Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
vanquish | vanquishable | vanquished | vanquisher | vanquishes | vanquishing
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Perishable (35 P)
Pages in category "Vanquish"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- A devotee does not create enmity with anyone, but if someone becomes his enemy, that person will be vanquished by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, despite whatever benedictions he may have received from other sources
- A devotee is never vanquished. Due to his willful neglect of devotional service, a devotee may be punished for a short time, but he again revives his devotional service and returns home back to Godhead
- A neophyte disciple begins by hearing and chanting, associating with devotees and practicing the regulative principles, and thus he vanquishes all of his unwanted bad habits
- A Vaisnava can understand that nothing within this material world, not even that which is powerful, opulent or influential, can endure. At any time such things may be vanquished
- Actually, by hearing about rasa-lila the result will be that one will be raised to the platform of transcendental service, and the disease of lust within the heart - that is material disease - that will be completely vanquished
- After the departure of the Lord from the vision of earthly people, when Arjuna was face to face with being vanquished in his acquired power and prominence, he wanted again to remember the great teachings of the Bhagavad-gita
- After the incident was over, Indra surrendered to Krsna with many prayers, in which he admitted, "By Your lifting Govardhan Hill and protecting the citizens of Vrndavana, You have kept Your promise that Your devotees are never to be vanquished"
- All the planets of the materialistic persons, including all the heavenly planets, such as the moon, are vanquished when the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, goes to His bed of serpents, which is known as Ananta Sesa
- An innocent devotee is always protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and a sinful person is always vanquished for his sinful life
- Anything that is material or mundane - be it acquisition of knowledge or of wealth - is vanquished along with the annihilation of the material body
- As fog is vanquished at the first glimpse of sunlight, one's sinful reactions are automatically vanquished as soon as one begins serving a pure devotee; no separate endeavor is required
- As he (one who developed confidence by hearing) associates with devotees and tries to adopt the means instructed by the spiritual master in his own life, his misgivings and other obstacles are vanquished by his execution of devotional service
- As soon as one enters into Krsna consciousness, his desire for material enjoyment is at once vanquished, and he gradually becomes free from material entanglement
- As soon as the Lord appeared, the influence of Hiranyakasipu's passion and ignorance was vanquished as the Lord's quality of pure goodness, or the Brahman effulgence, became prominent
- As soon as there is bhajana-kriya, or devotional service, immediately anartha-nivrtthi syat. Anartha means unwanted things, they become vanquished
- As the dangers of a dream cease when the dreamer awakens, the illusions created by the jugglery of the demons were vanquished by the transcendental prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead as soon as He entered the battlefield
- As the material positions we acquire here by hard work are vanquished in due course of time, one's residence in the heavenly planets is also eventually vanquished
- At sixteen years of age He returned to Mathura (where Devaki had given birth to Him) and vanquished Kamsa in the arena mentioned here
- Because Balika was surrounded by women and was therefore saved from the anger of Parasurama, he was known as Narikavaca ("one who is protected by women"). When Parasurama vanquished all the ksatriyas, Balika became the progenitor of more ksatriyas
- Because of their great attachment for Krsna, they (the cowherd men) thought, "Today Krsna is surely going to be vanquished!"
- Because the churning rod, Mandara Mountain, was very heavy and was not held by any support in the water, it sank into the ocean, and in this way the prowess of both the demons and the demigods was vanquished
- Because the spiritual world is real and this unreal manifestation appears to be real, appears to be real, but it is not real, we can understand reality will exist; reality will not vanquish
- By bugling with the conchshell and offering blessings with the lotus flower, He (Krsna) always assures the devotees that no one can vanquish them, even in the greatest calamity
- By Cupid's power, as soon as one sees a beautiful woman he is conquered by her beauty. Sri Ramananda Raya, however, vanquished Cupid's pride
- By hearing about and glorifying the Lord, all a person's activities become molded into spiritual activities, and thus all conceptions of material miseries become completely vanquished
- By serving the feet of the spiritual master, one is enabled to develop transcendental ecstasy in the service of the Personality of Godhead, who is the unchangeable enemy of the Madhu demon and whose service vanquishes one's material distresses
- By Your auspicious mercy, quarrels and disagreements arising among different scriptures are vanquished
- Do not bother your head about that rascal Maharishi Mahesa. His activities are like the waves tossing foam on the ocean. It will stay for some time and then vanquish
- Don't take books that "I am member. It is my duty to take books and keep it in the almirah." No. Read it thoroughly. Nityam bhagavata-sevaya. By regular reading of Srimad-Bhagavatam, then this material contamination becomes vanquished. Nasta-prayesu
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- I am this old age, I cannot move. Still I am traveling all over the world. I am simply interested that whatever I have done, it may not be vanquished in my absence. Let me go and encourage them
- If a bona fide listener hears of Krsna's pastimes with the gopis, which seem to be lusty affairs, the lusty desires in his heart, which constitute the heart disease of the conditioned soul, will be vanquished...
