Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
vibration | vibrations
- VedaBase query: vibration* not "transcendental vibration*" not "sound vibration*"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Vibration"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- A gopi described, "Like us, who are enchanted by the ocean of the transcendental qualities of Krsna, the she-deer become enchanted by the vibration of His flute"
- A gopi described, "The wives of the black deer become enchanted upon hearing the vibration of His flute, which resembles the vibration of the vina. The deer come to Krsna and become so charmed that they stand still, forgetting their homes and husbands"
- After hearing the vibration of the flute of Krsna, the gopis in Vrndavana remembered Him and began to talk amongst themselves about how nicely Krsna was playing His flute
- All potencies are invested in the holy vibration of the holy name of the Lord. There is no doubt that the holy name of the Lord, or omkara, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- All the citizens joined their friends & relatives to welcome Lord Krsna with great pomp & jubilation, & a tumultuous vibration of conchshells, drums & bugles received the Lord. In this way the SP of Godhead, Krsna, entered His capital, Dvaraka
- All the gopis were by nature very much attracted to Krsna’s beauty, and when they heard the vibration of His flute, they became apparently lustful to satisfy the senses of Krsna
- Along with this chanting of mantras and songs, bugles and kettledrums are sounded outside the house. On this occasion (the ceremony for Krsna's birth), the joyous vibrations could be heard in all the pasturing grounds and all the houses
- Although a physical body is not present, the vibration should be accepted as the presence of the spiritual master, vibration. What we have heard from the spiritual master, that is living
- Although you cannot go there, it is far, far beyond your reach, but you can understand that the sunshine is coming from the sun globe. There is no doubt about it. Similarly this vibration, this shining, is coming from Krsna, Goloka
- Arjuna gave aural reception to such vibrations, and thus he became freed from all the illusions of material problems
- As far as His flute is concerned, it is said that the vibration of this wonderful instrument was able to break the meditation of the greatest sages, and Krsna was thus challenging Cupid by advertising His transcendental glories all over the world
- As she died screaming, there was a tremendous vibration on the earth and in the sky, on the upper and lower planets and in all directions, and people thought that thunderbolts were falling. Thus the nightmare of the Putana witch was over
- As soon as he (Narada Muni) strokes the strings (of his vina), all the devotees begin responding, making a very beautiful vibration
- Because there were so many nice trees of fruits and flowers, all the sweetly chirping birds and buzzing bumblebees joined together to make sweet vibrations
- Bhaktisiddhanta's writing is not very easy to understand, yes; but we should try, read and read again, and simply that vibration will help us
- By chanting (Hare Krsna maha-mantra) this movement, by the vibration, gradually one's heart, which is so contaminated that he is denying the existence of God, will be gradually simplified or clarified
- Concentrating the mind on Krsna, even by vibration, because there is no difference of identity between the vibration of the name of Krsna and Krsna, therefore this is the highest form of yoga practice. And life dedicated for Krsna's service
- Curiously enough, although the other party (Jarasandha's party) was equipped with greater military strength, when they heard the vibration of Krsna's conchshell their hearts were shaken
- Don't accept this chanting as something auspicious activity. It is transcendental to auspicious and inauspicious activities. It is a vibration from the spiritual sky which will attract you gradually to the spiritual sky, beyond this material sky
- Due to aroma of the parijata flower, the honeybees would begin their humming vibration, & the birds also would begin their sweet chirping sounds. All together it would sound like the singing of professional chanters engaged in offering prayers to Krsna
- Due to the forceful vibration of kirtana, the entire world began trembling. When everyone chanted the holy name, they made a tumultuous sound
- Even by the vibration of radio sound, we can partially realize sound relativity, and by resounding the sound of transcendence we can verily feel the presence of the Lord
- Everywhere were heard the sounds of the conchshell and kettledrum and various other vibrations of music and song. The learned brahmanas showered their blessings upon the newly married couple (Krsna and Satya)
- From the sky, the denizens of the heavenly planets showered flowers like the mallika, the most fragrant of all flowers, as a token of their congratulations. Accompanying the showers of flowers was a vibration of bugles, drums and conchshells
