Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
wait | waited | waiting | waits | waits
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Wait"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- Advaita Acarya was just about to go to Jagannatha Puri with the other devotees, but upon hearing this message, He waited. Sivananda Sena and Jagadananda also stayed back, awaiting the arrival of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Almost all the sages go to the Himalayas for their personal benefit, but Prahlada Maharaja said that he did not want liberation alone. He decided to wait until he was able to deliver all the fallen souls of the world
- Although seen by the police, a criminal is sometimes not immediately punished; the police wait for the proper time to apprehend him
- Although the fighting between Krsna and Jambavan went on for twenty-eight days, the inhabitants of Dvaraka waited outside the tunnel for twelve days, and after that they decided that something undesirable must have happened
- Another gopi said, "With leaves and flowers decorating His (Krsnas) body, He looks like some hero. When He plays on His flute and calls the cows with Balarama, the river Yamuna stops flowing and waits for the air to carry dust from His lotus feet"
- Anything valuable takes a little time to come into existence. Therefore there is no harm in waiting for the best thing. But everything is well that ends well: That should be the principle
- As far as Maharaja Prthu was concerned, he had already practiced this process (the kundalini-cakra), and since he did not want to wait for the time when his death would occur naturally, he took advantage of the sat-cakra penetration process
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama heard that Nanda Maharaja was waiting for Them and could not take his food in Their absence, They started to return
- As the Founder-Acarya and final authority on all ISKCON matters please be informed that until you receive authorization from me you may kindly wait in these matters of loans until further notice from me
- Bali Maharaja was prepared to give everything to Lord Visnu, and Sukracarya, being a professional priest, might have been anxiously waiting, doubting whether there had been any such instance in history in which one had given everything in charity
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- Doorkeeper said, "My dear Indra, please desist from reading your prayers. This is creating a disturbance. Please wait silently. My dear Varuna, please go away. & my dear demigods, do not waste your time uselessly. Krsna is very busy; He cannot see You"
- Dressed in excellent robes, her charming breasts duly girded, she (Devahuti) was waited upon by a thousand Gandharva girls. O destroyer of the enemy (Vidura), his (Kardama Muni's) fondness for her grew, and he placed her on the aerial mansion
- Each queen did all these things herself and did not wait for the maidservants. In other words, Krsna and His different queens displayed on this earth an ideal household life
- Even a great devotee like Bhisma met his end by being pierced with hundreds of arrows, but he was so powerful that he waited in that condition to see Lord Krishna before he passed away
- Even though it is not possible to repay you (Diti), I (Kasyapa) shall satisfy your sex desire immediately for the sake of begetting children. But you must wait for only a few seconds so that others may not reproach me
- Haridasa Thakura said, "I am the most sinful and lowest among men. Later I shall eat one palmful of prasadam while waiting outside"
- Hariscandra was certainly very much attached to his son. Because of this affection, he asked the demigod Varuna to wait. Thus Varuna waited and waited for the time to come
- He (Banasura) always waited for the day when the suitable fighter would come to cut down his strength. He was such a foolish demon
- He (Kamsa) patiently waited for the delivery of the child, expecting to kill Him (Krsna), as he had done previously with the other babies of Devaki
- He's (Karandhara dasa Adhikari) not very old. And he wants to take sannyasa also. He's a grhastha, he has got a child. And: "Just wait. We shall arrange for your... You are already sannyasi." He lives apart from his wife. So he's very nice boy
- His motto should be: "Why shall I wait for next year? Let me pass in this year." Similarly, we should be very serious: "Why we shall wait for the next life? Let us finish this life and go back to Godhead, Krsna, and dance there"
- However until today there has been no arrival of the Hindi BTG, so I am still waiting for it
- I am sorry to learn that Visvanatha and Kunti Devi did not take this very seriously. What can be done? They will have to wait to the next life, or if Krishna's Mercy is there, they will come back surely
- I have become very big Vaisnava. Let me sleep under the name of chanting Hare Krsna. That is not Vaisnava. Vaisnava must be very busy, always awaiting the order of Krsna
