Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
untouchable | untouchables
Pages in category "Untouchable"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A fully surrendered soul always remains untouched by the hand of maya. Otherwise it is not possible
- According to Vedic civilization, the animal-killers, mlecchas, they are untouchable. They are so sinful
- Although in modern society the dog is accepted as part of one's household paraphernalia, in the Vedic system of household life the dog is untouchable
- Another hint we get from this statement (of Krsna) is that the candalas, or the untouchables, are also not to be neglected by the higher classes and should be given necessary protection
- Any person who is always joyful and untouched by any distress is called happy
- Anyone, therefore, who does not believe in the form of the Lord is certainly a faithless demon and as such is untouchable, a not to be seen persona non grata fit to be punished by the Plutonic king (Yamaraja)
- Approaching the King of the Yavanas, Kalakanya addressed him as a great hero, saying: My dear sir, you are the best of the untouchables. I am in love with you, and I want you as my husband. I know that no one is baffled if he makes friends with you
- Because in all circumstances He (Lord Krsna) is suddham, most purified, He is often compared to the sun. The sun extracts moisture from many untouchable places on the earth, yet it remains pure
- Because women accepted one fourth of the sinful reactions, they are untouchable during their menstrual period
- Devotional service by self-realization is a different subject matter. It is untouched by fruitive activity, for one surrenders the results of activities to the Lord, abandons prescribed duties and accepts the renounced order of life
- Don't think that because you are very clever, you'll be untouched by Yamaraja
- Emperor Bharata was so attracted by the beauty of the lotus feet of Krsna that even in his youthful life he gave up all kinds of attachments to family, children, friends, kingdom, etc., as though they were untouchable stools
- Even if one chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra offensively, one can avoid offenses by continuously chanting without deviation. One who becomes accustomed to this practice will always remain in a pure transcendental position, untouchable by sinful reactions
- If a humble devotee thinks that "I am the lowest. I am untouchable, this way," that does (not) mean he is out of the touch of God. But this humbleness is very good
- In the Gaudiya-sampradaya there is a Vedanta commentary called the Govinda-bhasya, but the sahajiyas consider such commentaries to be untouchable philosophical speculation, and they consider the acaryas to be mixed devotees
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that King Bhagiratha was the emperor above all other kings, yet he developed such ecstatic love for Krsna that he became a mendicant and went out begging even to the homes of his political enemies and untouchables
- It is not possible for Him (Krsna) to act irreligiously. He is transcendental to all religious duties and principles. He is untouched by the modes of material nature
- Krsna also possesses five other qualities, which are manifest in the body of Narayana, and they are listed as follows: 56) He has inconceivable potency. 57) Uncountable universes generate from His body. 58) He is the original source of all incarnations
- Krsna did not think it wise to kill him (untouchable king) directly with His own hand. Still the king had to be killed, & therefore Krsna decided with fine discretion that He should flee from the battlefield so that the untouchable king would chase Him
- Krsna is sometimes compared to the moon, which does not hesitate to distribute its soothing rays, even on the houses of the candalas and other untouchables
- Krsna is sometimes compared with the moon, which does not hesitate to distribute its soothing rays, even on the houses of the candalas and untouchables
- Krsna said, "As far as the lower animals are concerned, such as the dogs, and the lower grades of people, such as the candalas, or the fifth class of men, who are considered untouchable, they also may be given sumptuous prasadam"
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Krsna's fine discretion was exhibited when He was fighting with the untouchable king who attacked the city of Mathura. According to Vedic rites, those who are untouchable are not to be touched by the ksatriya kings, not even for killing
- The first of Krsna's eight transcendental qualities is that He is always untouched by the contamination of material existence. This is mentioned in the Isopanisad: apapa-viddham
- The kapalika mendicants are tantric materialists who carry skulls in their hands. They are not Vaisnavas and have nothing to do with spiritual life; therefore they are untouchable
- The men in Vedic society who engage in public sanitary activities like picking up stool and sweeping the street are called hadis. Sometimes they are untouchable, especially when engaged in their profession
- These are four divisions: brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. Sudra means laborer class, but they are also obedient to the other three classes. And less than that, they have been described as candalas, pancamas, or untouchable as you say
- Thus He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) spread kirtana even among the untouchables. He wove a wreath of the holy name and prema, with which He garlanded the entire material world