Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Twelve Forests of Vrndavana
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Pages in category "Twelve Forests of Vrndavana"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Brahma said, "I am most humbly praying at Your lotus feet for You to please give me any sort of birth within this Vrndavana forest so that I may be able to be favored by the dust of the feet of some of the devotees of Vrndavana"
- Brahma said, "If I am not so fortunate to take birth within the forest of Vrndavana, I beg to be allowed to take birth outside the immediate area of Vrndavana so that when the devotees go out they will walk over me. That would be a great fortune for me"
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (1) Avimukta, (2) Adhirudha, (3) Guhya-tirtha, (4) Prayaga-tirtha, (5) Kanakhala
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (10) Rsi-tirtha, (11) Moksa-tirtha, (12) Budha-tirtha, (13) Gokarna, (14) Krsnaganga, (15) Vaikuntha, (16) Asi-kunda
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (20) Kubja-kupa, (21) Ranga-sthala, (22) Mancha-sthala, (23) Mallayuddha-sthana, and (24) Dasasvamedha
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (6) Tinduka-tirtha, (7) Surya-tirtha, (8) Vatasvami, (9) Dhruva-ghata
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows:(17) Catuh-samudrika-kupa, (18) Akrura-tirtha, (19) Yajnika-vipra-sthana
- Krsna said, "I understand that you (the gopis) are all very chaste women, so now that you have seen the beautiful atmosphere of the Vrndavana forest, please return home and engage in the faithful service of your respective husbands"
- Krsna said, "There are palatial buildings in the cities, but we are satisfied living in this forest of Vrndavana. Our specific relationship is with Govardhana Hill and Vrndavana forest and nothing more"
- Sometimes when the cowherd boys used to play in the forests of Vrndavana, Krsna would play on one side, and Balarama would play on another
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "The gopis would meditate on Krsna's dressing Himself just like a dancing actor and entering the forest of Vrndavana, marking the ground with His footprints"
- The cuckoos there sing nicely in five kinds of tunes. Krsna, the reservoir of pleasure, blowing His flute, accompanied by His elder brother Balarama and the other cowherd boys and the cows, entered the beautiful forest of Vrndavana to enjoy the atmosphere
- The gopis continued, “Dear Krsna,You are very cunning. You can imagine how much we are distressed simply by remembering Your cunning smile, Your pleasing glance, Your walking with us in the forest of Vrndavana and Your auspicious meditations"
- The gopis were loudly singing the glories of Krsna & wandering from one forest to another in search of Him. They knew that Krsna is all-pervading. He is in the sky, He is in the water, He is in the air, He is the supersoul in everyone's heart
- The interior forests of Vrndavana are considered superior to Mathura because of the presence of the twelve forests (dvadasa-vana), such as Talavana, Madhuvana and Bahulavana, which are famous for the various pastimes of the Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, surrounded by hundreds of gopis and decorated with a flower garland of many colors, began to wander within the Vrndavana forest, sometimes singing to Himself and sometimes singing with the gopis
- The transcendental symptoms that were visible on the body of the Lord during His travel within the forest of Vrndavana were all unique and inexplicable
- There are five forests on the eastern bank of the Yamuna: Bhadravana, Bilvavana, Lauhavana, Bhandiravana and Mahavana. On the western side of the bank there are seven: Madhuvana, Talavana, Kumudavana, Bahulavana, Kamyavana, Khadiravana and Vrndavana
- There are twelve forests in the area of Vrndavana, and Madhuvana is one of them. Pilgrims from all parts of India assemble together and visit all twelve of these forests
- There were severe torrents of hail when Krsna was staying in the forest of Vrndavana, and the elderly persons bade Him
- When a devotee is called by the attraction of Krsna, he does not care for bodily ties. The women entered the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, which was verdant with vegetation and newly grown vines and flowers
- When all the gopis came out of their homes to meet Krsna in the Vrndavana forest, Krsna refused to accept them and asked them to go home, giving them some moral instruction
- When Krsna and Balarama were going to Mathura in the chariot driven by Akrura, all of them took baths in this (Akrura-tirtha, in one of the twelve forest of Vrndavana) ghata
- When Krsna returned from the forest of Vrndavana, Mother Yasoda was so emotional from seeing her son that milk began to flow from her breasts. This is an instance of emotion caused by seeing a dear object
- While passing through the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna sat down at a beautiful spot and allowed the cows to drink the cold and transparent water of the Yamuna. Being fatigued, the cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama also drank