- Functions would be accompanied by the beating of mrdanga drums & the sounds of the vina, flutes & bells, followed by the sound of the muraja, another type of drum. To these musical vibrations, the auspicious sound of the conchshell would be added
- Haridasa Thakura said that the chanting of the holy names is so powerful that even if one chants in the remotest parts of the jungle, the trees and animals will advance in Krsna consciousness simply by hearing the vibration
- He (Yudhisthira) ordered the musical vibration of different instruments and songs, and the learned brahmanas of the city began to chant the hymns of the Vedas very loudly
- Hearing the vibration, Yamaraja appeared and received Sri Krsna with all respectful obeisances. Yamaraja could understand who Krsna and Balarama were, and therefore he immediately offered his humble service to the Lord
- I have tested it definitely that melodious vibration of Sankirtana, if they are performed by serious devotees, can attract people from the very spiritual platform
- Immediately upon hearing the vibration of the flute, they (the gopis) all left their respective engagements and proceeded to the spot where Krsna was standing. While they ran very swiftly, their earrings swung back and forth
- In both the Bible and the Koran it is always recommended to be engaged always in kirtana or glorifying the Supreme Lord. Kirtana means to glorify the Lord by your vibration
- In his book Stavavali, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has prayed for the mercy of Radharani, who was so captivated by the flute vibrations of Krsna that She immediately asked information of His whereabouts from residents in the Vrndavana forest
- In the material world even an ass enjoys his sound vibration, but in the Vaikunthas such nice birds as the peacock, the cakravaka and the cuckoo prefer to hear the vibration of the glories of the Lord from the bees
- In the present age the vibration of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra is the only process that is in a transcendental position, beyond material contamination
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute, Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- King Pariksit continued, "Since the mind is material and the vibration of words is a material sound, how can the Vedic knowledge, expressing by material sound the thoughts of the material mind, approach transcendence"
- Kirtana is the universal principle, therefore, if you chant Hare Krishna offenselessly, that is to say, avoiding the 10 kinds of offenses, the vibration is sure to act
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (3) His playing on the flute, whose vibration attracts the three worlds
- Krsna said to Radharani, "Your sweet words defeat the vibrations of the cuckoo, and Your limbs are cooler than the pulp of sandalwood"
- Laksmana said, "As soon as I placed my garland on the neck of the Lord, there sounded immediately the combined vibration of mrdangas, pataha and anaka drums, conchshells, kettledrums and other instruments, causing a tumultuous sound"
- Laksmana said, "At that time the vibration of ‘Jaya! Jaya!’ was heard all over the world, and from the sky came sounds of drums beaten by the denizens of heaven"
- Let me describe the meaning of the third verse (of the first fourteen). It is an auspicious vibration that describes the Absolute Truth
- Lord Caitanya taught that we should simply cry, and we shall simply pray for accepting us. That's all. So this vibration is simply a cry for addressing the Supreme Lord
- On Kailasa Hill there is always the rhythmical sound of the peacocks' sweet vibrations and the bees' humming. Cuckoos are always singing, and other birds whisper amongst themselves
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "The vibration of My transcendental flute attracts the three worlds, but My ears are enchanted by the sweet words of Srimati Radharani"
- One gopi said, "The sound Krsna produces with his flute creates such a nice atmosphere that the denizens of the heavenly planets, who travel in space with their wives and beloveds, stop their airplanes, for they are stunned by the vibration of the flute"
- Our loving propensity expands just as a vibration of light or air expands, but we do not know where it ends
- Our mind is so disturbed that concentration of meditation is not possible. But this chanting, as soon as we chant, by force our mind is engaged in chanting and hearing, by force: "Hare Krsna." So even my mind is disturbed, by the vibration I am attracted
- Radharani said, "It is very pleasant, but still I would like to go to the bank of the Yamuna beneath the trees of the forest there. I wish to hear the vibration of His sweet flute playing the fifth note within that forest of Vrndavana"
- Radharani was weaving a garland of kunda flowers, and upon hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute, She immediately stopped Her work. This is an example of direct moistened existential ecstatic love
- Radharani's friend said, "I think it may be granted that this person is the same enchanting Personality of Godhead by whose flute vibration the three worlds are captivated. He must be the same Mukunda who is standing before Govardhan Hill"
