Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
stole | stolen
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Stolen"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- After Lord Brahma had stolen all of the calves, cows and cowherd boys from Krsna, he was trying to go away. But all of a sudden he became doubtful about his stealing affairs and began to watch on all sides with his eight eyes
- All these captive princesses (who were forcibly stolen by Bhaumasura) were then accepted by the Lord as His wives, although in the estimation of society they were all fallen girls
- Although he (Brahma) was informed that the little cowherd boy (Krsna) was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he wanted to see more of the Lord’s glorious pastimes, and thus he stole all the calves and cowherd boys and took them to a different place
- At the end of the millennium, ignorance personified assumed the form of a demon, stole all the Vedas and took them down to the planet of Rasatala
- At the request of Balarama, Krsna briefly explained the whole situation: how the calves and boys were stolen by Brahma and how He was concealing the incident by expanding Himself so people would not know that the original calves and boys were missing
- Following the instructions of Aurva, King Sagara performed asvamedha sacrifices, but the horse needed for such a sacrifice was stolen by Indra, the King of heaven
- Formerly the Deity had stolen a pot of sweet rice for Madhavendra Puri; therefore He became very famous as the Lord who stole the sweet rice
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto Madhavendra Puri, who was given a pot of sweet rice stolen by Gopinatha, celebrated thereafter as Ksira-cora. Being pleased by Madhavendra Puri's love, Gopala, the Deity at Govardhana, appeared to the public vision
- I was maintaining myself by selling these books for one year. There was no friend, and I was living in apartment with great difficulty. Still, the whole, I mean to say, stock, and my typewriter, my tape recorder - everything was stolen
- In Kashmir about hundred years ago. If somebody has stolen, cut his hand. Bas. He cannot steal any more. So one cutting hand means finish. In that part of the world, no more stealing
- In the form of a cowherd boy, Lord Krsna was very little in comparison to Brahma, but because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He could immediately understand that all the calves and boys had been stolen by Brahma
- In the Hamsaduta, the following incident is described: The gopis requested Hamsaduta to search after the marks of Krsna's lotus feet and to accept them as Lord Brahma had accepted them on his helmet after he had stolen all Krsna's cowherd boys
- In Vrndavana, when Brahma stole Krsna's calves and cowherd boys, Krsna expanded Himself into many new calves and boys
- Krsna has become everything. After Brahma has stolen the original cowherds boys and cows and calves, Krsna has expanded Himself. So on account of Krsna's expansion, the cowherdsmen got a special attraction
- Krsna informed Jambavan that He had come to ask for the Syamantaka jewel because ever since it had been stolen His name had been defamed by the less intelligent
- Lord Brahma presented himself to Lord Krsna as the most presumptuous living creature because he wanted to examine the wonder of His personal power. He stole the boys and calves of the Lord in order to see how the Lord would recover them
- Lord Gopinatha became well known as Ksiracora, the thief who stole condensed milk
- Of course, it will not be very palatable to hear, but actually we are all thieves. We have stolen God's property. That is material life. Anyone who has got anything without sense of God, it is to be understood that he has stolen the property
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- Radharani said, "'If by chance the transcendental form of Krsna comes before My path of vision, My heart, injured from being beaten, will be stolen away by Cupid, happiness personified"'
- Rukmini continued, "Who is that young woman who has accompanied him? How have they met? Remembering my own son, who was stolen from the maternity home, I can only guess if he is living somewhere, he might have grown by this time to be like this boy"
- She (Usa) identified the picture to Citralekha as that of the man (Aniruddha) who had stolen her heart
- Suppose you have stolen something from somebody's house or some friends. You will not be happy, even possessing that thing, stolen property. But if someday you come to return that thing to that friend, you will be happy
- That very personality who stole away my heart during my youth is now again my master. These are the same moonlit nights of the month of Caitra. The same fragrance of malati flowers is there, & the same sweet breezes are blowing from the kadamba forest
- The beauty of the Gopala Deity stole away their minds, and feeling great happiness, they remained there for two or four days
- The collections will increase as people come more and more. The temple should become self-sufficient, that is wanted. However, see that stealing is stopped. I am doubtful that things are being stolen, otherwise how is the expenditure so high
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The person for whom I have stolen accuses me of being a thief
- The playful pastimes of the Lord caused suspicion in the mind of Lord Brahma, and therefore Lord Brahma, to test Krsna’s Lordship, stole all the Lord’s calves and cowherd boys with his own mystic power
- The record player which you gave me at the Stinson Beach is lost. It is stolen by somebody from my room while I was alone sleeping
- The smrti-sastras say, "Murderers of brahmanas are later afflicted by tuberculosis, drunkards become toothless, and those who have stolen gold are afflicted by diseased nails"
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- There is another example of indirect astonishment. Trying to test Krsna to see if He were truly the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Brahma stole all the cowherd boys and cows from Him
- There were 16,100 beautiful girls who were daughters of many kings and were forcibly stolen by Bhaumasura, who kept them captive for his carnal desire
- These demons can perform wonderful magic. Vyomasura took the part of a cowherd boy playing as a thief and stole many boys who were playing the parts of lambs
- Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons, do not surrender unto Me
- Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me