Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
straw | straws
Pages in category "Straw"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A temporary temple was constructed by covering the bed all around with a straw mattress. Thus there was a bed and a straw mattress to cover it
- According to Vedic civilization, if one wants to become very humble and approach another person, then he has to take one straw in the mouth
- After this manifestation of Lord Visnu, Brahma saw that many other Brahmas and Sivas and demigods and even insignificant living entities down to the ants and very small straws - movable & immovable living entities - were dancing, surrounding Lord Visnu
- After welcoming the Lord (Krsna) and His companions (Narada and others), according to his (Srutadeva's) ability he brought fruits, incense, scented water, scented clay, tulasi leaves, kusa straw and lotus flowers
- An inordinate desire for economic development is considered to be like straws and grains of sand within the heart. If one is overly engaged in material activity, the heart will always remain disturbed
- As it is stated in the Caitanya-caritamrta, the only master is Krsna, and all others are His servants. The whole world is under the waves of the material spell, and beings are floating like straws in water. So their struggle for existence is continuing
- As Lord Caitanya advised in His Siksastaka, one has to execute devotional service by humbly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street and not expecting honor for himself but offering all kinds of honor to others
- As one fans paddy to separate the real paddy from useless straw, by accepting the criterion recommended by Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami one can very easily understand who is a genuine world-preacher and who is useless
- Family members are like straws carried together by the waves of a river. Sometimes such straws mix together in whirlpools, and later, dispersed again by the same waves, they float alone in the water
- For performing sacrificial ceremonies, one requires sacrificial ingredients, such as flowers, leaves and straw, along with the sacrificial altar and a suitable time - spring
- I have received two complimentary dummies. So I understand that the book will be printed in two parts, namely 226 pages in each part including the pictures. It is alright, but the covering appears to be thinner
- If the heart is filled with straw, grains of sand, weeds or dust (in other words, anyabhilasa-purna), one cannot enthrone the Supreme Personality of Godhead there
- If the host is a poor man, he should at least offer a straw mat as a sitting place and a glass of water to drink. Krsna and Balarama welcomed Akrura in a way just befitting his exalted position
- In great humility, both brothers took bunches of straw between their teeth and, each binding a cloth around his neck, fell down like rods before the Lord
- In this straw, there is fire. Now, you ignite it, and just fan it, and the fire will come
- No one can understand the loving intimacy between Gadadhara Pandita and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Gadadhara Pandita gave up his vow and service to Gopinatha just as one gives up a piece of straw
- Not only do the householder caste gosvamis disrespect the title gosvami, but also, following the principles of the smarta Raghunandana, they exhibit great foolishness by burning a straw image of Advaita Acarya in a sraddha ceremony
- Our mixing up in a group of family is exactly like the assembly of some straws in the waves of the river. It has no meaning. Just like the straws, they gather together by the movement of the waves
- Our relationship is just like sometimes there is wind and some straws gather together, and as soon as the wind is finished the straws are again strewn everywhere
- Seeing the Lord from a distance, the two brothers put two clumps of straw between their teeth and immediately fell down on the ground like rods, offering Him obeisances
- So many straws and vegetables, they gather together. And sometimes the same vegetables and straws are thrown asunder. One is there, one is here. So here also, we assemble here as society, friendship and love exactly like that
- Sridhara Svami's commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "Such a transcendental devotee regards any kind of happiness other than devotional service as no better than straw in the street"
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami offers his respectful obeisances to Srimati Radharani, taking a straw in his mouth. Indeed, he prays, "O Gandharvika, Srimati Radharani, just as Lord Krsna never rejects a surrendered soul, please don't reject me"
- Srila Rupa and Sanatana are very much experienced in education, devotional service, intelligence and strength, yet they think themselves inferior to straw in the street
- Srutadeva, being not at all rich, offered only mattresses, wooden planks, straw carpets and so on to his distinguished guests, Lord Krsna and the sages (Narada and others), but he welcomed them to the best of his ability
- The cow gives milk, but she does not drink that milk: she eats grass and straw, and her milk is designated as food for human beings. Such is the arrangement of the Lord
- The followers of Lord Caitanya must execute His will with heart and soul, being more tolerant than the trees and humbler than the straw in the street
- The gopis especially, and also the cowherd men and the aborigine tribeswomen, always desire to become the grass and straw on the streets of Vrndavana, to be trampled on by the lotus feet of Krsna
- The Lord then ordered everyone to cleanse the inside of the temple very perfectly by taking finer dust, straws and grains of sand and throwing them outside
- The Lord then personally sat down in the middle and picked up all kinds of straw, grains of sand and dirty things
- The Lord then told the devotees, "I can tell how much you have labored and how well you have cleansed the temple simply by seeing all the straw and dust you have collected outside"
- The seat of kusa straw is considered to be sanctified if the straw is taken out of the earth complete with root, and if the root is pointed toward the east it is considered to be auspicious
- The two brothers got up, and again taking straw between their teeth, they humbly offered their prayers with folded hands
- The vibration of Krsna's flute is like a whirlwind, and the flickering minds of the gopis are like straws and dry leaves. After they fall down in the whirlwind, they never rise again but remain eternally at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Thus Murari Gupta, catching two bunches of straw in his teeth, went before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with humility and meekness
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was picking up the straws and grains of sand, He said, "I shall gather everyone's collection, and I shall ask whoever has collected less than all the others to pay a fine of sweet cakes and sweet rice"
- Who can become humbler than the straw unless he accepts a Spiritual Master?