- Raising His arms, the Lord asked everyone to chant loudly the vibration of the holy name of Lord Hari. There immediately arose a great stir, and the vibration of "Hari!" filled all directions
- Regarding the presentation of "Govindam'' as well as other mantras, the vibration is always pure. I will give the theme and if the sound is Westernized that does not matter
- Sankaracarya has indirectly minimized the value of the principal Vedic mantra (omkara) by accepting a subordinate vibration (tat tvam asi) as the most important Vedic mantra
- Show them how to count on the finger divisions, and have them listen one by one to the tape of me reciting gayatri mantra, repeating each vibration as I say it
- Since I have heard the name of a person called Krsna, I have practically lost My good sense. Then, there is another person who plays His flute in such a way that after I hear the vibration, intense madness arises in My heart
- Some of these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are dancing, falling down and rolling on the ground, singing and crying very loudly, bodily contortions, loud vibrations and yawning
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never considered the holy name of the Lord to be a material vibration, nor does any pure devotee mistake the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra to be a material musical manifestation
- Srila Ramananda Raya further inquired, "How have you described Vrndavana, the vibration of the transcendental flute, and the relationship between Krsna and Radhika?'
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- The brahmanas recited auspicious Vedic hymns, which purified the environment by their vibration. The experts in reciting old histories like the Puranas, the experts in reciting the histories of royal families, and general reciters all chanted
- The chanter has to concentrate on hearing the vibration, and without extra endeavor on his part, the Lord will automatically appear
- The citizens of Indraprastha felt their hearts become joyful simply by hearing the vibration of Krsna's conchshell because they could understand that Jarasandha had been killed. Now the Rajasuya sacrifice by King Yudhisthira was almost certain
- The city (of Indra) always resounded with the vibrations of peacocks, pigeons and bees, and above the city flew airplanes full of beautiful women who constantly chanted auspicious songs that were very pleasing to the ear
- The deep vibration of Krsna's flute surpasses the thundering of new clouds and attracts the aural reception of the entire world
- The devotee thus surpasses the subtle objects of different senses like aroma by smelling, the palate by tasting, vision by seeing forms, touch by contacting, the vibrations of the ear by ethereal identification, and the sense organs by material activities
- The glories of Sri Advaita Acarya are boundless, for His sincere vibrations brought about Lord Caitanya's descent upon this earth
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The gopis continued, "Dear Krsna, we are seeking Your kisses, which You offer even to Your flute. The vibration of Your flute enchants the whole world and our hearts also. Kindly, therefore, return and kiss us with Your mouth of nectar"
- The gopis were so much attracted to Krsna that when they heard the vibration of His flute they instantly left their homes, families, children, honor and feminine bashfulness and ran toward the place where Krsna was standing
- The idea is that our loving propensity expands as vibration of air and light expands, but we do not know where it ends. The Krishna Consciousness movement teaches us this science how one can love everyone of the living entities perfectly by an easy method
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The nose can be utilized in smelling the flowers offered to the Deity, and the hearing can be utilized by listening to the vibration of the Hare Krsna mantra. In this way the senses can be regulated and utilized to advance Krsna consciousness
- The other gopi continued, "Here the vibration of the flute was heard, and Krsna, along with His elder brother, Sri Balarama, enjoyed the atmosphere in our company. Thus the environment of Vrndavana constantly reminds us of Krsna and Balarama"
- The prana-vayu continues the life, and the apana-vayu stops the living force. Both the vibrations are generated from the abdominal hole, the navel. This navel is the joint from one body to the other
- The so-called educational vibrations of the tongues of university professors who do not have spiritual knowledge is like the croaking of frogs
- The so-called leaders of societies, communities and countries cannot realize You (the Supreme Personality of Godhead). Only those who hear the vibration of the Vedic mantras can appreciate You
- The subsidiary vibration tat tvam asi ("you are the same") is meant for the understanding of the living entity, but the principal vibration is omkara. Not caring for omkara, Sankaracarya has stressed the vibration tat tvam asi
