Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
talking | talkings
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Talking"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- At night Bhima was the guest of Jarasandha, eating together, talking friendly. This is brahminical culture
- In Calcutta there was a big professor, Colonel Megha, English professor. He was lecturing, and with in talking he said that in our country (England) that seventy-eight percent of the students are infected with syphilis...
- Talking foolish
- Talking philosophy
- A brahmacari, or one who has not accepted the grhastha-asrama (family life), must rigidly avoid talking with women or about women, for the senses are so powerful that they may agitate even the mind of a sannyasi, a member of the renounced order of life
- A civilization that allows men to mix unrestrictedly with women is an animal civilization. In Kali-yuga, people are extremely liberal, but mixing with women and talking with them as equals actually constitutes an uncivilized way of life
- A sense of weakness caused by distress, fearfulness or offensiveness is called humility. In this condition one becomes talkative, small in heart, dirty in mind, full of anxiety and inactive
- According to the Vedic system, if you say something very emphatically, you must prove by Vedic evidences. Otherwise you can go on talking; nobody will hear
- After all the devotees saw this example (the chastisement of Junior Haridas), a mentality of fear grew among them. Therefore they all stopped talking with women, even in dreams
- After Radharani saw Krsna, sometimes She was walking hither and thither, sometimes She was laughing, sometimes She was covering Her face, sometimes She was talking without any meaning, and sometimes She was praying to Her associate gopis
- After talking with his charioteer, the son of Daruka, Pradyumna could understand the real circumstances. Therefore he refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands
- All the Yadus and the residents of Vrndavana felt such great pleasure in meeting and talking together that it was a unique scene
- Any education which does not give enlightenment on the subject matter of how to stop death, they are all foolish talking. That's all. This is the conclusion
- Arya-samaja does not mean to become rascal and fool and deny the existence of God. No. That is Anarya. Just like Krsna rebuked Arjuna: anarya-justa. "You are talking like anarya"
- As They (Ksna and Balarama) grew up They began talking with Their parents and others in childish language, and thus They gave great pleasure to all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- Caitanya is talking on the position; He is Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is asking, demanding, "You rascal, give up everything. Just surrender to Me. Then you'll be happy." This is the last instruction of Bhagavad-gita
- Citralekha, while talking, began to draw many pictures of the demigods inhabiting the higher planetary systems, then pictures of the Gandharvas, Siddhas, Caranas, Pannagas, Daityas, Vidyadharas and Yaksas, as well as many pictures of human beings
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1969 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Going to girls and making them pregnant, then talking of Gopis, that is going on, that is nonsense. Without coming to the perfectional stage, if anyone tries to understand the Gopis he becomes a sahajiya
- Gopis began to talk among themselves: "Just see how Radharani has become intoxicated simply by seeing Krsna before Her!" This is an instance of ecstatic love in intoxication
- I do not know why by talking on telephone you should decide such an important transaction. I hope either you or Tamala Krishna should not act anything in this connection without consulting our friends like Pannala Pittie and finally approved by me
- In connection with stri-sambhasana, talking with women, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that talking with women for the purpose of mingling with them for sense gratification, subtle or gross, is strictly prohibited
- In Kali-yuga, people are extremely liberal, but mixing with women and talking with them as equals actually constitutes an uncivilized way of life
- In ordinary dealings there is cheating. This is Kali-yuga. Ordinarily even when gentleman-gentleman, so-called gentlemen talking, he's trying to cheat him, he's trying to cheat him. By talking. And ordinarily
- Intoxication in the person of Sri Radharani after She saw Krsna: sometimes She was talking without any meaning, and sometimes She was praying to Her associate gopis. Seeing these symptoms in Radharani, the gopis began to talk among themselves
- It is said that once Arjuna was lying in his bed with his head upon Krsna's lap and was talking and joking with Krsna in great relaxation and was enjoying Krsna's company with smiling and great satisfaction
