Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
tied | tying | tie | ties | tethered
Pages in category "Tied"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- A pure devotee cuts off the limited ties of affection for his family and widens his activities of devotional service for all forgotten souls
- A pure devotee of the Lord is ashamed to ask anything in self-interest from the Lord. But the householders are sometimes obliged to ask favors from the Lord, being bound by the tie of family affection
- A pure devotee of the Lord is exactly in a family tie with the Lord, and therefore he is undeterred in discharging his duty in a full affectionate tie with the Lord
- A sannyasi is forbidden not to talk even in private place with woman. But a householder, he, if he associates woman under marriage tie, then it is religious. And without this, this is irreligious. And that religious sex life is God
- A tethered cow goes as far as the rope; similarly, one who uses the inductive method to search for ultimate knowledge will fail
- Actually, a bow is in the curved position because it is tied at its two ends by the bowstring; but in the rainbow there is no such string, and yet it rests in the sky so beautifully
- After that, Kuvera's two sons stood as two big arjuna trees in the courtyard of Nanda until Damodara, in order to fulfill the desire of Narada, dragged the milling pestle to which He was tied & struck the two trees, violently causing them to fall down
- All of us are tied very tight, hands and legs, and we are thinking we are free, independent. By the laws of material nature... Still, we are thinking that we are independent
- At the same time, He (Krsna) wanted to give him (Rukmi) some light punishment, so He tied him up with a piece of cloth and snipped at his mustache, beard and hair, keeping some spots here and there
- At this place Damodara, who can cut the knot of our material existence, was tied up by His mother Yasoda
- In the condition of material tribulation, no one wants the pangs of separation. But in the transcendental form, the very same separation, being absolute in its nature, strengthens the ties of love and enhances the desire of the lover and beloved to meet
- It is said that when Jagadisa Pandita brought the Deity of Jagannatha to Yasada-grama, he tied the heavy Deity to a stick and thus brought Him to the village. The priests of the temple still show the stick used by Jagadisa Pandita
- Kindly inquire into this matter and do the needful. Either Indian or foreign whoever joins us they are not under any obligation, our only tie is Love of Godhead. It should be our definite policy that nobody is ill treated that he may go away
- Krsna said: "You (the gopis) have worshiped Me, cutting off all domestic ties, which are difficult to break. Therefore please let your own glorious deeds be your compensation"
- Kunti continued, "The fact is that although You (Krsna) are equal to everyone, You are especially inclined to the devotees who always think of You. The devotees are related to You by ties of love. As such, they cannot forget You even for a moment"
- Nanda Maharaja smiled to hear about the extraordinary abilities of his son. He came forward and untied the knot just to free his wonderful child. After being freed by Nanda Maharaja, Krsna was taken onto the laps of the elder gopis
- Neither wife should be accepted as a machine for satisfying our lust. The marriage tie should be taken as very sacred. One who marries for subduing lust is mistaken. Because lust cannot be satisfied simply by indulging in sense gratification
- O Lord of the universe, soul of the universe, O personality of the form of the universe, please, therefore, sever my (Kunti's) tie of affection for my kinsmen, the Pandavas and the Vrsnis
- One cowherd boy said, "Once His (Krsna's) mother, being disturbed by His stealing butter, tied Him to a wooden mortar, and the child pulled it toward a pair of trees known as yamala-arjuna and caused them to fall"
- Raghunatha dasa, our son, has opulences like Indra, the heavenly King, and his wife is as beautiful as an angel. Yet all this could not tie down his mind
- Regarding Srimurti Subhadra, the old Deity should not be repaired, but a new Deity should be carved and installed. The old Deity may be wrapped up in some cloth, tied up and weighted with stones, then put in the river. This is the procedure to be followed
- Sanat-Kumara said, "My dear King, the false ego of a human being is so strong that it keeps him in material existence as if tied up by a strong rope. Only the devotees can cut off the knot of this strong rope very easily, by engaging themselves in KC"
- Sex enjoyment is a necessity for the conditioned soul, and sex enjoyment is allowed under the license of marriage ties
- She tied together many ropes, but when she finished still the rope was too short. After a while she felt very tired and began to perspire. At that time Krsna agreed to be bound up by His mother
- Similar ecstatic love for Krsna in anger was expressed by Rohini-devi when she heard the roaring sound of the two falling arjuna trees to which Krsna had been tied
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) broke the box containing yogurt, and because of that Mother Yasoda considered You an offender and tied You with rope to the household grinding mortar"
- The inhabitant of Dvaraka continued, "who sometimes used to tie You (Krsna) up with her ropes, and You are celebrated, therefore, by the name Damodara"
- The King's daughter, Rukmini, was exquisitely beautiful. She was very clean and had beautiful teeth. The auspicious sacred thread was tied on her wrist
- The knot of doubtfulness is tied when the soul identifies with the material world. That knot is also called ahankara, the junction of matter and spirit
- The wife (of the brahmana) immediately collected four palmfuls of chipped rice from her neighborhood friends and tied it in a small cloth, like a handkerchief, and gave it to her husband to present to Krsna
- These rascals, they are tied with the laws of material nature, hand and legs, and they are thinking they are free to do anything and everything without any consultation of sastra
- To cut off the tie of all other affections does not mean complete negation of the finer elements, like affection for someone else. This is not possible
- Vasudeva said, "I have no means to repay you for your (Nanda Maharaj) friendly dealings. Nevertheless I am confident that our tie of love will never break"
- Vasudeva said, "I think that it is a very difficult job for even the great sages and saintly persons to cut such a tie of love"
- Vasudeva said, "My dear brother (Nanda Maharaja), the Supreme Personality of Godhead has created a great tie of bondage known as the bondage of love and affection"
- When a devotee is called by the attraction of Krsna, he does not care for bodily ties. The women entered the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, which was verdant with vegetation and newly grown vines and flowers
- When Nanda Maharaj saw the beauty of child Krsna with tiger nails on His chest, a complexion like the new-grown tamala tree, beautifully decorated tilaka made with cow's urine, arm decorations of nice silk thread and silk clothes tied around His waist
- When Yasoda had tied Krsna up one time, she began to think, "Krsna's body is so soft and delicate, how could I have tied Him with rope?" Thinking this, her brain became puzzled, and she felt dizziness
- With great strength Lord Krsna began to pull the rope, which was tied to the mortar. As soon as He pulled, the two trees, with all their branches and limbs, fell down immediately with a great sound