- I have decided not to give Jayananda das the sannyasa order of life at this time, let him wait
- I have informed Upendra das, who is in Vrndavana, that his ticket is waiting for him in Delhi. So it is good that you have arranged it. And I think that he will be a good asset for your activities there in Fiji
- I have noted by your letter that already you are progressing nicely by associating with devotees and chanting 22 rounds daily so there is no more any need to wait
- I have noted your scheme for a greater Sankirtana party in Germany. Your ambition will certainly be fulfilled, but wait till Krishna gives you the adequate chance. You require more men and wait till that time
- I have received the karatalas, but it is completely hopeless. The man has cheated us cent per cent, but there is no way to rectify it and we shall wait for future to get the right thing
- I must have now the Permanent visa otherwise I cannot go to Montreal and work will suffer very much if I do not go to Montreal by the next month. Kindly let me know what you have done in this connection and I shall wait your letter with interest
- I shall choose some guru. I shall say, "Now you become acarya. You become authorized." I am waiting for that. You become all acarya. I retire completely. But the training must be complete
- I understand that there is new hope now for getting a nice temple there, so I will await the results with interest
- I will wait until I become old man, then I will become spiritually advanced. No, it is better if one starts immediately
- If a devotee chants the holy name even once inoffensively, this protects him eternally. He need only wait for the results of the chanting to mature in due course of time
- If I have to gain something supernatural which will give me the ultimate benefit of my life, then why shall I wait for old age?
- If there is actually a brahmacarini asrama organized by San Francisco devotees, it will be very nice to keep there Jadurani as the leader of the brahmacarinis. I am very glad that two other devotees are waiting for me
- If you are feeling inconvenience being the only woman devotee in Mombasa you may move. I have invited you to attend the Mayapur festival, but if you cannot wait then you can move at once to the Nairobi temple, or you may come to India and stay at Mayapur
- If you want to see God just face to face, not fiction, then you must follow the rules and regulation, you must chant, you must purify yourself. You must wait. The time will come. When you are purified, you'll see God
- In my opinion, because you wanted permission of your parents, you should wait at least for such time when your parents will permit you. But if you are strongly desirous, then you can disregard your father's desire and make advancement in KC
- In special cases, of course, there is special favor from Krsna, and although we should always expect that, we should not sit idly and simply wait for Krsna's special mercy; the regular duties must be performed
- It is my duty because you have accepted me as your spiritual master. So I am repeating my spiritual master's order that "Don't wait for another life"
- It is nice to hear that your ministers visa is being processed. In the meantime you can just wait. You will be the right person to be in charge of the temple. Krishna is giving you time for being perfectly trained up
- It was naturally expected that when Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya fainted and fell to the ground Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would have taken care of him and waited for him to regain consciousness, but He did not do so
- Kamsa finally decided not to kill Devaki right away but to wait for the inevitable future. But his mind became absorbed in animosity against the Personality of Godhead
- Kamsa said, "That is my request to you. Now, my plan is to kill these two boys. As soon as They come in the gate, there will be a giant elephant named Kuvalayapida waiting, and possibly he will be able to kill Them"
- Kamsa was very anxiously waiting because of the prophecy that the eighth child of Devaki would kill him. This time, naturally, he was awake and waiting, and when the watchmen approached him, he immediately took action to kill the child
- Kamsa was waiting to hear the news of the child's birth, and the gatekeepers immediately approached him and informed him that the child was born
- Karttikeya addressed King Mucukunda, "Time and tide wait for no man. Now even if you return to your home, you will find no one living there"
- Kindly therefore do the needful immediately as I want both the passport and certificate very urgently, and I am simply waiting for them
- King Pariksit affords a good example of bhava. When sitting on the bank of the Ganges waiting to meet his death due to the curse of a brahmana boy he said...