- Kirtana means both lecturing and chanting with music. The chanting with music is specially attractive for the mass of people, but talking from philosophical point of view on Krishna Consciousness is also chanting
- Krsna consciousness movement is the only hope to give relief to the human society. So everyone should cooperate with this movement. Unfortunately, there are so many envious persons, they are writing against us, talking against us
- Krsna was sitting with mother Yasoda and His other mothers, Devaki and Rohini, but when the mothers engaged in talking, He took the opportunity and went to a secluded place to meet the gopis
- One clergyman, he was talking with me. He said, "Swamiji, I have seen your disciples have a very nice face, glowing face." And "Yes, certainly. They must be. They are making spiritual progress"
- One night Radharani was talking in a dream. "My dear Krsna, please do not play any more jokes on Me! Please stop! And please don't touch My garments either. Otherwise I shall inform the elderly persons, and I shall disclose all of Your naughty behavior
- One should not indulge in talking unnecessarily about news of the material world. One should not waste time in this way. This is a very important feature in the life of a devotee
- Our intimate relation with Krsna can be confidentially revived by our talking of, hearing of, or remembering Him. It is so done due to spiritual potency
- People are accustomed to talk so many things unnecessarily just in clubs, amongst friends' circle, which has no benefit either spiritually or materially. So that sort of talking should be avoided
- People go to the restaurant, to the cinema and other places, talking unnecessarily in clubs, societies, waste their time. This is going on. This is modern education. This is modern civilization
- Prahlada Maharaja was always absorbed in thought of Krsna. Thus, being always embraced by the Lord, he did not know how his bodily necessities, such as sitting, walking, eating, lying down, drinking and talking, were being automatically performed
- Prajalpah, unnecessary gossiping. Just like people are wasting time taking one newspaper and talking for hours. These things should be avoided. And to associate with nondevotees. And greediness. These things should be avoided
- Rascal. Kick them upon their face. You rascal, you are talking of morality, rascal, you go to hell. Your place is hell
- Rupa Gosvami & Visvanatha Cakravati described these speeches of Radharani in different varieties, such as udghurna, or bewilderment, & jalpa-pratijalpa, or talking in different ways. These are signs of ujjvala-rasa, or the brightest jewel of love of God
- Sisupala did not care to think of the pros and cons of his foolish talking, and instead of stopping when he saw that all the kings were ready to kill him, he stood to fight with them and took up his sword and shield
- So much glorification of a woman by her husband indicates that he is henpecked or is talking lightly in joke
- So this chapter, thirteenth chapter, is very important chapter. So many rascals are there. They're talking so many things. But if you want real answer, that is described by Krsna to the six questions, Krsna immediately answers in nutshell
- Sri Balarama's losing the game was an opportunity for the King of Kalinga to criticize Krsna and Balarama. Thus the King of Kalinga was talking jokingly while purposefully showing his teeth to Balarama
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami are here talking about the relationship between Krsna and the gopis; therefore the subject matter is neither mundane nor erotic
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never even joked with others' wives. As soon as He saw a woman coming, He would immediately give her ample room to pass without talking. He was extremely strict regarding the association of women
- Srila Rupa Gosvami prays that Lord Balarama will be pleased with all of us while He is thus talking just like an intoxicated person
- Talkativeness can be avoided by gravity and silence
- Talking in this way, all the boys looked at the beautiful lotuslike face of Krsna, and they began to clap and smile. And so they marched forward and entered the mouth of the gigantic serpent
- Talking with Akrura about all these affairs, she (Kunti) felt herself helpless and exclaimed, "My dear Krsna, my dear Krsna! You are the supreme mystic, the Supersoul of the universe. You are the real well-wisher of the whole universe"
- The Bhagavad-gita's process of purifying consciousness is the process of fixing one's mind on Krsna by talking of His transcendental activities, cleansing His temple, going to His temple
- The Bhattacarya said, "By Your mercy I can now understand the truth about Ramananda Raya. In talking with him, You also will acknowledge his greatness"