- The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing
- The Vedic sound vibration omkara, the principal word in the Vedic literatures, is the basis of all Vedic vibrations
- The vibration of Lord Krsna's conchshell sounded like a thunderbolt at the time of the dissolution of the whole cosmic manifestation. The demon Mura heard the vibration of the conchshell, awakened from his sleep and came out to see what had happened
- The vibration tat tvam asi, also found in the Vedic hymns, is not the chief vibration but is an explanation of the constitutional position of the living entity
- The vibrations of various musical instruments, bheris, turyas, vinas, flutes, mrdangas all joined together to make a beautiful reception. While Krsna was entering, the whole city was cleansed, all the different streets & roads were sprinkled with water
- Their (the gopis) attraction to the vibration of the flute increased a thousand times due to the rising full moon, the red horizon, the calm and cool atmosphere and the blossoming flowers
- There are two kinds of particular ecstasies (vibhava). One is called the support, and the other is called the awakening. The vibration of Krsna's flute is an example of the awakening, and Lord Krsna Himself is an example of the support
- These roaring vibrations spread all over the atmosphere until they extended all over the world and into outer space, up and down and out to the ten directions, rumbling throughout the entire universe
- This Krsna consciousness movement is a self-purification movement. The method is vibration of transcendental sound. This Hare Krsna, this sound, is not material sound. It is descended from the spiritual world
- Transcendental vibrations are very much effective when chanted among Aryans, but even though one does not belong to the Aryan family, he will become a Vaisnava simply by hearing the mantra because the vibration has great influence over everyone
- Vapu is physical presence and vani is presence by the vibration, but they are all the same
- Vasudeva said, "The vibration of the sky (its thunder), the supreme sound (omkara) and the arrangement of different words to distinguish one thing from another are all symbolic representations of You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- We have to show our example, how we are becoming Krsna conscious, how we are worshiping Krsna, how we are going on the street for vibrating Krsna's name, transcendental name. Now we are distributing Krsna's prasadam
- We should associate by the vibration, and not by the physical presence. That is real association
- We should be ready always that this "ka-ka-ka," this material vibration, this lecturing, this planning, at any moment can be finished. Chant Hare Krsna. If you are finished, then you go to Vaikuntha immediately
- When a great mystic was once awakened from his meditative trance by hearing the vibration of Krsna's Pancajanya conchshell, the mystic became overpowered
- When everything was complete, there was heard the vibration of mrdangas, conchshells, kettledrums and other musical instruments. Professional dancers, both male and female, began to dance
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend
- When I heard the sound of Krsna's flute, I tried to hide myself from the reaction of the vibrations. But still I could not check the trembling of my body
- When Lord Brahma heard those auspicious vibrations, which sounded throughout the higher planetary system, he immediately came down to see what had happened
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted this verse, Haridasa Thakura, upon hearing the vibration, became jubilant and began to dance while praising its meaning
- When the gopis were describing the sweet vibration of Krsna's flute, they also remembered their pastimes with Him; thus their minds became disturbed, and they were unable to describe completely the beautiful vibrations
- When the tumultuous vibration of sankirtana resounded, all good fortune immediately awakened, and the sound penetrated the whole universe through the fourteen planetary systems
- When we chant the Mantra as were presented by the authorities - the process helps communication with the personality of Godhead by the sound waves as we have now experienced in the material world of physical waves vibrations
- While discussing the transcendental vibration, they (the gopis) remembered also how Krsna dressed, decorated with a peacock feather on His head, just like a dancing actor, and with blue flowers pushed over His ear
- While in trance, Lord Brahma heard the words of Lord Visnu vibrating in the sky. Thus he told the demigods: O demigods, hear from me the order of Ksirodakasayi Visnu, the Supreme Person, and execute it attentively without delay
- While the King (Yudhisthira) was taking the avabhrtha bath, different musical instruments vibrated, such as mrdangas, conchshells, panava drums, kettledrums and bugles, and the ankle bells of the dancing girls jingled
- While they (the citizens of Mathura) were thus talking about the activities of Krsna and Balarama, they heard the vibrations of different bands announcing the wrestling match