Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Spelling"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- I am not much fond of the idea of changing things to accommodate the public. Better to change the public to accommodate us. Therefore I suggest wherever there is Sanskrit used, there should be English spelling in brackets
- I have read the headline prayer. It is nicely written, correctly spelled, which shows that you are a very intelligent girl and you can use your talent and intelligence for serving the Lord
- I want that in all of our books, magazines and other writings the scholarly presentation be given in all instances, so for every Sanskrit word there must be the appropriate spelling and diacritic marks
- I wish that all copies, before finally going to the press, must be thoroughly revised and edited so that there may not be any mistakes especially of spelling and grammar or of the Sanskrit names
- If the books are printed with spelling mistakes and other mistakes, that will be a discredit for our publication. So please see that editorial work is done very nicely
- It is not our philosophy to print errors. Of course, our spiritual subject matter is transcendental and therefore it remains potent despite mistakes in grammar, spelling, etc
- So far as the certificates are concerned, they are very beautiful and nicely done. But I have noticed that there is one small spelling mistake which you may be able to correct. "Srimati" you have spelled as "Srimate"
- So far as the mistake on the certificates, I think that only on the certificates to be given to brahmacarinis is it necessary to change the spelling, because on the brahmacari's certificate this word Srimate will be crossed out
- The coming of the goddess of fortune to Gundica is celebrated as Hera-pancami. Sometimes this is misspelled as Hara-pancami among the ativadis. The word hera means "to see" and refers to the goddess of fortune going to see Lord Jagannatha
- The composition which you have sent me, although it is incomplete, it appears to be nice. I do not find any mistake in the composition, but sometimes you have spelled Chaitanya as Chaitanya, and sometimes you have spelled it Caitanya
- This material cosmic manifestation is but the reflection of the spiritual world. When one is actually liberated from the spell of the external energy, he can understand the constitutional nature of the Supreme Lord
- We have to see that in our book there is no spelling or grammatical mistake. We do not mind for any good style, our style is Hare Krishna, but, still, we should not present a shabby thing
- We should not have to reduce our standard on account of the ignorant masses. Diacritic spelling is accepted internationally, and no learned person will even care to read our books unless this system is maintained