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The damsels of Braja and Radharani were very expert in talking cunningly, so as soon as they saw Krsna they began their talkings; and Krsna, pretending to go for some flowers for them, immediately left that place and entered into a mountain cave
- The sex impulse is so strong that even by seeing, touching or talking, coming into contact with, or even thinking of the opposite sex, even in so many subtle ways, one becomes sexually impelled
- The subject matter of Bhagavad-gita is talking between Krsna and Arjuna. Krsna was driver of the chariot. Both of them were in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- The symptom of becoming stunned is caused by ecstatic tribulation, fearfulness, astonishment, lamentation and anger. This symptom is exhibited by a stoppage of talking, a stoppage of movement, a feeling of voidness and an extreme feeling of separation
- The talking of materialistic men and impersonalist Mayavadi philosophers may be compared to the croaking of frogs. They are always speaking nonsense and thus inviting death to catch them
- Their love for Krsna was so intense that in their regular activities - in sitting, sleeping, traveling, talking, sporting, cleansing, bathing - they were simply absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and paid no attention to bodily necessities
- There are many urges: urge of the mind, urge of the anger, urge of the talking, urge of the tongue, then belly, then genital. In this way, we are driven by so many urges. So out of that, the strongest enemy is our tongue
- There are ten senses - five active senses and five knowledge-acquiring senses. The active senses are the power of talking, the hands, the legs, the evacuating outlet, and the generating organ
- Thereafter, on the tenth day, the inhabitants of Vrndavana were talking amongst themselves about the wonderful activities of Krsna, and the next day, Ekadasi, was observed by Nanda Maharaja
- These different activities (talking with His wife, petting His children, performing some household duty) are conducted by the Lord when He is in His "emotional" forms, which are known as vaibhava-prakasa expansions
- These rascals may go on talking so many things, but we haven't got to take care of all of them. We have to do our own business. Let the dog bark on, the caravan will pass. So not that we have to take care of the barking of the dog always
- Those who are interested in advancing in spiritual life must be silent. Silence means talking only of krsna-katha
- To counteract this tendency, we have to divert our talking to the subject of Krsna
- Two things must be there—jnana and vairagya. I have already explained that actually our aim of life, human life, is to acquire knowledge and vairagya. Simply talking of knowledge is useless. There must be vairagya also
- We have seen many philosophical speculators. They are simply talking in the meeting. But that's all. And if we take, study their private character it is less than ordinary man
- We speak about God, they think that "These people have become crazy. They are, in this modern civilization, talking of God. What is this nonsense?" This is the position. But that is not the fact. God is there
- When they (young girls of Hastinapur) saw Him (Krsna) in the midst of His many queens, like the full moon situated amidst many luminaries, they began to talk amongst themselves
- When you will be perfect, you'll see Krsna in your front, talking with you. This is the process. You'll see one day. But you should not be very much hasty
- While I am talking with you, because your dress is white, and because my dress is saffron colored, it does not mean that we are different. Simply on the ground of dress, if we think we are different, then that is ajnana. Nobody does so
- While Krsna and Balarama were talking, Brahma returned after a moment's interval (according to the duration of his life)
- While She was talking like this in a dream, She suddenly awoke and saw some of Her superiors standing before Her. Thus Radharani became ashamed and bowed Her head. This is an instance of alertness after awakening from sleep
- While talking about finishing off the whole Kuru Dynasty, Lord Balarama seemed so furious that He looked as if He could burn the whole cosmic creation to ashes
- While they (the gopis) were talking in this way, Uddhava finished his morning ablutions, prayers and chanting and came before them
- Why do you bring Krsna here? This is all sense gratification. (laughter) But that is very good that even in talking this material, you remembered Krsna. That is very good. You remember Krsna
- Why there is poverty? Because they are not producing food. Everyone wants so-called comfortable life. So-called education. Sitting idle in the table and chair, and talking all gossips, nonsense, and sleeping. They have been trained up in this way, sudra