Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
wonder | wondered | wondering | wonders | wondrous
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Wonder"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- Americans are now regretting the wholesale criminality of American society and are wondering how America has become so lawless and unmanageable
- Arjuna's natural loving friendship was overwhelmed by wonder
- As far as counsel is concerned, simply keep up your fresh utsaha or enthusiasm for service. That will accomplish wonders. And always remain ideal yourself by strict adherence to the bhakti principles
- As far as the conditioned soul is concerned, there is no wonder that he has some sinful activities in his past life, and this should be admitted and confessed before the Lord
- At first, Balarama was surprised by the demon’s appearance, and He began to wonder, "How is it that all of a sudden this carrier has changed in every way?"
- Because of the situation created by the universal form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Arjuna became bewildered in wonder
- Besides the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- By God's grace, by nature's law, each and every planet is made differently and has different wonderful features. All such wonders were personally experienced by Kardama Muni while he traveled with his wife
- By seeing His (Lord Caitanya) dancing, not only was the whole universe held in wonder, but Lord Jagannatha Himself became very much astonished
- Faltering of the voice resulting from wonder was exhibited by Brahma. It is said in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Tenth Canto, 13th Chapter, 59th verse that, after bowing down before Lord Krsna, when Brahma began to rise he prayed to the Lord in a faltering voice
- For one year there was no discussion of the incident of the Aghasura demon in the village of Vraja. But when the boys attained their sixth year, they informed their parents of the incident with great wonder
- Having shown the verse to Svarupa Damodara with great wonder, Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked him how Rupa Gosvami could understand the intentions of His mind
- He (a needy man who took Sanatana Gosvami's touchstone, but later on wondered why the valuable stone was kept in such a neglected place) therefore asked him (Sanatana Gosvami) for the most valuable thing, and then he was given the holy name of the Lord
- He (Sanatana Gosvami) had a touchstone with him, and this stone was left in a pile of refuse. A needy man took it, but later on wondered why the valuable stone was kept in such a neglected place
- I (Kasyapa Muni) wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your (Aditi's) family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- I am always wondering why after so many years nothing can be done to print profusely my books and literatures in European languages
- I am always wondering, why others do not write, so many big big preachers we have got, but none of them write, so if you can inspire them to write in more convincing way, that is great service, do it
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- In the Christian religion all we see is Christ's picture as he was crucified, so how people can be attracted to such thing? There is no science, philosophy, music, art, Prasadam, it is no wonder that the people are rejecting this nonsense
- In the revealed scriptures the following twelve varieties of rasas are enumerated: (1) anger, (2) wonder, (3) conjugal love, (4) comedy, (5) chivalry, (6) mercy, (7) servitorship, (8) fraternity, (9) horror, (10) shock, (11) neutrality, (12) parenthood
- Kamsa was always in anxiety, wondering when Krsna would come to kill him. That kind of thinking will not help us. One should be thinking of Krsna in devotional love. That is bhakti
- Krsna continues, "For many days I have been observing you, and I have been wondering, 'When will Madhavendra Puri come here to serve Me'"
- Krsna is the S P of God, the cause of all causes, the reservoir of all rasas, or relationships, which are called neutrality, servitorship, friendship, parenthood, conjugal love, comedy, compassion, fear, chivalry, ghastliness, wonder and devastation
- Nanda Maharaja was surprised that although the demigod was so opulent, he offered such respect to Krsna. That was very astonishing to Nanda, and he began to describe the incident to his friends and relatives with great wonder
- Now, when he (the brahmana) looked at his finger, he saw that it was burnt, and he was wondering in astonishment how this could have happened
- Regarding parampara system: there is nothing to wonder for big gaps
- Repetition of the glories of Krsna is not a literary weakness. It is said that at a time of bewilderment or wonder or of great ecstasy, statements are repeated over and over. That is not a flaw
- Rukminidevi said, "The SPG kidnapped me the way a lion takes away a lamb from the flock. This was not, a very wondrous act for Krsna, because anyone who claims to be a great hero or king within this world is subordinate to the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Saying this, the boy left the place. Indeed, He suddenly could be seen no more, and Madhavendra Puri's heart was filled with wonder
- She (Rukmini-devi) then began to wonder, "Who is this beautiful young boy? He appears to be the most beautiful person. Who is the fortunate young woman able to conceive this nice boy in her womb and become his mother"
- The above statements describe some of the wonderful reservoirs of pleasure within Krsna, as well as the transcendental qualities of His personality
- The activities of a person, even if they are not very extraordinary, create an impression of wonder in the heart and mind of the person's friends
- The business of the vaisya community is trade, commerce and the protection of cows. Therefore his friend, who may have been born into a brahmana family, expressed his wonder at how such an exalted child could take birth in a family of vaisyas
- The materialists are more interested in the physical laws and how they are acting, and they see wonders in those physical glamors. Sometimes, due to physical glamors, they forget the glories of the Lord
- The modern demons are the harmful material scientists who create some material wonders for disturbance in the society
- The transcendental vibration of Krsna’s flute blocked the movements of the rain clouds, struck the Gandharvas full of wonder, and agitated the meditation of great saintly persons like Sanaka and Sanandana
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- This inundation after the period of Caksusa Manu took place in order to show some wonders to Satyavrata
- Vasudeva very humbly wondered that although he was an ordinary living entity conditioned by material nature and was externally imprisoned by Kamsa, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, Visnu, or Krsna, was appearing as a child in his home
- Vasudeva was shivering with wonder to see a newborn child decorated so nicely with valuable garments and gems. He could immediately understand that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had appeared
- We have seen already that we can hardly calculate the wondrous condition of life in Brahmaloka, but the highest condition of life, the mode of goodness, can bring us to this
- When Aditi saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Vamanadeva), who had appeared from her own womb, having accepted a transcendental body by His own spiritual potency, she was struck with wonder and was very happy
- When Advaita Acarya arrived, He stood before the Lord and offered His obeisances. After seeing Him, the Lord began to wonder about the entire situation
- When Balarama saw this extraordinary exchange of affection between the cows & the calves and between the fathers and their children - when neither the calves nor children needed so much care - He began to wonder why this extraordinary thing had happened
- When King Mucukunda saw Krsna's magnificent features, he wondered about His identity, and with great humility he asked the Lord, "My dear Lord, may I inquire how it is that You happened to be in the cave of this mountain? Who are You"
- When Krsna saw Balarama finally defeated by Sridama, who was using only a small stick, Krsna became filled with pleasure and began to look upon Sridama with great wonder
- While Krsna was enjoying the company of the gopis in the rasa dance, the astonished demigods and their wives gathered in the sky. The moon, being afflicted with a sort of lust, began to watch the dance and became stunned with wonder
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth herself taking Krsna on her lap and having Him suck her breast. Upon seeing all this, she became struck with awe and began to wonder whether she were dreaming or actually seeing something extraordinary
- Yudhisthira said, "Actually, we are fit to be punished by You (Krsna), but the wonder is that instead of punishing us You so kindly and mercifully accept our orders and carry them out properly"