- If any ordinary person tries to imitate Lord Siva by drinking poison or smoking ganja, he is sure to be vanquished and will die within a very short time. Lord Sri Krsna's dealings with the gopis occurred under special circumstances
- If one has even a slight relationship with devotional service, all the fog of his sinful life is immediately vanquished
- If one hears the pastimes of Krsna with the gopis, from authorities with submission, then he will be promoted to the platform of transcendental loving service to the Lord & the material disease of lust within his heart will be completely vanquished
- If one is a sincere and pure devotee, the material lust in his heart is completely vanquished as he discusses the lusty feelings between the gopis and Krsna, and he makes quick progress in spiritual life
- If one is engaged in chanting and hearing with devotion and faith, his material misgivings gradually become vanquished
- If one transgresses the laws of etiquette, people make fun of him, and thus he is vanquished in both this world and the next
- If one wants to enjoy Laksmi the way Ravana did, he will be vanquished by the laws of nature, and whatever few possessions he has will be taken away
- If we associate with all these things, sravanam kirtanam visnoh, hearing and chanting about Visnu, then this misconception of life, that "I am purusa," will vanquish. Then you become liberated
- If you are really enthusiastic, these anarthas will be vanquished automatically
- If you associate with a really sadhu, if you execute really devotional service, these anarthas will be vanquished. That is the symptom. No more illicit sex. No more intoxication. No more gambling. No more meat-eating, fish-eating, egg-eating
- In Kali-yuga vice increases to such a point that at the termination of the yuga the Supreme Lord Himself appears as the Kalki avatara, vanquishes the demons, saves His devotees, and commences another Satya-yuga
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that anyone who becomes a devotee of the Lord is never vanquished
- In the Mahabharata, Draupadi says, "My dear Govinda, Your promise is that Your devotee can never be vanquished. I believe in that statement, and therefore in all kinds of tribulations I simply remember Your promise, and thus I live"
- In the very near future, Krsna would vanquish all the members of his family, and in a helpless condition Dhrtarastra would take shelter of Krsna's lotus feet
- Instead of winning the favor of the real goddess of fortune, Ravana and his whole family were vanquished by the power of Durgadevi (srsti-sthiti-pralaya-sadhana-saktir eka)
- It is also stated that all these four effects become immediately vanquished for those who surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, and become engaged in His devotional service in full Krsna consciousness
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute, Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- Just as a poor man becomes happy upon receiving some treasure, when one attains to devotional service, his material pains are automatically vanquished
- Just like Ravana captured Laksmi. Defied Rama, Narayana, and captured Laksmi. He thought, "I don't care for Narayana; I care for Laksmi." The result was that he became vanquished. Life, property and everything - sons, daughters, all family
- King Nanda said, "He (Garga Muni) also said that any fortunate man who becomes attached to this boy, Krsna, is never vanquished or defeated by his enemy"
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- Let me now describe the dynasty of Yadu, the eldest son of Maharaja Yayati. This description is supremely pious & it vanquishes the reactions of sinful activities in human society. Simply by hearing this description, one is freed from all sinful reactions
- Long life, obedience, good reputation, righteousness, prospects of being promoted to higher planets, and blessings of great personalities are all vanquished simply by disobedience to a great soul
- Lord Brahma says, "My dear Madhusudana, persons who are pure devotees of Your Lordship actually feel Your ecstatic friendship, and as such they are never vanquished by enemies"
- Lord Ramacandra's spotless name and fame, which vanquish all sinful reactions, are celebrated in all directions, like the ornamental cloth of the victorious elephant that conquers all directions
- Lusty desires vanquish one's senses, mind, life, soul, religious principles, patience, intelligence, shyness, beauty, strength, memory and truthfulness
- Narada Muni said, "The invincible death incarnation, eternal time, You (Krsna) will vanquish all belligerents assembled there. A large number of military forces killed in that battlefield. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet"
- Narayana said, "He (Vrkasura) is vanquished by his own sinful activities, and this is certainly true of this demon, who has committed such an offensive act against you"
- No one can control the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The pure devotee surrenders himself unto the lotus feet of the Lord, who may either protect or vanquish the devotee. But for his part, the devotee never forgets his own position of surrender
- O river Yamuna, you are the blissful spiritual water that gives love to the son of Nanda Maharaja. You are the same as the water of the spiritual world, for you can vanquish all our offenses and the sinful reactions incurred in life
- One may be proud of possessing a vast empire, but such empires are impermanent; after one hundred or two hundred years, everything is finished. All such positions of economic development, although created with great hardship, are vanquished
- One may cleanse himself daily by taking a bath in water, but if one takes a bath even once in the sacred Ganges water of Bhagavad-gita, for him the dirt of material life is altogether vanquished