- Krsna continued, "One can take advantage of a place of pilgrimage only after going there, and worshiping a particular demigod involves waiting a long time for the fulfillment of one's desire"
- Let me begin the printing immediately as we have waited so much time. I am now fit to return back but I shall be glad to return with permanent Visa. I am going to Calcutta to visit Lord Caitanya's birthplace
- Live very cautiously and preach very cautiously and seriously, then in this one life you will become successful, go back to home, back to Godhead. One life. You haven't got to wait for another life
- Material advancement in religion, economic development, sense gratification and liberation simply wait to serve a devotee at the first opportunity. A devotee is already in a transcendental position; he does not need further qualifications to be liberated
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "Please come back and take Your lunch at home. Your father Nandaraja is waiting for You. He has to eat, so You must come back so that he can eat"
- Narada, like Vidura, did not disclose the imminent annihilation of the Yadu dynasty, but indirectly gave a hint to the King and his brothers to wait till the incident happened and the Lord departed
- Naturally, I want to see that all of my centres are going nicely, so is it not possible to mitigate the differences of opinion and work smoothly, conjointly. So best thing is that we wait for the Mayapur meeting and decide there combinedly what to do
- Next he (Jarasandha) turned toward Balarama and addressed Him, "You, Balarama! If You like You can fight along with Him, and if You have patience, then You can wait to be killed by my arrows. Thus You can be promoted to heaven"
- Nitai may correct whatever mistakes are there, but the corrected material must be sent to me for final approval. So reprinting the volumes will have to wait until the mistakes are corrected and approved by me
- No you should not install Gaura nitai deities if you do not have the required Brahmins. Better wait
- Offenders have to wait until they receive the mercy of devotees, and then they can become eligible to see the lotus feet of the Lord within themselves. But due to their offenses and their extreme materialism, they cannot see even the devotees of the Lord
- Only pure devotees, they are, they are simply satisfied to carry out the orders of Krsna. Therefore, they have no demands. And anyone who is wanting something predominance, materially or spiritually, they are not pure devotee. They are impure
- Only the devotees of Lord Visnu or Krishna can be purified, not the devotees of any demigod. They will have to wait for their next birth according to their own karma
- Regarding children, when you are married you will have children undoubtedly, but you should wait for the opportune moment when Krishna will bestow upon you all good fortune. Our line of action is enthusiasm and patience
- Regarding Rukmini, I think that if she is desiring to marry Upendra then that idea is very nice and approved by me. If she will rather wait for awhile that is all right but in either case Upendra should be informed of her plans
- Regarding Uddhava, I am very glad that he is going to marry Lilasukha. She is a very nice girl. I approve. They can wait and finish school as her mother desires. But they can become betrothed, engaged, now
- Regarding your desire to return to Africa, I think that it would be best if the matter be decided at the next Mayapur meeting. Therefore kindly wait until then
- Rudra was advised not to destroy while the period of creation and maintenance was going on, but to situate himself in penance and wait for the time of dissolution, when his services would be called for
- Satyabhama was so beautiful and qualified that Satrajit, in spite of being asked for her hand by many princes, was waiting to find a suitable son-in-law. By the grace of Krsna he decided to hand his daughter over to Him
- So far your request for initiations for Patrick and Jane, that is approved by me. So far the infant is concerned, let him wait until he is older
- So I am repeating my spiritual master's order, "Don't wait for another life." That is a very risky, another life. Maybe I am given the chance of taking my birth in a good brahmana family or a rich family, but there is chance of again being spoiled
- Some years ago, when I was visiting your house, your father requested me to teach you Bhagavad-gita. I immediately agreed to this proposal, but later on your father changed his mind and he wanted to wait until your education would be finished
- Sri Bilvamangala Thakur has said, "And as far as liberation is concerned, I think liberation stands at my door with folded hands waiting to serve me"
- Surcharged with passion and ignorance and not knowing what was good or bad for them, the asuras, for whom impending death was waiting, began the persecution of the saintly persons
- Syamasundara Prabhu is still unable to pay because the things are not sold yet. Let us wait & see
- The doorkeeper, who had to manage the entrance of all these demigods, one very busy day said, "My dear Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, please sit down on this bench and wait"
- The important visitor is waiting for one hour. So this is enjoyment. The Prime Minister is not the horse, but he is enjoying taking his grandchild on the back and he was playing like a horse and the grandchild was, "Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut!"
