Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
syllable | syllables
Pages in category "Syllable"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- A person who chants the two syllables ha-ri has already studied the four Vedas - Sama, Rg, Yajur and Atharva
- After being situated in this yoga practice and vibrating the sacred syllable om, the supreme combination of letters, if one thinks of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and quits his body, he will certainly reach the spiritual planets
- I do not know how much nectar the two syllables 'Krs-na' have produced. When the holy name of Krsna is chanted, it appears to dance within the mouth
- In Bhagavad-gita Krsna says that He is pranavah sarva-vedesu, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras. In transcendental knowledge, the Lord is addressed as pranava, omkara, which is a symbolic representation of the Lord in sound
- In his own planet, Lord Brahma, with the inhabitants of that planet, worships the form of Lord Govinda, Krsna, by the mantra of eighteen syllables, klim krsnaya govindaya gopi-jana-vallabhaya svaha
- In that Fifth Chapter of the Brahma-samhita, the philosophical conclusion of acintya-bhedabheda-tattva is presented. The chapter also presents methods of devotional service, the eighteen-syllable Vedic hymn, discourses on the soul
- O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man
- One should observe silence and then place the eight-syllable Visnu mantra on the parts of his body and place the twelve-syllable mantra on his hands
- The essence of all Vedic knowledge - comprehending the three kinds of Vedic activity, the chandas, or Vedic hymns, and the processes for satisfying the demigods - is included in the eight syllables Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna
- The essence of all Vedic knowledge is included in the eight syllables Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna
- The Kali-santarana Upanisad states, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare - these sixteen names composed of thirty-two syllables are the only means to counteract the evil effects of Kali-yuga
- The Kama-gayatri mantra is just like a Vedic hymn, but it is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. There is no difference between the Kama-gayatri and Krsna. Both are composed of twenty-four and a half transcendental syllables
- Those who are initiated by a bona fide spiritual master and who chant the Gayatri mantra three times a day know this astadasaksara (eighteen-syllable) mantra (klim krsnaya govindaya gopi-jana-vallabhaya svaha)