- One of his (Siva's) eyes is like the sun, another is like the moon, and his third eye, which is between his eyebrows, is like fire. He can generate fire from his middle eye, and he is able to vanquish any powerful living entity, including Brahma
- One who takes to the path of devotional service will never be vanquished, despite all miseries of the body and mind and despite all misery brought about by other living entities and providence
- Others, however, are always vanquished. Vanquished means that after getting this human form of life, a person does not come out of the entanglement of birth and death and thus misses his golden opportunity
- Simply by expansion of His (Lord Visnu) eyebrows, invincible time personified can immediately vanquish the entire universe. However, formidable time does not approach the devotee who has taken complete shelter at Your lotus feet
- Simply by expansion of His eyebrows, invincible time personified can immediately vanquish the entire universe
- Simply chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra without offenses vanquishes all sinful activities. Thus pure devotional service, which is the cause of love of Godhead, becomes manifest
- Since Sati was the representation of the external potency of the Lord, it was in her power to vanquish many universes, including many Daksas
- Since the argument (about Samba's release) was not settled, Balarama showed His power in such a way that all of Hastinapura trembled and would have been vanquished as if by a great earthquake
- Sita was taken by force by Lord Ramacandra, and Ravana and his entire material empire were vanquished
- Siva-jvara said, "To benefit Your devotees and vanquish the nondevotees, You appear in multi-incarnations"
- Skanda Purana said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the tulasi tree, which can immediately vanquish volumes of sinful activities. Simply by seeing or touching this tree one can become relieved from all distresses and diseases"
- Speculators may fall down and become implicated in fruitive activities. If one becomes attached to devotional service, however, his desires for material enjoyment are automatically vanquished without separate endeavor
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught His principles through four chief followers. Among them, Ramananda Raya is exceptional, for through him the Lord taught how a devotee can completely vanquish the power of Cupid
- Srutadeva said, "As soon as You (Krsna) are visible by development of Krsna consciousness, all miseries of material existence are simultaneously vanquished"
- Taking advantage of this opportunity, the demons, remembering their former enmity, began to vanquish the three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- Temporary means it has a beginning, it stays for some time, then it transforms, then it becomes old, and it vanquishes. The spiritual nature, however, is different from this nature. The spiritual nature has no beginning, neither it has end
- The Bhagavad-gita affirms that a devotee is never vanquished. A devotee's path to the spiritual kingdom, back home, back to Godhead, is guaranteed
- The demigods said: Your (Krsna's) appearance will vanquish the ignorance of speculative knowledge and establish the real experienced knowledge of authorities like Lord Brahma
- The devotees of the Lord, who are in Krsna consciousness, offer food to Krsna and then eat - a process which nourishes the body spiritually. By such action not only are past sinful reactions in the body vanquished, but the body becomes immunized
- The false ego created by material contact is then gradually vanquished, and this dismantling of false egoism causes liberation from all material designations and renewed awareness of our relationship with the Absolute Truth
- The foolish materialists cannot understand that they are simply wasting time in producing material necessities, which are destined to be vanquished in due course of time
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The great saints and devotees of the Lord are in the list of His paraphernalia, and thus as soon as a saintly devotee is present, the ghostly sins are at once vanquished. That is the verdict of all Vedic literatures
- The living entity is unborn and eternal, and is not exhausted even though the material elementary body is vanquished
- The Lord has emphatically declared that no one can vanquish His devotee under any circumstances
- The Lord has emphatically declared that no one can vanquish His devotee under any circumstances. A good example is Ambarisa Maharaja
- The Lord has many agents who are quite competent to vanquish demons. But the Lord especially descends to appease His unalloyed devotees, who are always harassed by the demoniac
- The Lord has sufficient energies and agents who can vanquish atheists, but it pleases Him to personally favor a devotee. Therefore He descends as an incarnation. Actually, He descends only to favor His devotees and not for any other purpose
- The Lord is addressed here as acyuta, the infallible, because He takes care of His devotees. Anyone inimical to the devotees is certainly vanquished by the mercy of the Lord
- The materialists foolishly play that they are independent, but such false independence is vanquished at every instance by the superiority of the material nature
- The nondevotees can be vanquished simply by one kick of material nature
- The princes (of the Yadu dynasty) were cursed in order that one may know that even the descendants of the Lord, who could never be vanquished by any act of material nature, were subjected to the reactions of anger by great devotees of the Lord
- The promise of Krsna that His devotees are never vanquished had also previously been admitted by Indra when he was defeated in the Govardhana-lila