- The one teacher was waiting and the other teacher was teaching me how to play on mrdanga. So my mother would be angry that "What is this nonsense? You (my father) are teaching mrdanga? What he will do with this mrdanga?"
- The whole idea is that everyone should be given the chance of being liberated in this very life. No more waiting for again for further, another life
- The word apurva is very significant. The resultant actions of karma are called apurva. When we act piously or impiously, immediate results do not ensue. We therefore wait for the results, which are called apurva
- There are many instances in which the parents of a female child have given someone a verbal promise that their daughter will be married to his son. Both parties agree to wait until the boy and girl are grown up, and then the marriage takes place
- They're being punished every moment, every step, "No, God is not there." All right. Wait a few years more, God will show either you are dead or He's dead
- This artificial life is not actual life. We are perceiving. Suppose there have been no rain for one or two years. There is a time when for hundreds of years there will be no rain. You have to wait for that time. That time is coming at the end of Kali-yuga
- This is a very easy task (begetting children by fulfilling sexual desire) for a husband under normal conditions. In spite of Kasyapa's being very eager, he requested her (Diti) to wait for a few seconds so that others might not reproach him
- This is the only yoga system, bhakti-yoga system, that one can practice for quick result and self-realization and liberation even in this life. He hasn't got to wait for another life. It is so nice, Krsna consciousness
- This verse explains the words ksaura-pavyam svayam bhrami, which especially refer to the orbit of eternal time. It is said that time and tide wait for no man
- Those who are surrendered souls, they will wait for the instruction of guru and do accordingly
- Wait for accumulation of your sinful activities, and there will be war, and the America will drop the atom bomb, and Russia will be finished. Both will be finished. Go on now enjoying. It takes time. Just like even if you infect some disease
- We have to wait for that revelation. Not by force. Force will not act. Krsna is not our order-supplier, servant: "Krsna, please come here. I'll see You." No, no. That will not do. You must be submissive, first of all surrender
- We shall eagerly wait for the happy days of Bhagavata-dharma, or prema-dharma, inaugurated by the Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We should know it well that Krishna is no poor man, and He can give us any amount at any time. Simply He is waiting to see that we will use it (money) according to His desire
- When Brahmaji and other demigods want to consult Lord Visnu, the plenary portion of Lord Krsna, they have to wait on the shore of the ocean of milk where Lord Visnu is lying on White Land Setadvipa
- When Maharaja Ambarisa, in his dilemma, consulted the brahmanas about whether he should break the fast or wait for Durvasa Muni, apparently they could not give a definite answer about what to do
- When one comes to this age (the period of youth from age sixteen to thirty) he thinks that life will go on and that he will simply continue enjoying his senses, but, "Time and tide wait for no man"
- When the Lord lay down on the bed, Advaita Acarya waited to massage His legs, but the Lord was very hesitant and spoke as follows to Advaita Acarya
- Whenever He (Krsna) returns in the evening from herding cows with His cowherd boy friends, Radharani has a nice preparation waiting for Lord Krsna
- While Krsna was within the mouth of Aghasura, the demon’s spirit soul came out like a dazzling light, illuminating all directions, and waited in the sky
- Who can guarantee that he is not nearing death? Everyone is nearing death at every moment. Why should you wait for old age? That is manda-mater, bad intelligence
- Why should you wait for another birth or in another planet? Finish. Now, if you are actually serious about Krsna consciousness, then finish now
- Without waiting another second (when Kurus saw their city was falling into Ganges) they brought forward their daughter Laksmana. They also brought Samba, who had forcibly tried to take her away, keeping him in the forefront with Laksmana at his back
- You are getting some profit by your karma, fruitive karma, but you are creating another life, another life. To enjoy the fruitive result of this karma you'll have to wait for next life
- You can keep a note of my activities and can wait for writing book at suitable time
- You cannot see God by your endeavor because your senses are all nonsense. You have to purify your senses and you have to wait for the time when God will be pleased to reveal Himself before you
- You wait there for me and be engaged as you are doing, chanting, reading, etc. Nobody is your enemy, rest assured. All of your godbrothers are as good as you are. So you remain peacefully in Calcutta and you shall remain with me when I come there