Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
swanlike | swans | swan's | swanslike | swan-like
Pages in category "Swan"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- A paramahamsa accepts only the active principle of everything; just as a swan accepts only the milk from a mixture of water & milk, he accepts only the Supreme Personality of Godhead as his life and soul, neglecting all external, material things
- All over Vrndavana there were nice gardens filled with flowers and the sounds of humming bees and singing birds. The lakes were filled with lotus flowers and with ducks and swans
- All the lakes were full of beautiful swans, ducks and cranes, crying occasionally with melodious sounds
- Aquatic birds such as swans, ducks, water chickens, and cranes become greatly excited by the fragrance of lotus flowers, and the charming sound of bumblebees fills the air
- As Lord Brahma descended on his carrier, the great swan, all the residents of the planets named Siddhaloka, Gandharvaloka, Sadhyaloka and Caranaloka, as well as great sages and demigods flying in their different airplanes, assembled
- Beautiful women protected by the demigods sported in the gardens (of King Indra's city), which had lotus ponds full of swans, cranes, cakravakas and ducks
- Below the abodes of the Yaksas and Raksasas by a distance of 100 yojanas (800 miles) is the planet earth. Its upper limits extend as high as swans, hawks, eagles and similar large birds can fly
- Bumblebees became mad after the fragrance & sweetness of the atmosphere. Being pleased by the humming sound of the bees, Krsna would play His flute, & together the sounds became so sweet to hear that aquatic birds like cranes, swans & ducks were charmed
- By spiritual contact with the Lord, everything becomes spiritually reddened like the conchshell in the grip of the Lord, and the paramahamsa, or the supremely intelligent person, plays the part of the ducking swan in the water of spiritual bliss
- Even in the animals, there are divisions. Swan class and crow class. Natural division. The crow will not go to the swan. The swan will not go to the crow. Similarly in the human society, there are crow class men and swan class men
- Expecting Krsna to take her away at any moment, she (Rukmini) proceeded slowly toward her home. Her legs moved just like a full-grown swan, and her ankle bells tinkled mildly
- If a swan is provided with all the necessities of life, why I shall not be? I am so much developed human being. Why I am so much busy in economic development? This is called illusion
- Immediately Brahma descended from his great swan carrier and fell down before the Lord just like a golden stick
- In other words, because of the scorching heat, the swans are leaving the lakes. This metaphor is used to describe the condition of the devotees separated from Krsna
- Individual soul and Supersoul are compared to swans. One swan is superior and is the instructor of the other. When the inferior swan is separated from the other swan, he is attracted to material enjoyment. This is the cause of his falldown
- Isolation is always there. Even in this world there is isolation, even in animals. The birds, the crows, they remain together, and the swans remain together. So there is isolation between the swan and the crows
- It is described herein that the lakes were decorated with lotus flowers and with swans who played and sang with the birds and the humming bees
- It is said that the swan can draw milk from a mixture of milk and water; it can take only the milk portion and reject the watery portion
- Krsna consciousness means swan-like
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to create a population of paramahamsa. That is our propaganda. We are not trying to create a class of men like crows or cats and dogs, but like the hamsas
- Krsna consciousness movement means they are creating a society of swans, not of crows
- One queen addressed a swan as follows: "My dear swan, please come here, come here. You are welcome. Please sit down and take some milk. My dear swan, can you tell me if you have any message from Syamasundara?"
- Others fought on the backs of jackals, rats, lizards, rabbits, human beings, goats, black deer, swans and boars
- So far Lord Brahma paint him just like you have painted already in the poster where he is flying on the swan for stealing Krishna's cowherds friends and cows
- So long you are in the material world there must be classes. By nature, there is. Just like even in birds, there are a class of birds known as the crows and there is a class of birds which are called the swans
- Swanlike devotees
- The devotees said, "My dear Krsna, O friend of the Pandus, as the swan loves to dive into the water amongst the lily flowers and would die if he were taken from the water, so we only wish to be with You"
- The devotees who have a relationship with Krsna are like the swans and cakravaka birds who play in that forest of lotus flowers
- The gopis' sleeping condition is compared to the white swans, and the sound of Krsna's flute is compared to a black wasp
- The heron, vulture, crane, hawk, bhasa, bhalluka, peacock, swan, sarasa, cakravaka, crow, owl and others are the birds
- The individual soul and the Supersoul are both compared to swans (hamsa) because they are white, or uncontaminated. One swan, however, is superior and is the instructor of the other
- The lotus flower is sometimes surrounded by white swans, and sometimes it is surrounded by black wasps who are collecting its honey. When there is a thundering in the sky, the swans go away, but the black wasps stay to enjoy the lotus flowers
- The paramahamsas are compared to royal swans who make their nests on the petals of the lotus flower. The Lord's transcendental bodily parts are always compared to the lotus flower because in the material world the lotus flower is the last word in beauty
- The students said, "Because of this fire the water of his life has almost dried away. Let us now pour the nectar of the holy name through his ears, and by doing so the swan of his life may again show signs of life"
- The swan (hamsa) is one who discriminates between matter and spirit, who accepts the essence of everything, and who explains the means of bondage and the means of liberation
- The swans (in the forest of material existence) are the perfect brahmanas, and the monkeys are the extravagant sudras engaged in eating, sleeping, mating and defending
- The swans in the lakes, who are compared to the vitality of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, are no longer desiring to live in that lake
- The tinkling of Krsna’s ankle bells surpasses the songs of even the swan and crane, and the sound of His bangles puts the singing of the cataka bird to shame
- The word paramahamsa means "the supreme swan"
- There is an intimate relationship between the swan and the lotus stem. So the comparison is very appropriate: without becoming a swan, or paramahamsa, one cannot enter into the network stem of the lotus feet of the Lord
- These devotees are compared to swans, ducks and bees. The river's flowing produces a melodious sound that gladdens their ears
- This Krsna consciousness movement is meant for the swan class of men. Not for the crow class of men
- We can convert the crows into swans. That is our philosophy. One who was crow is now swimming like swan. That we can do
- We have to become swans, raja-hamsa , paramahamsa , paramahamsa . Paramo nirmatsaranam. Then you can understand Krsna consciousness. If you remain crows, then you cannot, that is not possible
- When Krsna's flute sounded, the white swans, which represent the sleeping condition of the gopis, were immediately vanquished, and the black wasp sound of the flute began to enjoy the lotus flower of the gopis' beauty
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, He saw there were ponds full of blue and red lotus flowers, and some of these tanks were filled with varieties of lilies. The lakes were full of nice swans and cranes, and the voices of these birds resounded everywhere
- Where rejected things, crows take pleasure in that. The swans, the ducks, they take pleasure in clear lake with lily flower, nice garden, and birds are chirping. They take pleasure in there. Similarly, there are classes of men like crows and like swans
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh
- Why the crow does not go to the nice garden? And why the swan does not go to the crow society?