- The soul is never vanquished, even when the body is destroyed. An intelligent man, therefore, should care for the happiness of the spirit soul, not of the body
- The sraddadhana, or faithful devotee, can actually derive all the benefits of Bhagavad-gita because by the omnipotency of the Lord he achieves the transcendental bliss which vanquishes attachment and nullifies all concomitant material miseries
- The sum total of Krsna's personal family members amounted to about ten million, popularly known as the Yadu-vamsa. And again, during His lifetime, He managed to vanquish them all
- The word anartha refers to unwanted things. Anarthas are vanquished when one becomes attached to the Krsna consciousness movement
- The word hari conveys various meanings, but the chief import of the word is that He (the Lord) vanquishes everything inauspicious and takes away the mind of the devotee by awarding pure transcendental love
- Then, as he (the advancing devotee) associates with devotees and tries to adopt the means instructed by the spiritual master in his own life, his misgivings and other obstacles are vanquished by his execution of devotional service
- There is another promise by Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita to the effect that His devotee will never be vanquished
- There were many politicians who planned empires, supremacy and control of the world, but in due time all their plans and empires - and even the politicians themselves - were vanquished
- These abominable activities will surely be very quickly vanquished by the influence of his staunch devotional force
- They say that "Why you criticize others also?" Because we have to vanquish them. Now these people cannot rise. When there is sunrise, there is no use of these glowworms. So this Krsna consciousness movement is Krsna Himself
- This kind of sannyasi or this kind of intelligent persons are killed by Rama. They may make plan very nice to cheat Ramacandra, but ultimately they become vanquished with all their planning commission
- To vanquish the false pride of so-called renunciates and learned scholars, He spreads real religious principles, even through a sudra, or lowborn, fourth-class man
- Unless society accepts the lotus feet of great mahatmas - devotees who have nothing to do with material possessions - mankind cannot turn its attention to Krsna, whose lotus feet vanquish all the unwanted, miserable conditions of material life
- Utsahad dhairyan niscayat. The first principle is one must be very enthusiastic. He must believe that Krsna has said that, na me bhaktah pranasyati, "My devotee will never be vanquished." So "Let me become Krsna's devotee sincerely"
- Varuna advised Hiranyaksa to meet Visnu in His boar incarnation so that his hankering for aggressive war would be satisfied and his powerful body would be vanquished
- Visvamitra picked a quarrel with Vasistha Muni when he was a ksatriya king and performed a great sacrifice in cooperation with Matanga Muni and thus was able to vanquish the sons of Vasistha
- We are living entities, we are living soul. Birth and death takes place of this body. The body takes birth and the body is vanquished
- We have to vanquish illusion, develop equanimity and spontaneity, and practice bhakti-yoga. Then a supremely powerful force will gradually transform our material existence into spiritual existence
- When Krsna brought the bulls under His control by bridling their noses, their strength and pride were immediately smashed. The name and fame which the bulls had attained was thus vanquished
- When Krsna's flute sounded, the white swans, which represent the sleeping condition of the gopis, were immediately vanquished, and the black wasp sound of the flute began to enjoy the lotus flower of the gopis' beauty
- When one fully understands spiritual life, his attraction for the opposite sex is completely vanquished. By such attraction, one becomes overly attached to this material world. It is a hard knot within the heart
- When one is envious of the demigods, who represent God, of the Vedas, which give all knowledge, of the cows, brahmanas, Vaisnavas and religious principles, and ultimately of Me, God, he and his civilization will be vanquished without delay
- When one sees the lotus feet of the Lord, all kinds of doubts and fears within the heart are vanquished
- When Sitadevi was finally delivered from the clutches of Ravana, Ravana's whole family and kingdom, and Ravana himself, were vanquished. When Sitadevi came home she was tried by fire, and after some days she was again banished to the forest
- When the senses are satisfied in the seer-Supersoul, the Personality of Godhead, and merge in Him, all miseries are completely vanquished, as after a sound sleep
- When the Yadu dynasty was to be vanquished, Ugrasena was entrusted with the iron lump produced from the womb of Samba. He cut the iron lump into pieces and then pasted it and mixed it up with the sea water on the coast of Dvaraka
- With the growth of the body, the living entity, in order to vanquish his soul, increases his false prestige and anger and thereby creates enmity towards similarly lusty people
- Without becoming a brahmana, one cannot approach the Supreme Brahman, Lord Krsna. Krsna is especially concerned with vanquishing the distress of His devotees, and He is the only shelter of pure devotees
- You foreigners, you have taken some interest. I am very much pleased. So constantly come here and hear about Krsna. This is the pastimious place of Krsna, Vrndavana. So make your anarthas vanquished
- You just remain fixed up in devotional service, and all impediments that may come will be vanquished by the unlimited potency of the Lord. We should have faith in His Power, His Grace, and His Causeless Mercy