Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
unclean | uncleaning | uncleanliness | uncleanly | uncleanness | uncleansed
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Unclean"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- A sannyasi is recommended to beg from the house of a brahmana. Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to do that, because a brahmana is always suci; they are not unclean
- According to the Vedic system, a dog is not allowed to enter the house. Because of their uncleanliness, cats and dogs are not allowed within the apartment of a gentleman, but are so trained that they stand outside
- Among the living entities who live on the ground, only 400,000 are human species, and out of these 400,000 human species, many are uncivilized or unclean; they are not up to the standard of proper civilization
- As soon as these (material upliftment, understanding the Supreme by speculative knowledge, fruitive activity & severe austerity) are present within the heart, the heart should be understood to be unclean & therefore unfit to serve as Krsna's sitting place
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- By the passing of time, land and other material possessions are purified; by bathing, the body is purified; and by being cleansed, unclean things are purified
- Deity worship means the habit becomes clean. If you stop Deity worship, then they will remain unclean
- Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited, but at the same time they are given other facilities so they may be elevated to the highest grade of devotional service by association with pure devotees
- I stress on this cleanliness very much. If they keep unclean, I chastise them like anything. (laughing) They have learned this art. I always say, "Cleanliness is next to godliness"
- In India there was agitation during Gandhi's political movement because the lowborn classes of men like street-sweepers and candalas are prohibited, according to the Vedic system, from entering the temple. Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited
- In the name of japa and dozing and everything is unclean. This nonsense should not be allowed. Ask them, "Stop japping. First of all clean. Then japa, make japa"
- In this age, everyone's heart is especially unclean, as confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam: hrdy antah-stho hy abhadrani
- It is predicted how fallen souls will behave. They will keep their hair long and consider themselves very beautiful, or they will pluck out their hair as the Jains do. They will keep themselves unclean and will not wash their mouths
- Just as fire sterilizes all unclean things, the sun-god also keeps everything sterilized, especially dirty things within the mind, thus enabling one to attain elevation to the platform of spiritual understanding
- Just like the water. Originally, when it drops from the clouds, it is distilled water, clean, but as soon as it comes in touch with the muddy earth, it becomes unclean. Similarly, originally our consciousness was Krsna consciousness
- Kasyapa Muni concluded, "If she (Diti) agrees to follow the rules and regulations of the Vaisnava principles, the unclean core of her heart will certainly be cleansed"
- Krsna is known as Hari. Hari means "he who takes away." Krsna immediately takes away all unclean habits from anyone who takes to Krsna consciousness
- One should not introduce any opposing scripture. 24) One should not chew betel before the Deity. 25) One should not offer a flower which was kept in an unclean pot. 26) One should not worship the Lord while sitting on the bare floor
- Out of that small number of human beings, most are totally ignorant of spiritual life, are unclean in their habits and have no faith in the existence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In short, most human beings live like animals
- Out of that small number of human beings, most are totally ignorant of the spiritual science, are unclean in their habits, and have no faith in the existence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In short, most human beings live like animals
- Siva appeared to be like that, but his name, Siva, is actually fitting, for he is very kind to persons who are in the darkness of the mode of ignorance, such as unclean drunkards who do not regularly bathe
- So this wheel, this human form of body, is meant for not prolonging the unclean material life, but now stop it. Now stop it. It is meant for that purpose
- Taking shelter of insatiable lust and absorbed in the conceit of pride and false prestige, the demoniac, thus illusioned, are always sworn to unclean work, attracted by the impermanent
- The demons are not clean, either externally or internally. One should always be careful to keep his body clean by bathing, brushing teeth, shaving, changing clothes, etc
- The devotee must be clean, inside and outside, both. Outside cleaning by taking bath, washing the body with oil or soap or soda, and inside, materially, there will be no unclean things, stool, unnecessary stool
- The disease of insanity or being haunted by ghosts takes place in an unclean state of existence
- The intelligence of those who think themselves liberated but have no information of the spiritual world is not yet clear. In this verse the term avisuddha-buddhayah refers to unclean intelligence
- The Mayavadis are called avisuddha-buddhayah, or unclean in knowledge. Because they are unclean in knowledge, all their austerities and penances end in frustration
- Their bodies become wrinkled and gradually deteriorate until they become almost like dwarves, and a bad odor emanates from their bodies because of unclean perspiration resulting from eating all kinds of nasty things
- There are many desires to perform auspicious and inauspicious activities, but people do not know how life after life they are keeping their hearts unclean
- There is a Bengali proverb "When you pay the price it becomes purified", just like if I purchase something and it is unclean in so many ways, but, because I have paid, it becomes purified
- Those who drool while sleeping are considered unclean and are subject to be haunted by ghosts or to, go insane