in BTG about Ayurvedic Medicine, I do not think this is very worthwhile endeavor. You have shown nice ability for writing so it will be more appreciated if you continue to study SB and BG and express the same by your assimilation
- Self-complacence with a polished type of animal civilization geared to sense gratification is delusion, and such a "civilization" is not worthy of the name
- So far as musical instruments are concerned I don't think it is worthwhile. Shipping charges and packing and duty come to more than that one could purchase in the states
- Taking a lotus flower in his trunk, he (Gajendra) addressed the Lord, saying, "O original enjoyer, Lord of the universe! O deliverer, as famous as a place of pilgrimage! All are purified simply by hearing Your holy name, which is worthy to be chanted"
- The 4 sages headed by Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "My dear SP of God, Your reputation is very attractive and free from all material contamination. Therefore You are worthy of being glorified & are actually the reservoir of all pilgrimages"
- The combination of male and female is worthwhile if the qualities of both are on an equal level
- The father discloses the confidence unto the son whom he thinks worthy. An important man in the social order can be known by his mercy only. Similarly, one must be very dear to the Lord in order to know the Lord
- The gopis said, "Of course, You (Krsna) are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and can do whatever You like, but it is not worthy of Your position to treat us in such a cruel way"
- The light of the sun and moon reflected on matter makes the matter bright and praiseworthy. The living symptoms are compared to the light of the sun and the moon illuminating material manifestations like trees and mountains
- The Lord appears, acts and leaves behind Him a narrative history which is as transcendental as He Himself. Every one of us is fond of hearing some wonderful narration, but most stories are neither auspicious nor worth hearing
- The report is that within the three days of Christmas holidays, we have sold one lakh worth of books within three days. So our books are being very much welcome in the Western countries, especially the Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- The sacred thread is a symbolic presentation. Not that to purchase one two-paise worth sacred thread and one becomes brahmana
- The sacred thread on the body of a brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya is a symbol of initiation by the spiritual master; it is worth nothing if worn merely to boast of high parentage
- They (the great rsis) were simply interested in the topics of Lord Krsna, for anything that is dovetailed with the narration of Krsna is worth hearing
- This child (Pariksit) will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as parents
- This child will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as his parents
- This trick (piercing the eye of a fish hanging on the ceiling) was especially made because only Arjuna could do it, and he (Maharaja Drupada) was successful in his desire to hand over his equally worthy daughter (Draupadi) to Arjuna
- Those who are not Vaisnavas consider only human society worthy of their sympathy, but Krsna claims to be the supreme father of all life forms. Consequently the Vaisnava takes care not to annihilate untimely or unnecessarily any life form
- We should always ask: "Krsna, I don't want any facility of this material world. I am not worthy to serve You; still, I am begging. Give me this facility so that I can get the chance to serve You."
- When the young girls heard that Lord Krsna, the only object worth seeing, was passing on the road, they were very eager to see this all-famous personality. Their hair loosened, & their tightened saris became slack due to their hastily rushing to see Him
- While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead
- Who can be worthy of the name of the Supreme Lord but the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna?