Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
wet | wetted | wetting
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Wet"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- According to the Vedic system, an animal to be offered as a sacrifice has to be bathed first, and while the animal is wet it is sacrificed
- Advaita Acarya then suggested that since Caitanya Mahaprabhu had taken His bath in the river Yamuna and His underwear was now wet, the Lord should change His underwear for dry garments
- After enjoying fully amongst themselves, the queens and Lord Krsna would come out of the water, and they would give up their wet garments, which were very valuable, to be taken away by the professional singers and dancers
- As Krsna pressed her breast extremely hard and sucked out her very breath, Putana fell down on the ground, spread her arms and legs and began to cry, “Oh, child, leave me, leave me!” She was crying loudly and perspiring, and her whole body became wet
- Because his disease produced wet sores on his body, Sanatana Gosvami used to avoid embracing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but nevertheless the Lord would embrace him by force. This made Sanatana Gosvami very unhappy
- Because of the liquids thrown on their (Queens) bodies thrown by Krsna & Arjuna, the saris covering them became completely wet. Parts of their beautiful bodies, particularly their breasts & their waists, became partially visible because of the wet cloth
- In their childhood pastimes, all these cowherd boys joined with Krsna in stealing butter. But rather than become angry, Mother Yasoda became wet from the milk flowing out of her breasts
- In this connection the example of the rainy season is very appropriate. Seasonal rainfall may be taken as the agent for creation because after the rainfall the wet fields are favorable for growing different types of vegetation
- Krsna then began to kick his (Aristasura's) body, just as one squeezes a wet cloth on the ground. Being thus kicked by Krsna, Aristasura rolled over and began to move his legs violently
- Kuntidevi's eyes became wet, and, in great love, she feelingly embraced Lord Krsna. She then inquired from Him about the well-being of her paternal family members - her brother Vasudeva, his wife and other members of the family
- Of course by their collecting more money and giving to Krsna, He will relieve them of all anxiety of telling lies. But not everyone is able to catch the big fish without themselves becoming wet
- On the battlefield (where Sri Krsna attended Arjuna out of friendship), the flowing hair of Lord Krsna turned ashen due to the dust raised by the hoofs of the horses. And because of His labor, beads of sweat wetted His face
- One's material body, being a gift of the Lord for carrying out a particular type of action, can be engaged in Krsna consciousness. It is then beyond contamination by sinful reactions, exactly as the lotus leaf, though remaining in the water, is not wet
- Scented waters prepared by distilling flowers like rose and keora were requisitioned to wet the roads, streets and lanes of Dvaraka-dhama. Such places, along with the marketplace and public meeting places, were thoroughly cleansed
- She was thus constantly engaged in supplying milk to Krsna after wetting the covering cloth over the jug
- Tears came forcefully from the eyes of the Lord, as if from a syringe, and all the people surrounding Him became wet
- The sages came from the highest planets down to the lower region through the water of the Ganges, and therefore the hair on their heads was wet
- The whole atmosphere would change into a greatly festive celebration. In a festive mood, the wives of the Lord would sometimes sprinkle water on the His body with a syringelike instrument, and the Lord would similarly wet the bodies of the queens
- They (Nanda and Yasoda) embraced Balarama and, seating Him on their laps, began their perpetual crying, wetting Balarama with their tears
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When many very great sages were offering prayers to Lord Krsna, glorifying His activities, the Queen of Gokula, Mother Yasoda, entered the battlefield of Kuruksetra, wetting the lower part of her sari with the milk flowing from her breast
- When the face becomes wet, the sleeping tendency is immediately removed
- When the wives of Lord Krsna thus became wet, their breasts and thighs would increase in beauty a thousand times, and their long hair would fall down to decorate those parts of their bodies
- Why should you kill these innocent animals? You take. You keep them muda, happy, and you get so much milk that it will moist, it will make wet the ground. This is civilization. This is civilization